Kevin Shields Conspiracy

Kevin Shields has previously claimed that BRITPOP was pushed by the British government.

Is it a mere coincidence that an OASIS reunion is imminent, just when it is starting to seem that Britain won't go through with BREXIT despite a referendum in favour of leaving? It is quite clear the government is DISTRACTING the British public with BRITPOP once again.

theguardian.com/music/2013/oct/03/kevin-shields-britpop-pushed-by-government

THOUGHTS, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kUg71Gm9FIo
youtube.com/watch?v=MKC5cdGBY04
bbc.co.uk/music/articles/2868f61d-ea81-46b4-8c19-9fc4974ec359
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Like I said in the last thread, there are no links at all between various members of the Britpop crowd and political elites

how many rich people has he sucked, Sup Forums?

>not going through with brexit
Going back on that decision will duck up the country. Brexit's gonna happen

read the news kid. people have short attention spans, get 250,000 of them at an oasis gig and the elites can do what they want

>this guy got to fuck bilinda
what happened to him in 20 years

>implying he isn't right
The MI5 thing is obviously a joke, but you'd be a fool not to think that the whole Labour/Britpop thing isn't real. Alan McGee has said himself that they were basically played by the PR people for the Labour Party, hence why happened, and why he ended up going to the Labour conference of that year to talk.

youtube.com/watch?v=kUg71Gm9FIo

>Richey Edwards disappears of the face of the earth right at the height of britpop and has never been found
>Rest of the band go britpop
He was obviously killed off by the government for making music too grim.

It's actually not too far off the bat, considering britpop as a genre has basically no overarching identifiers apart from being pop friendly rock songs from Britain, it was coined by the press who just lumped a couple of unrelated popular British acts together without their say and the presentation as being British caters to muh nationalism.
I could totally see it as initially being a shill by brit record companies to endorse local bands to ward attention off of the american grunge scene.

Wtf i hate britpop now fuck the government

>liking britpop in the first place

bitter sweet symphony and common people were good songs tho

That's just Blair's image. Sort of how Obama has met dozens of rappers and actors.

Bitter Sweet Symphony is really just an old string version of a Rolling Stones song with an added beat and vocals. People don't seem to realize it's basically the rock version of a sample heavy rap track.
youtube.com/watch?v=MKC5cdGBY04

it's the other way around you fucking disinfos, Britpop controls the British government. Jarvis Cocker is currently the figurehead.

Britpop did revive the whole "cool Britannia" mentality. People were draping themselves in the union jack during that era. It was basically pop nationalism.

Has anyone seen the 1967 movie Privilege?

>Is it a mere coincidence that an OASIS reunion is imminent,
i know there is the documentary but is there really a reunion? after potatogate i'm not so sure.
you know what there won't be a reunion between? britain and the EU haha suck a DICK globalists

in other vaguely britpop and BRexit related news, there also won't be a reunion between the smiths because johnny is pissy at morrissey for supporting leave

wtf i love kevin even more now

In 1997, Gallagher was criticised for attending a high-profile and well-publicised media party at 10 Downing Street, hosted by the newly appointed Prime Minister, Tony Blair, along with other celebrities and industry figures who had supported New Labour in the run-up to the general election. Both brother Liam and Blur's Damon Albarn declined their invitations, with Albarn commenting "Enjoy the schmooze, comrade."

also apparently noel keeps all the Sup Forums memes i've seen about england and knife ownership well and alive

he rules Britannia with a Pink Glove.

kevin shields is the biggest HACK, getting half a million off creation and coming out with that wanky bunch of noise. a shitstream that is only adored by circlejerking neckbeards who have never developed any taste of their own.

tell you difficult cunts what, bash your headphones up and stick BE HERE NOW on - it is guaranteed to be the best shoegaze album of all time.

THIS IS THE REAL CONSPIRACY.

also fuck blur and in particular their fans

yea go oasis last trve rawk band

Is it a coincidence that Britpop killed the Shoegaze movement?

Where the fuck is the new MBV EP he talked about

>bash your headphones up and stick BE HERE NOW
No thanks I don't want to go deaf today

shoegaze was the psychedelia of the 90s, culturally (and somewhat musically). it had to be stopped before it got big and the public achieved enlightenment. britpop was the perfect antedote and opiate

Didn't My Bloody Valentine tour with Blur? And they were on the same label as a lot of Britpop bands.

Also MBV had Top 40 singles too lmao

>get 250,000 of them at an oasis gig
this is a meme. oasis never played a show that big.

the post you just replied to is also a meme

ok but this whole "oasis played a show to 250,000 and 2 million tried to buy the tickets for it" is complete bullshit

yes, so is the "oasis is being used to distract people from brexit" thing. do you have autism, good sir?

> but this whole "oasis played a show to 250,000 and 2 million tried to buy the tickets for it" is complete bullshit

no its not

>burgers are actually this deluded
They were the biggest band of the 90s, accept it.

>biggest band of the 90s
>only had one mildly popular "hit" song (using that term loosely) outside of England

Are you serious, m8?
Don't Look Back in Anger was almost as big as Wonderwall, Roll with It got major exposure in the Blur vs Oasis deal and Champagne Supernova was basically a cult classic. And that's not even counting the stuff from Definitely Maybe and Be Here Now.

>And that's not even counting the stuff from Definitely Maybe and Be Here Now.
Of which, what exactly crossed over to America?

>american success is somehow mandatory
Are you actually for real, or meming me right now?

Answer the question, because what it looks like to me is that Oasis had some singles be successful off that one album purely off the back of Wonderwall's success.

Of course they had fucking hits from the other albums(Cigarettes & Alcohol, Life Forever, Supersonic, Stand by Me, All Around the World), they had for the rest of their career, although not to the same extent after the 90s.

Your problem however was that you went from outside of England to within America, so how the fuck can I argue for whatever went on over there when that wasn't even the subject of my post. There's more to the world than just the states, burgerfriend.

But if you can't make it in America, you don't really count.

[citation needed]

All of his band and Noel Gallagher when they performed together.

Not at one single sho but at Knebworth they played to 250,000 over two days. I'm surprised more than 2mil didn't apply for tickets to be honest, Oasis at the time were fucking HUGE.

Britpop is a legit good genre and Shoegaze was panned by the British Press because it got fucking boring and bands were trying constantly to rip off MBV. Oasis was also Creations cash cow and MBV actually spent a shitton of money on a great album-but a great album that did not sell well.

LMAO