Why do I never see Americans posting Baseball threads? I thought that was their biggest sport?

Why do I never see Americans posting Baseball threads? I thought that was their biggest sport?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/sp/search/subject/mlb/
twitter.com/LILBTHEBASEDGOD/status/746191699441922048
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I personally don't partake in the threads mostly because 162 games in a year devalues the specialness of most games.
Postseason activity usually picks up the posting.
Personally, I'll shitpost if my team (the Brewers) are playing the Cardinals because I hate them so much, but other than that, it's boring.

There are game threads every day you stupid Bong

That would be Football

>snpp

Football is the biggest
And there are threads almost everyday

Of course the biggest and best threads were Dodgers threads kcal specifically

those days are never coming back

Why do I never see intelligent posts from britbongs?

We're talking sooooftball

Are there Cubs fans in Britain?

Because this board is dominated by cuckolded high school kids

pretty sure baseball has dropped down to america's 3rd favorite sport, behind football and basketball

The average baseball fan is 45 years old (or 50 if you include the Japanese). The average poster on Sup Forums is probably less than half that age.

Baseball is actually still the 2nd-most popular, it's just less visible in pop culture because people under 40 generally prefer basketball.

>no rangers game today
kill me :(

>tfw I'll never be at a comfy Major League game ever

;_;

probably because you're stupid and dont see all of the gamethreads or /mlb/

Dumbest shit ive ever read

Do some research before just lying you stupid faggot

Uh, use the general next time. Thread closed :).

Baseball is a distant third. Behind nigger hoop shit and nigger boink.

>he doesn't know American sports are containment games

basketball and hockey are about the same level of popularity, it just looks like they're more popular than they are because they play in arenas with less than half as many seats as a baseball stadium.

>thread opened an hour after this thread

nice try ;)

it's okay to find baseball boring, you guys don't have to pretend to like it just because some losers from the vietnam war generation are claiming it would be unamerican

baseball is a very boring pseudo-sport and you guys have every right to dislike it

archive.4plebs.org/sp/search/subject/mlb/

also there are gamethreads every day

you just don't notice because MLB fans aren't as obnoxious as soccer, football or hockey fans in shitting things up when a team loses with LE EBIG WAKE ME UP threads

except reds fans, they're huge shitbirds

Are you me?

Also
>not shitposting against the cubes
There just as bad these days desu

>Zero (0) World Series titles

me on the right

>basketball and hockey are about the same level of popularity

cardsfag detected

I agree. I really only start caring about MLB when its the All-Star break, and that's when I follow the trade deadline/pennant races leading up to the postseason. It sucks for me because I don't live anywhere near an MLB team (closest team is the Colorado Rockies, at 620 miles away).

This

I like basketball, but why do people think basketball is popular as an actual sport?

Since Magic and Bird saved the NBA in the 80's, basketball "fans" have tuned in more to watch individual players than the actual sport.

Look at this graph, and look how basketball peaked in popularity at the height of the Jordan-era. Once he retired in '02, the NBA's popularity nosedived.

Even Lebron, Kobe, Curry, etc couldn't bring the NBA back up to that peak.

If the Bucks and Utah Jazz made the NBA Finals, ratings would probably be NHL Stanley Cup Finals level.

Basketball "fans" just want to watch marketable stars dunk and chuck.

The 2016 finals have the highest ratings since the Jordan era

>If the Bucks and Utah Jazz made the NBA Finals

They would have stars which would keep the ratings high. NBA is a star based league, people root for stars more than teams in the playoffs. It was more "LeBron getting a ring for Cleveland" than "Cleveland getting a ring finally"

go mest!

>The 2016 finals have the highest ratings since the Jordan era

And you needed a perfect confluence of events to generate that 30.8 million ratings number for game: The two biggest stars in the league playing each other, a miracle comeback that culminated in a Game 7 in which Cleveland broke the curse.

Before that Game 7, the NBA Finals ratings were actually lagging behind last year.

Check out how ratings declined following Jordan's retirement.

I also have to disagree that if the Bucks and Jazz made the Finals, ratings would still be high. Remember when the Spurs faced the Pistons? Record low ratings, and the Spurs were star filled (they just didn't have marketable stars).

Even when the Spurs faced Cleveland with Lebron, the ratings were still bad.

Because boreball is fucking awful and only rednecks that were forced to watch it as kids like it

>muh american pastime

>handegg

Fuck off chad

Go back to Mexico, Paco.

Basketball is my favorite sport

I love the way they dribble up and down the court

>teams with a loaing record can make the playoffs

Why is this allowed?

Every NBA star is marketable with social media and the like now. If the Bucks and Jazz got a star with more than 1% of personality (Duncan), people would give a shit and tune in.

And why bring up last year? That actually helps my point more, the two biggest stars in the league helped draw more viewers than ever in not so desirable markets. Now since Lebron won one for the land, they can easily push a story about how poor Durant never got a ring and people will root for him like hell where ever he winds up

'no'

>favorite sports of americans
>only has male versions of sports
>inb4 triggered

Not until he apologizes to Lil B and plays him 1v1

twitter.com/LILBTHEBASEDGOD/status/746191699441922048

>And why bring up last year?

Because I think it proves that people didn't really care about the series overall and only cared about whether or not Lebron would "win one for the Land."

The Finals was averaging about 18 million viewers per game and then nearly doubled that viewership for game 7.

Are people really going to care if the series doesn't have an attached fairytale storyline with the two biggest stars (not just stars, but the faces of the NBA) playing?

This.
Also basketball is enforced so much harder by the media than baseball and hockey that it makes it seem more popular

people don't make shitpost threads about baseball because 162 games means that the regular season isn't worthy of shitposting about. If someone blew a game in the playoffs there'd be WAKE ME UPs and JUSTs all over the place.

They're asleep when you're here. Learn to time zone. When it's 4-6am here, all I ever see is baseball threads.

I think it was more the fact that we already saw the same matchup the year before, and everyone thought GS would just win easily again so they didn't bother tuning in until late in the series when people realized "oh shit the Cavs might actually win this". also every game besides Game 7 was a blowout by the 4th quarter.