What's the point of sports...

What's the point of sports? I was watching Hungary vs Portugal and I was obviously nervous because I didn't want us to get knocked out. But after the match I thought "What if we somehow win the tournament? absolutely nothing changes in my life". Are those 90 minutes pure escapism only? Does it matter?

Yes it changed. While the Jorge Mendes nt was struggling against Hungary, the finance minister was annoucing on the other channel, that they will steal 500€ from every portuguese, including children in order to inject money to save CGD.
So yeah...our life actually became worst.

you get some shitposting rights on Sup Forums
and if you are willing to go out you can celebrate with your countrymen

For upper/higher classes it's just a means of entertainment and it doesn't change their lives at all
For working classes it's a way of escape from our pathetic lives
>tfw I have an exam on Saturday and I'm shitposting here fuck I'm gonna be so fucked

Today I learned that Portuguese and Hungarians are actually kindred spirits.

Winning a major tournament boosts the economy of your country. It literally got us out of a depression in 1988.

Plus it's fun. Sports is fun, winning is fun. Don't overthink it

I already knew that due to watching Bela Tarr films

>Does it matter?

Nothing matters and there's no "point" to anything.

But I don't say from a pessimistic/nihilistic perspective, but from an empowering perspective.

Think how awful it would be if there was an objective "point" to life? That would mean we'd all be forced into pursuing some goal dictated by God, the Universe, Nature, etc.

The fact that life is "pointless" frees us to create meaning for ourselves and decide what "matters" to us.

I would also advise watching sports from the mindset of appreciating achievement, competition, and the "aesthetics" of the game if your team winning and losing no longer moves you emotionally.

I choose to indulge in those emotions, though, since as it's fun.

nigger? you made this same fucking thread yesterday

its all about creating memorys for the children bro.
Remember when u were a kid and how you looked at our players and team?

I was a 8yo in 2004 and I still remember that tournament like something fucking magical, everything from partying in the streets with my friends and familly to playing football and wanting to be like ricardo and ronaldo.
Everything is more fun when you don't understand it. Its not about the football game in the 90mins its what it involves.

If we win this euros the kids that are 6-12 now will never forget it and remeber it as something great to look back on.

con
t. when you are 16-([xAge] until you have children of your own) nothing really matters its all bullshit

Once you have kids you will live to give them good memories and you will feel great doing it.

Yea, both are catholic subhumans

>t. Mohammad Al-Adeen

this is pasta

I watch it for the memes.

Emigrate.

>Emigrate.
Portugal's answer to everything.

Guys, OP made this thread twice yesterday. It isn't really an invitation to philosophize over sports as much as it is an annoying piece of pasta.

t. fulltime Sup Forums neighborhood watch

Tell me a better solution when you're a minority in a collectivist-minded country. They're poor and they don't even know why.

I'm currently working and living like a monk for saving money to do just that. You think i will spend my life in this place sorrounded by ratraded people that keep voting for corrupt organizations to run the country in the last 50 years? fuck dat.

You're doing Viriato's work bro

And do what? If i did something i would be laughed at and dubbed a "crazy lone wolf".
Nobody cares.

Half your fucking country is catholic, retard.

>Roman Catholicism in Hungary 37.1%
>Roman Catholicism in Germany 29.5%

Portugal WHY ARE YOU SO MUCH LIKE US