/daily/ It's Fucking /daily/ Edition

I made this thread because no one else would.

N-not like I wanted to or anything.

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>sunglasses emoji

topsters.net/
>skull emoji

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>plug emoji

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>jimmy jazz emoji

discord.gg/s5Rv7zJ
>house emoji

ask about the skype group and you lose your life

Previously, on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/p5JxpUuMcFs
rateyourmusic.com/film_collection/I_AM_FISH/r5.0
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/tanya-tagaq/retribution/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/qebr_s/⊶⊑∷⌊∴⊹∵⌉∷⊒⊷/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=hNtvaV0r2Ig
twitter.com/AnonBabble

chapter 9

I think peter brotzmann is a pretty cool guy. Eh blows the jazz real hard and doesn't afraid of anything

Chapter 10

Onkyo.

This makes me happy.

Eyyyy I found a freeform chart from literally months ago.

~~Jangle Quickies™~~

Bukka White - The Complete Sessions 1930-1940
>Delta Blues
Good but just shy of great. Sounds very samey and struggles to make a definitive individual statement. His guitar work is good but doesn't strike that emotional chord as effectively as his contemporaries.
6.5 /10

Eugene Chadbourne - Vol 1: Solo Acoustic Guitar
>Free Improvisation
Crazy solo guitar improv. Fucky sounds that defy the instrument. Yes please.
7.5 /10

Quasi - American Gong
>Fag Indie
Gross, lol.
Abysmal lyrics, and reeeally trying to shoehorn that lo-fi noise aesthetic into shitty pop songs.
3.0 /10

Jangle you are a creature of great beauty, and should never hide

The Blind Willie Johnson comp listen and review are long overdue

>Blind Willie Nelson - The Complete Blind Willie Nelson
The first few songs are a bit samey—blues with trailing, string-bent guitars and a gravely voice—but he soon breaks out into a surprisingly expressive and dynamic range of singing and playing. I can’t get enough of those moments when he switches from his hoarse almost-overtoned rasping to his beautiful, hearty singing voice. He can make the switch on a dime, and when it hits it’s so potent. He does it nearly every song it never gets old.

Both discs are amazing, but the first has a slight edge on the second. The second is noticeably softer and has a little more traditional pop appeal. It’s almost folky at times too. The whole shebang overstays its welcome a bit, but such is the nature of the complete artist discography compilation. There are amazing moments aplenty scattered pretty evenly throughout.

I went in with high expectations and they were met.
>8/10

yes you

This is bullshit. I swear I listened to this album on my own accord, and now every fucking /daily/ member is listening to it and writing reviews within days.
Have we synced up like chicks with their periods?
What the fuck is this place??

One of us!
One of us!
One of us!

I get a good chunk of my recs secondhand from daily.

I was also under the impression that this was a long-time, all-time favorite of nat's.

>What the fuck is this place??
A meme.

>Cubs won the world series

What's some good music for imminent apocalypse?

I saw it on your chart (or at least someone's) recently, liked the review and decided to check it out. I usually scope out other /daily/ charts when looking for good music.

That game was so fucking ridiculous. Probably the most entertained I've ever been watching baseball.

>everyone is slowly admitting that fishcore is bestcore

all according to plan...

next thing you know, people will start acting like the golden record isn't a total meme

never!! >:^0

Blind Willie Johnson is essential cuntry blues
Don't get butthurt
Also not even best comp of his ;^)

Is this a masterpiece of modern music?

Both

>Melt-Banana - Fetch
I just really couldn't get into this album. I liked some of the noisy parts and the part when it transitioned into an ambient track was pretty neat. Also the glitchy electronic manipulations made the guitar part a bit more interesting. While the vocal delivery had a unique sound to it, the album started to sound the same after just a few songs. I actually didn't realize it was in english until almost the end. yellow circle/10

Good morning ^_^

:{}

>blind willie
>fishcore
Lmao

:{}

Quick, post things that can be semi-trolleristic but still interesting to make into an infographic.

what if you made like "the difference between good and bad music" and then you put music that people generally think of as good in the bad section wouldn't that be hilarious

What a hilarious and innovative concept!

thank you

Streaming vs Downloads
CD vs Records vs Digital
Electronic Music genres
Objectivity of music

>he wasn't self-aware for all this fucking time

Going there, pretty hyped

Will this give me mad poseur cred if I see everything?

lol no

:(
It's only half the fun then!

which artists are you looking forward to the most?

also the poster makes it look like a festival audioslave and incubus would play at in like 2004

i've been /daily/posting for 2 whole years now, what a world

and to answer Natkingcole, yes, much of the art I put on snapchat is for my oil painting class. flattered you like it!

DAF and Of the Wand and the Moon mainly
Psychic TV and Burial Hex will hopefully be great too
Not sure how Ramleh works in a live settting

>Discipline
>3.5
This never gets old

Also did you explore EN's discography?

tilted

>This never gets old
Never gets wrong, either

And I listened to Halber Mensch, but I preferred Tabula Rasa, so I stopped digging

>Never gets wrong, either
Yeah, because it was wrong from the beginning
>And I listened to Halber Mensch, but I preferred Tabula Rasa, so I stopped digging
At least try out Silence is Sexy then, or the Brussels live album

it's been a top 10 favorite of mine for like a year, yeah. glad you liked it!

sicc, you've got a great style.

going to see Idiot Glee this sunday yayyy
(last concert I attended to was in 2 months ago.. i missed that)

So I finally gave this cocksucker a listen

>Bon Iver - 22, a Million
I went in with mixed expectations on this. On one hand, I really enjoyed the first two singles. On the other hand, everyone says this album blows. And I’m kind of inclined to agree with the latter.

It’s weird, usually pointless “folktronica” or art pop—pick your poison—that starts off promising, but never builds into or amounts to anything. A lot of the tracks are pleasant enough, so I guess they’re kind of ambient in that way (better listened to passively), but too often will the album pull you out of it to try and fail at something. Like the mostly solo vocal “8 (circle)” which might have been some kind of ballad. The clear, largely un-autotuned vocals were supposed to cut through the album and stand out I guess? Anyway, it sounds like fucking 2015 Coldplay.

I can actually admire Justin’s efforts to branch out from heartfelt indie folk rock, because I don’t think he’s feeling it, and it’s a played out genre anyway. But it’s a bit of being stuck between a rock and a hard place, because the mature “electronic” album (see: Kid A, Age of Adz, the list could go on…) is probably just as played out. And this album isn’t really doing the trend much service. While the soul influences smattered on the first song were promising, they rarely resurface. If he pursued that, I might’ve been a bit more interested.

Also the pseudo-cryptic bullshit marketing for the album pissed me off. Like, don’t focus on the lyrics, Justin. The lyrics are trash. Just don’t even.

At only 34 minutes, it shouldn’t be difficult to avoid boring the listener, and yet…
>5/10

I don't think it's that obscure m8

thank you whoever played this in plug yesterday btw

jams

just listen to this shit
>youtu.be/p5JxpUuMcFs

Willie Nelson - Phases And Stages
Never heard a whole Willie Nelson album, mostly just pieces and bits, and I'm not disappointed. Kinda want to check out more country music tbqh.

John Cale - Music For A New Society
I really liked the beginning, but it gradually was getting boring for me idk. Maybe I will like it more on a relisten.

Blind Willie Nelson?

best willie nelson

Dammit

pic related

Dispepsi is probably the best pop album about soda ever.

Could probably write about "what's their message? Do they not like advertizing? Capitalism? What's their endgame?" but no one wants to hear that.

Unironically liked a lot of the pop tunes on here, but the addition of the spoken word about Pepsi doesn't really mesh well, and certainly doesn't have the same impact as "escape from noise."

Not underrated, but definitely unchecked. Would rec to anyone who doesn't think telling the same joke for an entire album gets old fast, or anyone that enjoyed Escape From Noise in any capacity.

boo >:(

jk it's definitely not something that's for everyone. They put on a damn good show though. One of the best concerts I've ever been to was a Melt Banana show. If they're near you don't pass them up.

yeh

is this the jimmy jazz emoji

I was sure it was the poop one but whatever ;))))))))))))))))))))))))

your paintings are pretty cool

can I have one?

should add I really dug a lot of the Pepsi-related humor here, I just thought it got old fast. "Would've been better as an EP" is a fucking stupid-ass non-review I've seen a million times but I honestly think there was really no way to make this concept not tired almost immediately. I say something dumb like "hurr good concept but the execution was bad hurhur" but I'm only sort of a hack. The concept was hecked from the beginning.

Really craving a nice, crisp, refreshing taste of a Pepsi(TM) for some reason...

>I say something dumb like
*I COULD say something dumb like

I need to not write reviews of soda-related albums at 8AM

Rec me your favorite movies (up to 5), I need some stuff to watch

Rush Hour
Rush Hour 2
Rush Hour 3
Lucifer Rising
Rush Hour 4

I will watch Lucifer Rising out of curiosity for Anger meme

watch any of these you haven't seen I guess:
rateyourmusic.com/film_collection/I_AM_FISH/r5.0

I really doubt you haven't seen any of them, and none of them are any good at all, but they ARE my favorites.

Actually I haven't seen any of them, although I've been meaning to watch several ones. Thanks

not my fav but watch Revolutionary Girl Utena: Adolescence Apocalypse imo

yw

luv uu

Someone recd me this already, I am going to watch series I guess?

it's not like EoE, it's meant as a standalone movie

>best pop album
Nice pun
>your paintings are pretty cool
Thanks Mr fish
>can I have one?
If you're serious I will sell you one

The Dark Crystal is the best

Can you paint me a pig for $5

Watch the four meme Parajanov movies everyone likes:

>The Colour of Pomegranates
>Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors
>The Legend of Suram Fortress
>Ashik Kerib

All are on rutracker last I checked

Also watch Hausu if you'd like, it's SDCcore but it's very entertaining on top of being very well done from a technical standpoint.

Topsters won't let me save the chart :(
Not sure if I will continue doing this chart
But I still hope I can fill it until the year is over

Are there any albums coming out in the next two month you are looking forward to?

Hartyga - Agitator

A studio album of Tuvan meme jazz rock

You should try out their live EP from earlier this year, it's fun.

Scorpio Rising>Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome>>>Lucifer Rising
Honorary mention to Fireworks for being the gayest Anger.

>SDCcore but
What do you mean "but", isn't being Sdcore reason enough to watch it?

this shit dings

>You should try out their live EP from earlier this year, it's fun.
>2 ratings, both from /daily/
nice
also just noticed it's on bandcamp, so I will give that a listen later, thanks!

No, the pic is not related at all. Eat pig shit.

Just copy/paste the album art in and place them haphazardly in paint, then your chart can be as beautiful as mine!

BIG FUCKEN TOUGH GUY TODAY EH??

name a price my dude.

msg me on snapchat ;))) or just do this

>7% Solution - All About Satellites and Spaceships
What a disappointment. I expected a decent Spacemen 3 rip off but what I got was boring Verve impression (and Verve are a bit shit anyway) with a bit of Slowdive (another band I'm not a huge fan of) thrown in. I got a bit excited when I saw Nat say the tracks drone on and on a while back because like I said it put images of Spacemen 3 in my head. But sadly the reason these tracks drone isn't through any minimalist hammering of the same chords, sustained noise or anything that makes droney shoegaze good, it's just through putting some effects on shit songwriting and dragging it out for 7 minutes. There's the odd good moment but it's all so fucking boring. 2/5

Young Girls of Rochefort
Carol
Children of Paradise
Mirror
Contempt

But that's an annoying thing to do...

I mean do you have anything better to do

Nah

>Are there any albums coming out in the next two month you are looking forward to?
i have no clue
this came out a week ago and i kinda wanna hear it
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/tanya-tagaq/retribution/

cucks out for what

*bass drop and lil jon*

heLL YEAH??????????????????????

BRUUUUUUUUU
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

tell me about your experience with this feel

>nobody has mentioned the meme movie yet
It's Such a Beautiful Day
Jacob's Ladder
The Thing
Eraserhead
Into the Wild

i grew up on whatever metal was blasting out of my parent's car speakers, so i guess i'm just accustomed to / have a higher tolerance to the style. i think the energy carries it through regardless, but it's cool.
>Spirit a 3.5
if only your taste was as good as your paintings.
2016 is the year that everybody forgets that the books existed.
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/qebr_s/⊶⊑∷⌊∴⊹∵⌉∷⊒⊷/

Nah

Idk, but you haven't listened to AOTY yet (hint: it's the new KA album)
Quality boast

$6 final offer

November chart done \o/

Still exploring overblown backlog & old favorites and ordering with broad themes:
>1980's UK post-punk
>Neo Psych-Pop
>Post-rock
>cute pop
>Yellow magic Orchestra
>City Pop
>French Electro
>1970's Chanson

what's your perfect record? the one you never get tired of

Great picks (haven't seen Into the Wild though)

It's Such a Beautiful Day gave me the feels so bad. It legit fucked me up for like two weeks lmao. Awesome movie though

Check me out y'all let me know what U think..

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hNtvaV0r2Ig

Blind Willie Nelson - s/t

Excellent choice