What does Sup Forums think about living in a van...

What does Sup Forums think about living in a van? I've been wanting to travel from NY to Maine to start a new life up there. I fucked up in NY and burned literally every bridge I've had except my mom. I was thinking about buying a van and selling my car, put a mattress in there along with a few other necessities and going up there. Once I'm up there I would find a job and work until I'm able to get into an apartment or house, but until then I would be living in my van. Thoughts on vanliving?

Shower with dexcool

Brush with seafoam

I've always thought that would be cool, but where would you shower? Where would you shit?

Some baseball player did that. Lived in a van. Honestly it sounds kind of cool to me, but I'd be worried about finding a spot you could stay in for more than a few days at a time without the owners of the lot bitching, or getting robbed.

OP could get a gym membership with a 24 hour gym. Place to shower/shit/pick up heavy things and put them back down.

i lived in a minivan for 6 months in 1988. i put a futon in the back along with a 54 quart cooler as a fridge. had a coleman white gas stove. slept in rest areas, wal-mart parking lots, and sometimes residential streets. couldnt have done it broke, but as long as i could buy food and cook it i was good.
AMA

This is actually genius.

You should probably kill yourself, but if you insist on not doing that, go search the Sup Forums /o/ archives for posts by Vandweller. He had a pretty rad van he rigged up himself to live out of for months at a time and had a lot of good tips for living out of your vehicle and not being "homeless".

Where did you get the power for the fridge? I was always curious about that

Are you Ted Cruz. And why are you the zodiac killer.

>54 quart cooler

>fridge

u wat m8

Did your minivan ever break down?

As long as it's not down by the river

dis user older than my 45yroldass

I've had homies that bought a van to live in, but that was just to travel. If you are just trying to move, just look online for jobs. Skype interviews are a thing now, and employers will hire people without actually meeting them in person.

kek

broke down once in new mexico, but didnt cost much to fix. was pretty new at the time
dis user be 58

The humidity gets high

Here's a curveball - how about a liveaboard sailboat?

not ted cruze, ted bundy, or the zodiac killer that i'm aware of. doesn't say any of those things on my driver's license.
i was moving cross country and decided to take 6 months to do it.

god damn 58. How did you discover Sup Forums?

saw it mentioned in a news article 4 or 5 years ago i think. i thot, hey there's a good place to kill downtime!

newfag

Are you retired? Do you ever wish you could leave?

oh, i am highly offended candy-ass

It's not too bad, I missed being able to have a shower whenever I wanted.

retired? no way. will prob have to work until i drop.

No money saved up or out of boredom?

not op but old
boredom kills

def money-related. as long as i have a dick i doubt i'd get bored enough to have to find a job!