Anything I can do for the dog besides calling for a vet?

Anything I can do for the dog besides calling for a vet?

Wrap fishing line around it

go to the FUCKING VET, IDIOT

Sanitize a needle with flame or alcohol, drop needle thread in alcohol, sew the wound up. Grab a piece of bandage, apply povidone iodine , wrap up in bandage. Remove thread by cutting the end and pulling trough skin slowly after couple of days.

vet or it's going to get infected and die for sure.
You don't know what you're doing neither does anyone on this website.

Medical student here, take your dog to a vet if you like it alive/with 4 legs.

Too deep to home treat, Use only saline wash and take it to the vets. Even if you close the wound infection is going to set in.

If you had some MMS you could disinfect it easily.

I'm a combat medic in an outpost surrounded by villages full of people who'd eat me alive. It's a stray dog that is always around eating from our trash.

I've been instructed not to use our (lacking) supplies to treat or even simply bandage the wound.

bullet to the dome will do.

> I'm a combat medic
> asking Sup Forums how to treat the dog

If only I could edit posts... The first part explains why a vet isn't an option.

I don't have any other supplies than to get vein access, heartman ampules and simple bandages.

You're the damn medic fix the good pooch

-10/10 medic, can fix bullet wounds but not doggo

What do you think I'm trained to do? I have a CAT, a few FirstCare bandages, and dexamol.

My job is to stall for time when someone gets injured to either get help to them or get them to a hospital.

I treat trauma in the most rough way, to stabilize the guy/girl ASAP. Not do a field operation. I don't have anything santize wounds with.

The most your going to paY is $75 maybe less or go buy a fist aid kit that has stuff to stich with in the mean time clean with salt and cover and honey and bandage him up

Put it out of misery you heartless motherfucker!
Besides it's ugly as fuck.

you are the cancer

Don't be silly! Only Koreans eat dogs. Dog meat is haram for mudslims.

>demotivators
>2016

Disinfect with alcohol. Put gunpower from a round across the wound. Ignite the powder which in turn seals the wound shut. Wrap in bandage. This should work. Good luck

take it to a vet, as soon as possible, its on an articulation, if it gets infected the dog can lose movement on that part, or even need amputation of the whole limb.

some fucking medic then. how can you do your job without even the most basic supplies?
>medic
>can't sterilise wound
>fucking die

shot it in the head then, save him all the pain and misery of the company of an asshole like yourself.

Right after you.
My course of action. Though its a stray and my commanders won't get it treatment if it's gonna cost us more than the fuel to transport him sadly. Not everyone cares enough.

And for the idiots who can't read all the comments before responding, I know the vet is the best answer. Right now I'm fighting over arranging an armored vehicle to take him to a place where a vet can get to.

If you are telling the truth about your situation, than nothing. If it's not your dog and you can't keep an eye on it then any type of bandage or anything you put on it the dog is going to remove. Just let it lick its wound like it will be compelled to do and hope for the best.

(me)
Saw this shit on a surival doco btw

no alcohol? or iodine? find some way to disinfect and clean the wound (at the very least with water that you boiled before), bandage it with some boiled cloth if you cant get bandages.

I'm in the IDF. We're posted all around the country and inside it. The longest it takes for medical evacuation is 20-30 minutes. Would you die from infection within 20 minutes of getting a cut? Exactly. We're not trained to do what is not Needed to stabilize someone. We're walking around with 2 automated morphine syringes. Not 20 of them, dormikum, ketamine and an intubation kit.

Give me a break.

Finally someone with a brain cell or two around here.

I'm doing my best for him

Fuck I'm typing too fast.
> what is not needed. Just how to stabilize

Do a clean saw off, it'll live on 3 legs

Shoot a load on to the wound!

you don't have injection site swabs? holy shit man, it's not asking much for a fucking antibacterial treatment when you claim to be a medic. it's a basic tool. boil some water and dissolve salt in it, use that. splash some alcohol mouthwash on it, splash some fucking local high strength liquor on it, use a friggin kfc wipe (or whatever cannibal sandnigger equivalent you have on hand) if you must and bandage it.
seriously, salt dissolved in boiling water, wash the wound thoroughly when the water has cooled enough for you to be able to sip it without your tongue burning off, and bandage it to prevent any more pathogens getting into the wound.
combat medic my fucking arse, you're full of shit. like anyone would trust a fucking peasant with morphine when they can't even clean and bandage a wound like that

I must call for bait. Combat medic who comes here to ask for an advice on the most basic things? Give me a fucking break.

+1 props, big word ups, mad respeck, speak the truth

If you reallu cant just sanitize and super glue. My dog attacked a chainsaw (shes my little retard) super glued the area and she is fine, no troll, totally serious. I even use super glue on myself

here
you're like a carpenter without a hammer
you're like a van without wheels
you're like a plane without wings
you're like an ugly model, fucking useless

>My dog attacked a chainsaw (shes my little retard)

Fuck man, at least shes fearless. Laughing my ass off though.

Do what you can with what you got if possible try Covering it, if you got any anti affection cream put some on him. Try to keep him from moving around hope for the best

OP, my dog had the exact same thing. Put honey on and around the cut, then cover it with a cloth, and tape the cloth loosely around its leg. Not too tight, but enough so it doesn't fall off. Actually works.

- Heres my dog :D

Honey is antibacterial, this does actually work, an confirm.

Honestly OP if you cant find anything thats even remotely AB, then you shouldn't be a fucking combat medic.

That being said, on second look it does look pretty infected and you should get to a vet asap.

wash, band, repeat, easy as pie