/nba/ general

Draft day

>ESPN sources say Chicago Bulls guard Jimmy Butler has accepted an invitation to play on this summer's Team USA Olympic squad

>Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George, Draymond Green, Kyle Lowry, DeMarcus Cousins and Jimmy Butler ... all confirmed for Rio Olympics

>Team USA, sources say, remains hopeful Kyrie Irving and Klay Thompson will ultimately say YES on the Olympics after their long playoff runs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z4B72F8EaNk
nesn.com/2014/01/michael-jordans-college-transcript-reveals-he-took-beginning-tennis-majored-in-geography-now-up-for-auction/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for Hield to the Celtics

who here /BTC/

Instead of arguing Jordan vs Lebron can we just laugh at the fact memeiors fans thought Curry was better than both?

could be a reasonable move but idk, seems like adams and him have built a lot of rapport together and I don't know what else OKC could do to optimize their roster. I guess that's why I'm not an NBA GM

seems like boston has a lot of junk that nobody really wants...

>Celtics get Klay Thompson 2.0
>Celtics 10peat

Cap it.

Can't wait to laugh at the poor soul who picks Bender

Okafor to Boston for the third pick pls

Daily reminder that MJ had the same number of rings as LeBron at his age

>Kevin Durant was in New York yesterday for Steve Nash's Soccer showdown
>kids and adults swarmed him as he sat on the bench
He's coming to win one for da city

what's wrong with him senpai? what about saric what you think about him senpai?

yes, San Antonio, TX

>A loss in the finals is worse than not making the finals at all

What do people mean by this?

>but played in 4 less finals

2nd place was invented to make the loser feel happy

Daily reminder that Jordan has more championships because he actually won with UNC

I kind of like Bender to the Wolves to be honest

what about 3rd-30th place

>amateur sports

LeBron's numbers in college would have been stratospheric

Who /derrickrose/ in here Knicks senpai

>the best offer the celts have received for 3 is Okafor straight up
>Danny ainge actually convinced Boston fans they would get a Hayward level player for that pick
>They're getting a slightly better Jared Sullinger instead
Lmfao

ainge doesn't give enough back for what he takes, so that hurts his position. what would the celtics have to throw in for their #3 to get monroe and the bucks' #10?

>college

Kek, Melo is a champion too, and Kemba, and Jahlil Okafor. No one gives a fuck about college and if you're good enough you skip it

>LeBron's numbers in college would have been stratospheric

K
T

Most talent+cap flexibility IN THE FUCKING LEAGUE

>Jordan swept in first round 3 times
>losing record without pippen
>team went to ECF without him
>5/6 teams you beat in finals never won a championship before it after

Jordan isn't goat guys

>implying the spuds don't fuck their chances because the big grandpas want to try for another champions hip

Saric is allright, a decent pickup for Philly. Don't know about his defense but he's a thinker on offense and has improved his shot over the last couple of seasons.
His strength is in his passing though.

Bender is too overhyped, haven't seen anything from him this season, and while it may be the coaches fault it still doesn't make up for the fact that he didn't shine when he did play.

hi sam

He didn't win shit his two final years in college

>Teams that Lebron left turned to shit
>Teams that Jordan left were still very competitive

Why does this happen?

Kobe and Jordan are both ballhogs

WE OUTCHEA

Has anyone read some of the shit on the Ringer?

90% of it is hot take trash.

>Hearing that Minnesota is shopping Rubio and not asking for much in return as long as the receiving team takes Pekovic's contract as well.

>would have been
Man, if I played in the nba, I'd have 5 rings in a row by 20.

Phil Jackson a GOAT

Daily Reminder: People judge LeBron halfway through his career

>All those players going to Brazil

Looks like LeBron is winning another for Da Land.

Steph pls

Is Jimmy gonna be the best two-way player now that Rose is gone?

You can't compare them by their ages because they didn't come into the league at the same time moron. Jordan went to college, Lebron didn't. You have to compare the years in the league.

My friend told me this was a weak draft class and it's likely none of the picks outside the top two will matter. How true is this?

No he'll flip when he's mediocre and has nobody to blame it on. Also Noah's telling chicongo to go fuck themselves

age 31, both have 3 championships

Jordan beat-
Old ass lakers who never made it back

Portland who never won a chip

Phoenix who never won a chip

Lebron beat

73 win defending champs

A historic Spurs team that won 5 rings total, one after their loss to Lebron

The thunder who had three mvp candidates

Depends how you define it

There are like 10 guys that I see being potential really good role players

See that 2nd part right there is the problem.Three years ago ok , now they going to have to include a future 1st to get rid of Pekovic .

Why the fuck is Kyrie going to play for the Olympics? He needs to rest so we can win another for Da Land!

As in potential regular all stars

>this logic

kek. So because Jordan took a break from basketball to bat .130 we should give him a handicap in comparison of legacy? So because Jordan wasn't good enough to leave out of high school or even as a freshman for that matter we should not compare their achievements by their ages? Get fucked with that mental gymnastics

>yfw Jordan has two extra years with the Wizards

If the Knicks get Noah they will have by far the best team of 2011

I read basketball stuff and for stuff, and only about 50% of either are good

Give it time it's still a new site

LeBron went straight to the NBA, Jordan won a national championship in college, something LeBron will Never do

Probably 3

Then I see 2 more with potential

So average draft class

>you can't use his wizard years!
>you can't compare jordan using age!
>you have to compare using years in the league!
LMAO jordan babbies sure do have a lot of rules for how you MUST compare players to jordan

what a manufactured GOAT, not the true GOAT

Is Baldwin IV good?

Lol it's an amateur league

There are always a few hidden gems in every draft

Well shit, Dirk, Kobe, and Duncan never won a national championship in college either. I guess Kemba Walker is better than all those guys

>Celtics will draft yet another guard

Wuddup

I feel like Jordan would have been a goat towel boy for Lebron

>college sports

no one gives a shit randall

>wastes 3 years of his life in college to get one ring and get drafted third overall without even graduating

LeBron won rookie of the year at age 19 and was first overall pick, something MJ will never do

Why couldn't Mychal win one for da land?

>and I don't know what else OKC could do to optimize their roster

Get a shooting guard they can trust to run the ball, make plays, and get buckets.

Therefore get rid of Waiters.

Why do warriors cucks think they will get Durant? There is literally no chance

Ben Simmons is gonna bust so hard
He's no where near bulked up to play in the league and his game is pissy

If bron wins 3 more chips he's the GOAT in my eyes. People can say Jordan would've won 8 in a row but Jordan has not dealt with the fatigue of playing 6 straight finals while having to adapt to a different team and injuries to star players. Jordan always had pippen by his side when it mattered, bron couldn't always rely on wade and irving

Will Okafor be a 20/10 guy for Boston in his second year in the NBA?

It's not 5 years ago, Noah isn't good anymore. He's broken and busted.

Lol I love how they act like Jordan was some Rhodes Scholar too

Prolly was enrolled in communications degree and had a shit gpa, seeing how bad of an executive he is

Meanwhile Lebron is a fucking 31 year old billionaire who owns and has sold multiple successful businesses and still has as much hardware as Jordan at their respective ages

yeah ainge has a reputation for fleecing people which is probably why people don't wanna fuck with him

evan turner or jared sullinger IMO. sully is a big body who can rebound with that massive ass of his and evan turner fits with their long athletic theme they have going

get rid of waiters in favor of who?

>Jaokim and Lebron are the same age

>you'll never get to play soccer with Steve Nash and hang with soccer stars like Landon Donovan and bballers like KD

Feels bad man.

>LeBron can only win with superstars on his team!!11!!
>See how he had to buy all these players like draft pick Kyrie, draft pick Tristan Thompson, acquisition of KLove from traded draft pick
>He had to go out and assemble an all star team of Channing Frye, James Jones, Richard Jefferson, JR Smith, Iman Shumpert!1

bradley beal

I'm crying tbqh lads I hope he does well

youtube.com/watch?v=z4B72F8EaNk

doesn't look like we ll make a move for Okafor Celticbro

Nah we'll make the trade. There's no way we're taking some shit-tier rookie when we have a proven commodity available to trade for instead.

yeah, imo i'd say jordan is the lesser bc of that. he coudlnt even get past the pistons and celtics of the 80s. jordan aint' no goat.

MJ and bron both have the same amount of rings at this age. my guess is bron passes him. bron is going to play longer and isnt a little bitch and wont retired 2 or 3 times like MJ.

anyways fuck mj. he's a shitty person

go bron

Lebron is an otherworldly physical specimen, the fact that he's put his body through 6 straight finals is pretty fucking impressive, his peers (CP3, melo) are all on serious declines

It actually is possible. They'd literally have to waive every FA they have in order to get him. Then you'll essentially have Durant in that starting lineup, plus Bogut, Iggoudala, and Shaun Livingston. They wouldn't be able to afford backups at even an MLE this year. Only minimums after Durant.

Yes. And it just shows how good Jordan was because in only 13 seasons he won 6 rings. Lebron, in 13 seasons, has 3.

you cant compare either of those things. You can't compare an 18 year old lebron to a 22 year old jordan, that's just unfair.

so you want to get rid of enes kanter, replace him with a so-so big, get rid of waiters, and max (or near-max) beal?

lol what about when jordan couldnt even get to the finals inthe 80s

top kokkle. mj fags too funneh

thoughts

You now realize Bosh and Wade wouldn't have rings without LeBron

ive had a headache for 2 days now am i gonna die

Saved

nesn.com/2014/01/michael-jordans-college-transcript-reveals-he-took-beginning-tennis-majored-in-geography-now-up-for-auction/

Apparently geography. No GPA on it.

Go to college?

red is the goat. don't you ever forget it.

He's a casual idiot.

There's 10 guys at least that could be the next Curry, Westbrook, or Harden. (Lowkey superstars that didn't get drafted as highly as they should have been.)

Can we all agree that whatever you think of Jordan v LeBron they're both in their own tier all time and better than anyone else to play the game?

Jordan played in 15 seasons in a span of 19 years

You leaving out his two wizards seasons just shows that he can hold up in reality to Lebron