You should be able to solve this

You should be able to solve this.

ez

Are we talking turn based combat?
Everyone gets one shot in that order, then they start again?

Without any calcuation I would say White should first try to kill Black.
Anyway I see a really low chance of survival.

Someone solve please

Given the insufficient information you have provided, the answer is probably to not draw his weapon. That way, Mr. Gray will fire at Mr. Black, knowing that he is due to fire next and will definitely hit.

If Black survives, then he will hopefully fire back at Grey. That will leave White as the only one left to fire, and since the standoff will definitely end in 2 deaths, he now essentially has a 100% chance to hit because of that rule.

white should miss on purpose

Is this middleschool?

Correct if he shot first and hit anyone it would make is situation worse.

white has a 25% chance to hit target.
if target is air, then he has a 75% change to hit grey or black.

>Mr. White shoots Mr. Gray first
>Incapacitates Mr. Gray
>Mr. Gray is bleeding out from the shoulder on the ground, but still alive
>Mr. White begins running as quickly as he can around both Mr. Gray and Mr. Black
>Mr. Black will eliminate his easiest target, the one who is still
>Takes his time shooting Mr. Gray and finishes him
>Mr. White now slows down with the advantage of time he has over Mr. Black
>Shoots Mr. Black

This is correct. Think of it like a turn-order.

White delays his turn. That means that Gray MUST shoot at Black, because if Gray shoots at White and hits, then Black can only shoot Gray and will definitely hit. This results in Gray having a 75% chance to eliminate Black.

If he hits, white wins, if he misses, white still has a 50% chance of survival assuming the Black selects his target randomly.

Mr. White just needs to wait for the cops to send Mr. Black to prison and since Mr. Gray has a little black in him he'll be sent to county jail and this isn't a run on sentence at all because it's really concise and why are you still reading as you should really give me the next problem to solve.

of course not, families create less children and therefore less women.
White should shoot himself in the arm.

lol

touché

nah it didnt because when parents have a son first they can never have a girl to balance it out

u will c from the following maths that i am correct

if boy 50% chance = 100% boy

if girl 50% chance = 25% boy

this is because after the first girl there can either be a boy making the ratio of boys 50%, or another girl but thats only 25% chance of total

so like

50% chance that 100% boys

25% chance that 50% boys

12.5% chance that 25% boys

and such there will be 66.6% guys and 33.3% girls

You're flipping a coin. If it lands heads, stop flipping, if it lands tails, flip again.

Are you more likely to get a greater number of heads, or tails?

Not sure how to work this one out. I could write a program quickly to flip a coin 10,000 times and check the results, but I'm going to bed soon so I can't be bothered.

so wrong buddy

stay in the box bitch

White should shoot himself in the foot, making himself a useless target. The game ends if Gray hits Black or Black hits Gray, and White survives regardless.

splain

Retard

Assuming that families produce children until a boy, the numbers will stay the same.

First round (no one has any kids) - Half will be boys, half will be girls. It's 50/50 now. The families with boys stop having kids. the other ones continue.

Round 2 - 50% will be boys, 50% will be girls. Hmm, the split is still 50/50. The boy families stop, the girl families continue.

Round 3 - 50% boys, 50% girls. I'm starting to see a pattern here.

Each round will produce the same number of boys and girls. The next round will have only half the participants of the previous round, and the ratio will remain.

>Expecting Black to play by the rules.

Ya see, that's the problem.

But this isn't as simple as flipping a coin.

Assume we 50 males (M0) and 50 females (F0).

They couple off and copulate.

Let's assume the result is 10 males (M1) and 15 females (F1).

For simplicity, we then assume that the 15 original couples then have males.

So to recap, before it gets convoluted, we have: 50 M0
50 F0
25 M1
15 F0

We can now say that M0 and F0 can copulate with a DIFFERENT person to create a new couple. This continues until no novel couples in these two categories can copulate.

We can also say that M1 can keep copulating with F1 until no new novel couples can be made.

We can also say that M0 can copulate with F1 (provided that that it's not with their children). This also applies to F0 and and M1.

As you can see this problem gets out of hand really fast. Of course you can set restrictions to make it simpler.

This one's impossible unless we accept that electricity doesn't have to originate from the source and that the houses can connect to one another for power.

Nope. Bonus points to for thinking outside the box, nobody said the box was a constraint. That solution is simpler than yours

I did it

you are a genius

That's your average geometric distribution:
(1-p)^(n-1) * p, where p=0,5 the probability of a boy
The expected value of the geom. dist. is 1/p => 1/0.5=2
This means the waiting time till you get a boy is 2, or every second child is a boy.
So you end with a 50-50 ratio.

fugg

This Stop trolling

CROSS NO LINES. THE BOX IS LINES.

That a really mean one.
I recently had that in combinatorics, so I can confirm this

Correct

>Three ones two twos one one

dialing

Well, the only explanation I see is that they had a law of one child before and people have been killing newborn daughters. Just like in China.

If you say each line out loud that is how you find the next line.
one
one one
two one
etc

Sorry, just a faggot and forgot the ">>"

nope faggot retard

x = 26.87 units

19. EZ.

this

I actually figured this

I'm sure 19 looks like the halfway point... Which means the full length would be 38. Meaning it'd be 53.7

Wrong learn to math.

A^2+B^2=C^2

Autism

Lmao what. The line means each line is congruent

According to the line, all 3 of the lines are congruent. That means it is 19

"Use three lines [...] without crossing the lines"

That fucking definite article there serves a purpose, you dumb shit. If it was "without crossing lines" then you could argue that the box lines couldn't be crossed, but when you say "without crossing THE lines" it's reffering only to the three lines mentioned before.

I feel like a retard not getting it. Someone explain

50% the previous tosses are already defined so the don't count for the odds

Not crossing any line, just crossing the whole company

0.5, since the first 4 results are guaranteed.

50%

What this faggot said.

so it would be: 26.87

mathematically not possible

The fuck are you talking about, there is a right angle, therefore the opposite side is the hypotenuse and pythagoras gives 26,8

In the first row there is:
Second row:
There is one 1 = 11
Third row:
There is now two ones = 21

etc

You have to speak it out loud:
You start with a 1.
So you have one 1 =>11
Now you have two 1 =>21
Now you have one 2 and one 1 =>1211
Now you have one 1 and one 2 and two 1 => 111221

winrar

That is what you would think with your soft human brain but the answer is 19.

>look mom im trying to troll

Try and solve it without looking up the answer.

nobody said it was enclidean geometry though. You can have both right angles and three equal sides e.g. if you draw this in a circle's surface.

This is the most sensible assumption, or else the notation is wrong and the puzzle is pointless

Pretty sure a triangle with 3 equal sides has three angles of 60°. That's not what the drawing looks like.
If I missed something, enlighten me.

* Sphere, I meant sphere. Apparently your brain condition is contagious

He should try to shoot himself in the foot. If he succeeds, he is one of the two shot, and grey will have to shoot black to try to save himself, otherwise black will have to shoot him to make a 2nd victim.

Do you see "drawn to scale" written on that whiteboard?

user quit arguing with retards

answer is 2
number of circles/ovals in the cipher
8 = 2
6 = 1
9 = 1
0 = 1

I like this solution. Gas plant also needs some water, doesn't it?