Britbong here

Britbong here

If someone did this in the USA and you were carrying, are you legally allowed to shoot him down?

If so will there be any consequences if you did?

bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audio/headlines/36481671

Other urls found in this thread:

67.media.tumblr.com/ae7df9e0346c490cb7e91afba4bc9e2e/tumblr_o8gq9s94H31sf2b76o1_400.gif
fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_8_murder_victims_by_weapon_2009-2013.xls
personaldefenseworld.com/2015/03/10-cases-where-an-armed-citizen-took-down-an-active-shooter/#10-cases-where-an-armed-citizen-took-down-an-active-shooter-2
youtube.com/watch?v=0rR9IaXH1M0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Look who it is again, ID Heaven. I'm fed up with your shit faggot. The other day when you called me a newfag, yeah, haven't forgotten about that yet.
Fuck you I've been on here for months and probably get on here more than you anyways.
Don't you know that you make yourself look like a newfag when you call others newfag?
Just because you learned how to hack your name and change it to "Heaven" does not give you the right to disrespect anyone at any time.

Yes, you can gun him down. In most states this would be an open close case, and you most likely wouldn't even see the inside of a court room.

67.media.tumblr.com/ae7df9e0346c490cb7e91afba4bc9e2e/tumblr_o8gq9s94H31sf2b76o1_400.gif

so some states you would have to go to court?

Yes you are allowed to shoot him dead in America. Nigger threatened his life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.

Yes. You have a "Duty to retreat" in some States.

so if you had a gun and didn't use it, that's more of an issue

I buy weed at that station. Nice place

Def. But man the legal battle that would ensue would leave you bankrupt. Half the US would shun you the other half would praise you. Not worth it imo

i'm not baiting i'm genuinely intrigued

Absolutely. If he was coming at you with a knife you could unload on him. The only way a person would get in trouble is if you shot him excessive times with a large caliber and even then if you show that you feared for your life they almost give you a medal.

Answer: If you're white, you can with no consequences.

If you're any other race, you're fucked.

Shoot him til he stops moving, like they teach you in the CCW class - "Shoot to stop the threat", then talk to the police and receive your medal and key to the city

Not sure what you mean.

A Duty to Retreat would mean even if you were being advanced on by this guy you would have to try to get away instead of shooting him.

Some States you could shoot him if you felt your life was in danger. But - if you fired a warning shot that means that your life wasn't in that much danger and you could be charged.

Lots of different gun laws here. Depends where you are at the moment.

Private citizen carrying = shot, no reprpcussions

Police officer = shot, treyvon.exe activate

does this kinda thing happen often in the states?

I'm just curious as to whether anyone would actually try and be a hero and use your gun. My first thought is just to run

You would be questioned by the police, but almost definitely would not have to go to jail.

You'd be questioned only because of the discharge of a firearm. Even in the most restrictive states in terms of gun laws, you have every right to protect yourself.

Excessive is essentially when the dude is already obviously dead and you take the time to switch to a fresh magazine and proceed to unload all of it directly into the corpse. But 10 or 12 shots to the torso to stop the threat? Absolutely not excessive.

>not sarcasm (just in case)

>If someone did this in the USA and you were carrying, are you legally allowed to shoot him down?
Yes
>If so will there be any consequences if you did?
If you didn't have a CCW license and the state you were in required one you would get a slap on the wrist.

Basically that guy was making you feel like your life or health was "reasonably threatened". That means you have the right to use lethal force.

Also, at least in my state, a strike to the head, neck, or groin is automatically considered lethal force and you can respond in kind.

Europe must really suck to live in haha. Pic related my .357

>A man who attacked passengers with a knife

Yep. Killing him would be called self defense. How do you not have the right to defend yourself from a deadly attacker? It bottles the mind.

so if no one was filming, it's basically your word

Its a fine line. In most US states/jurisdictions I don't think you are likely to be prosecuted. The reality is he is causing great bodily harm, which is the standard most states use to authorize deadly force. If I had to, I'd shoot him dead, but I'd much prefer a disabling shot if it was achievable. The reality for me is the lives of the people he is hurting mean more than his, strictly because he is infringing the rights & safety of others.

I was always taught to shoot to kill, a friend of mine shot somone holding up a 7 11 5 years back right through his spine and was sued for damages, he would have been scot free if hed just have killed the guy.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 son.

we do, but not even our standard police carry guns.

No. In fact it happens almost never, but gun nuts try to convince us that it happens on a daily basis.

people get stabbed daily in the states

>bottles the mind.

Being that dumb

Texan here. I would have pulled out my gun and pointed it at him, yelled at him to drop the knife or i'll shoot, then wait for him to come at me so he can eat lead.

and you would be in that frame of mind to make those decisions? fuck that man, surely you would panic

In a way. There were other witnesses around.

Yes, stopping a felonious assault is a justified shooting.

I am in AZ the rules are if you are 21 you can Concealed carry and always open carry. He would be dead in a second in AZ. my carry is a hip holstered Colt SAA 45 and I have a Beretta Nano 9MM hollowpoints in my ankle holster. I am prepared.. if everyone was there would be a lot less niggers trying to kill people.

Duty to retreat wouldn't apply here because your retreat wouldn't prevent him from continuing to hurt people. I'd just shoot him until he fell down not moving or stopped stabbing.

A criminal is stopped by a citizen or cop with a firearm hundreds of times more often than the criminal murdering someone successfully. FBI crime statistics show roughly 2 to 2.5 million crimes are prevented annually in the US by the so called "good guy with a gun".

US murder rate hit a peak in 1993, and has been falling notably every year since. We are currently living in the absolute safest America there has ever been as far as homicide by firearm is concerned.

fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_8_murder_victims_by_weapon_2009-2013.xls

as we can see here, for the years 2009-2013 there were roughly 4 people a day (at a low estimate) who were killed with knives

>but I'd much prefer a disabling shot if it was achievable
If the guy lives, he would likely try to sue you. It's better to shoot to kill.

It's a weird one, if something like this happened in the states he has more chance of having a gun, therefore arming the populous makes sense to defend yourself.

These kind of attacks in England are always knives, he was tasered and bought into custody

I live in the communist state of Illinois. Consider yourself lucky our laws are comparable to calis.

Forgot to mention, gun ownership is more than three times the rate it was in 1993. There are around 300 million firearms owned by private citizens in the US, and the lowest murder rate we've ever had.

but... guns are bad and more guns means more death.... (only according to people that can completely ignore reality)

thats not what the freedom taking Liberal media wants you to think

Amen Sup Forumsrother

Is this endorsed by the law enforcement? Or would they rather you not get involved?

Second that.

Move to AZ the weather is great and the crime rate is super low.

No we dont

Citizens I mean

Yeah, that's what I was taught as well. Samefag as post you replied to. Just forgot to mention that part

Englands crime rate is actually decent, murders are not that common in the grand scheme of things.

In school? or parents

You're talking more Stand your Ground law.

>Not to be confused with Castle Doctrine.

I am from Australia - i never think about anyone pullin a gun on me because no one really has them.

life is good

fuck letting randoms have guns

You might run away, but that crazy chimp is going to stab someone's grandmother in the face. Why not just end his attack if it is possible?

going to Tennessee and hiding in the mountains. TN gives 0 fucks.

I heard AZ has loads of mexicans anyway.

once you are overrun with islamic fucktards that will change

It definitely depends on the situation. Active shooter situations (or in this case active madman with a knife willing to murder indiscriminately) police generally hail private citizens that respond as having done the community a great favor. One on one situations or situations where there is no immediate danger (madman in an empty parking lot, madman outside your locked door kicking and screaming, etc) there is a definite push to involve law enforcement rather than resort to shooting the person. In most cases law enforcement can incapacitate without killing (MOST cases) and that's generally their goal.

This is kinda what I'm getting at, England you don't need guns because no one has them.

Yeah, I'd drop him on the spot and then stow my weapon while waiting for police.

Provided there were cameras... you don't shoot a black man in America without lots of witnesses.

You boys just murder your coral reefs instead of each other.

why are they spinning it like he's not a muslim terrorist and just some nut case?

Hate to break it to you I like just outside Nashville. Mexicans everywhere, I've also lived in Gatlinburg tn that's a nice place almost no niggers and no wet backs

That makes sense, it must backfire sometimes surely. Someone running in thinking their some kind of hero and getting shot down or injured.

I mean it's a whole other level of bravery, bravery which you guys just seem to possess. Like I said, even if I had a gun, I would be out that fucking station in a flash.

>a black man
think the word you were looking for there was nigger

yeah, with very few exceptions (looking at you, NY and CA, where this is most likely to actually happen), you'd be fine. you would be interviewed, and investigation would take place, but no sane D.A. in any sane jurisdiction would ever press charges.

knife crime in australia is many times higher than in the us. violent assault is much higher than in the us. overall murder rate is barely any different. the 1.0 vs 3.6 you'll see drug out and paraded around is disconnected from reality and includes suicide (which is a totally different large scale problem in the us). Truth is you are essentially less likely to be murdered in the us (if you aren't in a gang that sells drugs for a living) than just about anywhere in the world.

you guys both kill each other AND your environment

USA 'world leader' not taking action on climate change/global warming - your country is such a dog eat dog country

Attackers in the states are also much more likely to have a gun, which is obviously different than a mad guy with a knife.

Like the fifth time ive seen you type this shit.
stop already you stupid fag.

Didn't Australia ban guns a while back? and it was a positive move in terms of homocides

Some states have a triple warning system where you warn the attacker three times that you are armed and prepared to fire if they come any closer.

After that if they come at you, you are within your right to stop the threat.

Yes I live in Texas so if everything was caught on tape I'm going home to sleep like a baby after killing that nigger.

Certainly mistakes happen. The whole trayvon martin incident a few years back was an example of someone choosing to stand and fight in a situation that wasn't what it appeared to be and where everyone would have been much better off if he'd just kept walking (zimmerman I mean).

There are however a number of known incidents where an intended mass homicide was stopped by a private citizen:

personaldefenseworld.com/2015/03/10-cases-where-an-armed-citizen-took-down-an-active-shooter/#10-cases-where-an-armed-citizen-took-down-an-active-shooter-2

If there were no witnesses, it's pretty pointless using those kind of warnings. Whos to say you did or didn't warn the guy

I head the same about chattanooga outskirts, which is where I'm headed. I'll be poking around the cities before I move though, picked TN for its 0% income tax and great laws. I've only visited a few times but like it.

Plus waffle houses and mountains.

>your country is such a dog eat dog country.

The unofficial slogan here is "Fuck you I got mine"

>personaldefenseworld.com/2015/03/10-cases-where-an-armed-citizen-took-down-an-active-shooter/#10-cases-where-an-armed-citizen-took-down-an-active-shooter-2

Would you have done this in a similar situation?

"He had a history of psychotic delusions". No shit. He is religious...

According to FBI crime statistics, this is not true. According to the media, and the facts are debatable crowd, this is true.

That makes no sense, if it's legal to carry. Guns will be more widely used no?

Armed robberies etc.... you literally don't hear about that kind of stuff here

There has actually been no noteworthy decrease in homicide by firearm after the 1998 ban in Australia - and a number of years where it actually increased.

They knee jerk reacted to their first and only mass shooting and claim that because something that only ever happened once hasn't happened a second time in the 18 years that followed that they must have been right.

There is still homicide by firearms nearly 20 years later and criminals still regularly use them in robberies, home invasions (which is massively more common in Australia by the way - wonder why?), etc - going to show that the ban essentially only affected law abiding citizens in the first place. The claims ignore huge cultural differences, population differences, etc. There was nothing to suggest that even with private firearms ownership left unchanged that Australia would have ever had another mass shooting again. And there's no data now to say that it's impossible and will never happen just because of the ban. It could happen tomorrow or never again, no one can predict madness.

not saying guns are not used here, but we have armed police which get called out. And it's pretty big news if it does happen

Anyone who could have heard it, witnesses come out of their caves when the gunshots stop and the police arrive. The commotion and gunshots are loud. It's added protection to claim that you called it out even if no one else heard it because you are not always supposed to shoot to kill.

If you live in the states, go out and take a concealed carry course, even if you don't have a gun it's handy knowledge of gun laws in your region.

>I'd much prefer a disabling shot if it was achievable.
only a complete novice thinks these are a good idea. Shoot to kill, always.

so basically ( and pro gun users bring up ) it hasn't decreased the number of attacks, you have just disarmed the victim making shit worse.

>If someone did this in the USA and you were carrying, are you legally allowed to shoot him down?

Yes!

If so will there be any consequences if you did?

Under Tennessee state law, and perhaps federal law, I would be justified in shooting the suspect.

>pic related: my EDC

Right wing statistics do no match the real life statistics.

Personally, I'm an avid shooting sports fan and am proficient and comfortable with a number of types of shooting platforms.

That said, I don't think I would knowingly endanger my own life to stop a threat to the general public. I think my own instinct for self preservation would override any fearless hero mentality.

In the right place, right time scenario where I happen to be armed and the assailant happens to not be aware of me then yes, without a second thought I would draw and fire on the threat. The right situation would have to be one where I also knew I wasn't going to shoot someone on the other side of the attacker if I missed. Not something I'd ever want to have to decide in the split seconds people generally have in these cases.

youtube.com/watch?v=0rR9IaXH1M0

if citizens and criminals both have access to guns then the even playing field reduces crime

shill your anti-white SJW shit elsewhere shitskin.

yeah would be good to know, I do just find it fascinating. I'm not one of those anti gun idiots, nor am I pro I'm just really curious as to how things can differ so widely from one country to another.

I couldn't ever imagine gun laws in the UK, If I ever saw a gun, would make make me uncomfortable.

Yeah but as a result you have the knock out game.

Countries with guns don't act like the faggots you cunts do.

Except comparing the seven years after the ban to the seven years before it, firearm related suicides went down by 57% and homicides by 47%. Mass shootings are eradicated, That seems pretty successful to me.

its not shit. Blacks are fine but Street Niggers commit crimes and the law enforcement community knows this

Nigger detected

cringiest thing I've seen today

in many states, there is an "equivalent force" clause in self-defense law, meaning that you can't shoot a guy that isn't armed with a deadly weapon, and in some places, you can't shoot a guy who doesn't have a gun. Sometimes these laws simply state you have to warn the guy, make a show of the gun and tell him to fuck off before you can shoot him.

Other places, you can get away with shooting a guy you just think is about to assault you (Zimmerman much)

Truth is, after the guy slashed someone's throat, no judge would even allow the man who shot this psycho to face charges. He'd be hailed as a fucking hero most places. In places like NYC or Chicago, he might get a slap on the wrist for illegally carrying/firing in public in city limits.

tl:dr fuck no there are no consequences for shooting an armed person attacking people

I have wallet keys knife cell phone and handgun in a shoulder holster when I go out as well