Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums,

I'm going to be interviewing Piero Scaruffi in a few days time for my radio show. He's going to be picking the music, too.

Anybody have anything they would want to ask him? Keep it music related.

Already going to be asking him about a lot of new music that I want to know what he thinks of (especially all the stuff he's put as "not rated but enjoyed"), so don't need to say those.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=16gT0lnSoew
scaruffi.com/art/comics.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Proof

What proof do you want? It's literally just emails sorting out the exact time.

ask him to recite his award-winning article on the beatles from memory

also link us to your show

That's perfect proof

Ask him for sources everytime he makes a claim about anything.

Here you go. Check out the 2004 MSN-esque ascii art in his email.

Literally tempted to get him to say that just for sound level checking.

Ask him how many times he listens to albums when he reviews them.

Ask him how he does his research because some of the facts in his articles are erroneous.

Ask him how he gets the time to review music when he spends his time travelling the world.

Ask him how people can stand him when apparently he has to have an opinion about everything and by everything I mean everything.

Ask him his Desert Island records.

Ask him what he thinks of the fact that a Vietnamese cotton picking board obsesses over his opinions so much.

Ask him to tripfag on Sup Forums

>research because some of the facts in his articles are erroneous.
Small stuff. Its almost nitpicking.

Ask him what he thinks of death grips and dean blunt

ask him about hiking

even the hiking section of his site manages to be pretentious and it makes me feel like fag for going on day hikes near my house.

I like how he even rates his fucking hikes. I bet this guy has a private diary of all shits he takes rating those aswell.

Ask him about his early life and how it led to him being interested in music reviewing and all the other stuff he does.

He already answer this in another interview
youtube.com/watch?v=16gT0lnSoew

>he even rates his fucking hikes
Jesus Christ, this is hilarious

>Dan Schneider

First 3 already in there, I also want to see what he thinks of some of the criticism against his writing. Granted, most of it is just really angry Beatles fans getting upset at him and totally misunderstanding what he writes, there's a lot of stuff that he says which is just flat out wrong or stupid, so I wanna ask him about that.

I wanna keep it mostly about music, but I'll ask if it comes up.

I'll try to frame it in a different way, and I'll talk about this interview too. The interviewer seemed to have his agenda and tried to shoehorn Scaruffi in to agreeing with him, which he straight up didn't. Hopefully I don't come across like that.

Are you posting it to youtube?

No, I'll post here when it's going to be live (in a few weeks), and I'll post the main interview without the music on the radio station's website.

Ask him if he's ever gotten anybody to actually translate the stuff on his site for the meager fee he apparently pays for it.

judging by the amount of "translated by:" things on his pages, I'd assume the answer is yes

Ask him why there are no fausts or beefhearts in 2016

>Ask him how people can stand him when apparently he has to have an opinion about everything and by everything I mean everything.
>Ask him his Desert Island records.
>Ask him to tripfag on Sup Forums
these are essentials

God, I can't imagine Scaruffi. It would actually be hilarious.

*tripfagging

ask him if he'll ever change TMR's score to a 10

Since he has this whole history of music thing along with evolving themes and genres/sub-genres ask him where he thinks music (mainstream music, I suppose) is going towards next. Or where he'd like it to go.

>ask him a question
>he basically ignores it and goes on a rant
kek he really is Sup Forums's Stallman

Ask him if he'll ever die

he'll be fine

Life 6.5/10

Ask him to do an AMA on Sup Forums

Ok, though I think we all know the answer to that question.

Sure.

I'll ask, though probably reddit, all of you have reddit accounts anyway.

I'm going to sleep now, so hopefully theres more posts when I wake up. I'll post the same thread a day before I interview him too.

>Tago Mago or Future Days

What does he thinks about Robert 'cum guzzler' Cuckgau

Please ask him about Yung Lean and the Sadboys, I believe in you OP! Do it for the boys.

ask him if he likes rei or asuka better

he rates literally everything

>fucking delhi plebs can't even into lhasa

also kek, he fell for the rothenburg meme

Ask him about his famous quote on 12 year olds

>bruges, Belgium
Agreed

okay but Khiva is fucking drop-dead gorgeoous

Ask him if he accepts fan mail. Srs

Yes, ask him to shit on Evangelion.

>tfw never been to any of those place
No wonder I'm depressed

ask him why the fuck he never reviewed my song I sent him when I asked so nicely

eva is in his top comics of all times list

Hey OP, were can we listen to this?

send him my bandcamp

this

Ask him if he's found that italian-speaking assistant that is willing to translate the rest of his reviews

Bump for where we can listen to this I am intrigued

Ok i cant sleep

See Keeping it music only

Was gonna ask this, though not in those words

>on the radio station's website.
what
fucking
radio
station

Radio adelaide, radio.adelaide.edu.au

Ask him if he has any idea about Sup Forums or fantano.

Fucking australians.

>eva is in his top comics of all times list
Not the anime?
He fucked up then. Sure Sadamoto did the character designs and the whole concept of the child piloting the mother inside the mecha idea was his but Evangelion stands out because of Anno, his directing and how much of himself he put into it.
The TV series was important from a historical point of view not the manga which is how Scaruffi usually rates stuff, by how much it innovates or influences the future.
I don't hate the manga or the anime. Scaruffi says some weird things sometiimes eg Attack on Titan is on that list.

does Scaruffi have a best-of anime list? I would love to see that. he's probably have something like Serial Experiments Lain as number 1 lmao

this

Ask him how many times Twin Infinitives had to play before he went "wow this is a 9"

Dubrovnik is Kings Landing lol

Ask him what he thinks of divers and if HOoM would ever go up to a 9

would be:
>1. Angel's Egg
>2. Belladonna or some other obscure old movie
>3. Serial Experiments Lain
>4. Dragon Ball Z
>5. Evangelion

in true Scaruffi fashion

nah dragonball would be his beatles

where is his top comics list
unless scaruffi.com/art/comics.html is it and the stuff listed under history of comics is what you are talking about

venice is a shithole though

literally read the list
>Neon Genesis Evangelion (1995, Yoshiyuki Sadamoto)
>scaruffi is a mangafag
contrarian to the end

where does it say that's his top list
it could just be significant comics

I was literally thinking about this the other day and I was, I kid you not, thinking "Undoubtedly he would have Evangelion, Serial Experiments Lain, and Angel's Egg in his top 10 if not his top 5."

Niagara plebs BTFO

>Simpsons (1989, Matt Groening)

You're right. It is just significant comics. And even then the evangelion manga wasn't significant.
This guy assumed it was his top comics list.
I suppose Go Nagai, Osamu tezuka and Lone wolf and Cub guys would be on there. Along with Toriyama and whoever the original great josei/shoujo mangaka were authoress of sailor moon etc

guys he doesnt even rate places, hes just raccomending places, also anyone have the source for his comic list?

Ask him why he changes his ratings so much.

Ask him why he doesn't like Les Rallizes Denudes.

Ask him why he hasn't listened to 77 Live but pretends that he has.

Ask him why he's listened to so much "rock" music when he claims to prefer classical and jazz

why the fuck is NY so high?

Ask him if he ever considered making music himself

you have obviously never been there

this please

i lived in long island for 20 years. NYC is a meme.

ask him about the "critic is the real artist" quote

I'm going to ask him about other popular music critics etc, also ask him if he knows about how popular and circlejerked he is in places like Sup Forums and RYM and what not.

I'll be asking him a lot about Joanna Newsom

I'll ask him about LRD. It seems that he'd love them, since they're like a 70s mix of TVU and MBV, but it's interesting that he just writes them off as nothing special.

Good question, thanks.

Nothing to ask. He doesn't mean "music critics" by "critic", he means anybody that is viewing/listening to art.

pretty excited for this interview my dude. date/time