>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22

Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb

Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed)

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eP_MG3kaogU
youtube.com/watch?v=3jUyuQvn_v8
youtube.com/watch?v=KnaB8AGR5to
tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/r/radiohead/my_iron_lung_ver5_tab.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=bYfwXAvi7uI
youtube.com/watch?v=gK8rZHKwizQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Absolute beginner here
To pratice my picking i am playing some bass lines, is this a good way to pratice? If so for how much time should i continue doing these?
Thanks in advance

> $500 for a Gibson "Les Paul"
I'll admit, I kind of like it. Has anyone touched one of these yet?

Offset SG, yay or nay

that shape looks normal how do you mean?

Get a teacher.
Disgusting. If Gibson QC is already shit for their standards, I can't imagine how bad it is for everything underneath.
Offset is jarring, at least to me. The SG is meant to be symmetrical.

I suck so bad at improve it's not even funny. I try to think on intervals, but I completely freeze when the backing track comes on and my fingers lose all kind of dexterity. How do I fix this "fingers turn into spaghetti when backing track comes on" syndrome? [spoiler] inb4 git gud faggit [/spoiler]

On purely aesthetic grounds I'm against it, but I'd still try it out. I heard offsets are better to be played sitting than traditional, and I play sitting almost exclusively.

practice

>someone finally shopped Gee Bill for two pickles
THANK YOU

Looks like an old Epiphone LP-100 that they used to sell for $150 as a starter kit. Maybe they still do? It was my first guitar about 17 years ago. That guitar looks precisely like my $150 epiphone, more closer to $100 because it also came with an utterly horrible amp, strap, etc.. The only difference between my garbage epiphone and that $500 'Gibson' is the disgusting looking pickguard they added on. I can all but guarantee that guitar is a bonefied piece of shit, and I am a Gibson Les Paul owner who is well aware of Gibson's continually growing Quality Control problems.

you mean improv? Like Improvisation? If you aren't aware of what key and timing the back-track is on the only way you'll sound good is years and years of understanding what sounds good via your ear. A simple brush up on standard music theory should open up your brain and therefore your hands to all sort of improvisation, if you have the mind for it. I have to admit, I spend over 50% of my practice time on improvisation instead of regimented drills.

That's the thing, I know a fair bit of music theory. I know which key and "timing"(need to work on my rhythm) the backing track is on. My problem is that my phrasing is complete ass, I know which note I need to focus on, a bit of tension and release. But for some reason, once the backing track is on, I have absolutely ZERO phrasing capabilities.

play other people's solos and focus on timing. most great guitar players have phenomenal phrasing. it's a huge part of good playing

Yeah, I need to do that as part of ear training. Thanks user, any guitarist with amazing phrasing that you could recommend? I pray that some day I may have Guthrie Govan's phrasing.

can you do one for me and my three Boss RV-3s

i find a lot of jazz guitarists have really good phrasing, wes montgomery comes to mind. miles davis as well obviously.

in terms of rock guitar, hendrix

I actually love miles davis and wes montgomery, but I have been so scared to step into jazz. Should I man up and just go for it?

Hey guys, maybe you can help solve my tone woes. So I have a Tiny Terror combo and an Epiphone Les Paul. (I also have some pedals, but don't worry about that for now).

When using the amp distortion, my tone is kind of mushy. My chords sound kind of thin, and they're lacking clarity. I don't think this is the amp itself. (although keep in mind, I've only been playing at low volume and haven't heard it at medium or high volume). Even with just a little bit of gain, the clarity of my chords just disappears. I don't know if I should blame the amp itself, low volume, or possibly the pickups in my guitar (stock Epiphone Les Paul pickups), but my understanding is I should be getting a better sound than this.

Reposting from last thread. I asked about what is basically a 6 string bass tuned to EADGBE. Do they make an acoustic version of this? I see all the "meme mahchines" and I want something like that but there's just so many I don't know what to get, which is why I said EADGBE, because I could take what I already know and easily transfer over. I also would like another electric guitar, the ones I have now are shit but again, I have no idea what I'm looking for. Same thing with bass, I want a bass instrument but don't know which.

turn the volume up

This looks pretty cool, I don't like the extra strings though.

I think those are sympathetic strings, they're not meant to be played

do you think that's the only problem? I'm currently in an environment where I can't play loud

There are no teachers in my area

>Tiny Terror combo
Not familiar with it, but there's probably a limit to how great of a tone you can get on a small 1x12 combo

Anyhow, are you running an OD pedal? Try relatively low gain on the amp and a TS9 in front. It's a popular combination for a reason, it puts bite and clarity into otherwise flubby tone

It could be. I'm not too sure. I hear those things have shit speakers, it could also just be the amp's distortion. Do you have a distortion pedal?

why is shredding so popular on youtube?

is this why rock isn't cool anymore?

What does /gg/ think of the 5150?

I do have a TS9, and of course, it improves the tone. But I feel like it shouldn't sound as bad as it does without pedals. The amp is known for its dirty sound, not its clean sound, so I imagine it should sound good without pedals.

pretty iconic tone heavy tone, but absolutely shit cleans
Really only good if that's the sound you're after

I'm riffing on my 6505+ right now, love that amp

>it improves the tone
Then what's the problem? Why do you care about how the amp sounds on its own when you have a solution? The vast majority of metal dudes don't use solely the amp gain, there's almost always an OD in front

Man, Gibson's really hitting it out of the park this year.

I think i have a grounding problem, i get a buzz unless im touching a metal part of my guitar (even stuff like the tremolo bar and jack out). All single coil pickups.

Would that be it?

I'm not going for a metal sound, more of a classic rock/hard rock. Think classic Marshall (but not exactly, of course). And if I constantly need the OD, then I can't use it to boost or transform my tone at certain points.

is there a similarly heavy amp with decent cleans?

I think the cleans are not as bad as people make them out to be, they're bland, but not that horrible.

Not 744. But I don't think a teacher is really needed. Just pick some simple bass tabs of your favorite songs and practice them. Then go a level up in difficulty when you think you're ready.

I hear really good things about the Revv Generator series, but they're a lot more expensive.

Also this If you're playing distorted riffs 90% of the time in a live setting, the cleans definitely work fine when you need them. But if I'm playing jazz or tracking or something, I switch to a different amp for a more suitable tone

That the rondo one? I prefer the traditional shape, but it doesnt look bad. It looks a million times better than the esp one. I will say my official sg wasnt comfortable

What happened to the guy who would post pictures of snapped Gibson headstocks anytime they were mentioned? Been gone a long time.

I know it's a minor thing, but the font on the Generators is ugly.

What's the best jazzmaster under 800$ famalam?

I have this issue too, no idea why
I tried ground lifting but it didnt help

If you're thinking of buying a cheap Jazzmaster go with a Squier JM or the J Mascis one, or get a used Classic Player.

The mexican ones with humbuckers can suck my fucking dick.

But honestly for a few bucks more you could get a good used Japanese or a new Classic Lacquer you jew.

Sounds like the grounding on your output jack is shoddy. I'd suggest replacing it (after confirming that's actually the problem of course).

Any thoughts on the Mark IV? Thinking of buying one.

Acoustic bass guitar a shit. Youre pretty limited on bass vi style basses as it is, they never caught on, but fender did a reissue and i think a couple other companies have a variant. Youll either have to get a bass vi, 8 string guitar and tune it down a step, or try to find a short scale 6 string bass and tune it EADGBE.

If your goal is to just learn bass and make an easy transition itll be easier long run just to get a bass. Get a 5 string, tuned BEADG, theyre just more versatile, and you dont need to use those extra 4 notes. Very little about guitar transitions to bass, aside from notes on the fretboard.

Bass has a completely different role, you dont need to play chords or run all over the fret board to fill that roll. Some bassists pull that off well, but they didnt start off that way. I say get a 5 string because eventually you may want one, its easier to go from 5 strings to 4 than vice versa if you decide you dont.

>or try to find a short scale 6 string bass and tune it EADGBE.
I think you'd be better off modifying a 4 string to fit two more strings on it instead, the string spacing on a 6 string won't allow for big chords

everyone in /gg/ is always new + poor. read through this thread if you don't believe me

I think that design is cool as fuck, but ruined by being bolt-on, the shit woods they used, and the tacky hardware. That body shape in all mahogany with a set neck and Ni-plated hardware would be awesome.

> bolt-on
But user, it's a set-neck.

>The SG is meant to be symmetrical.
sg is not symmetrical you dumb blind shit

it isnt, but its meant to be

>sg is not symmetrical
and you've managed to make sgs look even more like shit to me
good job

>never realized the sg was asymmetrical
put your retarded name back on you dumb fuck

How hard is it to mod a humbuckler into a strat?

Would I be better off with a Classic Vibe Squire or MIM Fender?

Does anyone know how to get the shoegaze / My bloody valentine guitar tone? Talking more about the rhythm guitar strummed stuff not the lead with a thousand effects kind of thing

Is there a certain pedal for it?

have a focusrite solo gen 2, can't set the playback to mono without getting a bunch of static, can only run it to 2 channels instead of 1.

I go playback>focusrite USB>Properties>Advanced>Default Format>Set either to 1 channel 24 or 1 channel 16 and no matter what, I constantly get static. I have to set it to 2 channels or else it won't work.

Anyone know the reason? I really need to get the playback to go on Mono, but I can't do it with the focusrite gen 2 for some reason

>Talking more about the rhythm guitar strummed stuff not the lead with a thousand effects kind of thing
You mean like at 0:25 ?
youtube.com/watch?v=eP_MG3kaogU
The term's jangle, there's no real effect, it's just a specific tonal response, with very little bass, you can get it out of anything with single coils.
I think it's the most boring part of mbv.
Still on the subject of shoegaze, if anyone has some directions on how to get Coaltar of the Deepers's heavier sounds, I'd be glad to hear about it.
youtube.com/watch?v=3jUyuQvn_v8
youtube.com/watch?v=KnaB8AGR5to

You asked /prod/ about it ?

last time I asked an audio question, I got a better respond on this general.

Put one on /prod/ right now

>You mean like at 0:25 ?

Yea I feel a lot of shoegaze sits at this certain frequency in the high mid range and theres a kind of white noise effect. Just wondering if theres a pedal that gets that effect

If Petrucci uses it it can't be that bad.

>Squire

You'd be better off in the first fuckin' grade learning to fuckin' read.

A Classic Vibe Squier or MIM Fender what? Strat? Tele? Jazz Bass? P-Bass? What's your budget? What kind of music do you play?

Get a guitar with single coils, a long tremolo arm and a reverb pedal.

now that I'm paying attention to it I hear some kind of white noise in the back, but I think it's probably just some studio editing or reverb from the drum's hi-hat rather than a dedicated effect.
EQ wise you'd want quite a bit of highs and some mids so you retain some sort of thump in the back, but next to no bass, throw a reverb on top of that and you'll be there.

squier arent that bad, not that you can spell it

spelling a brand name like that is fine since squire is the correct spelling of the word, at least for a noob

You can still hit a foul ball out of the park

>Classic Lacquer
This, if you can. The pickups are the American one.

Check behind the pickguard. If its open cavity or humbucker routing then you just need to swap the pickguard.

If its single coil routing youll need a router and a straight bit, but id highly recommend a template and a pattern bit because im assuming youve never used a router. Scratch that, use a template unless youve used a router several times and absoulutely feel comfortable with the tool and your ability to use it.

You could probably mod the pickguard, but 9 out of 10 times it looks like shit and/or the pickup is skewed when its not supposed to be.

Yamaha SPX-90. I got one and it nails the tone. Even with my Ibanez S guitar, which is the only one I have that has a tremolo until I get my Jaguar put together.

I did a cover of To Here Knows When to experiment with the sound and Kevin's production techniques, and got a surprisingly accurate sound. I even tried the sampling and rumble effect which helped capture the sound. Fuzz is semi-important, but running Guitar>SPX90>Overdriven amp is what he used in many cases, at least on Loveless.

Busy production, close mic'd speakers, fuzz, and single coils.

Thank ya

anyone else help?

Hey lads should I get one of these fuckers?

Long time /gg/ lurker here. As far as I can tell, there's still like 6 dudes who still lurk who've been here 3+ years

hi guys i will buy tomorrow a fender squier sa 105 nat acoustic for 70 euros for start playing, am i ok? i dont have much money

>As far as I can tell, there's still like 6 dudes who still lurk who've been here 3+ years
reporting

Just learned to play Back In The USSR (only the rhythm guitar, which is actually a 6 string bass but I'm playing it on the guitar anyway)

Tell me another beginner song to learn now, anons

Kinda over the top; I have a freeze. I was thinking of upgrading but decided not to

Sunshine of Your Love.

>there's still like 6 dudes who still lurk who've been here 3+ years

yea I'm here

only started posting recently though, but honest I didn't frequent this place too much and I ignored most of the annoying name-fags.

(I miss you Gearspammer and Yardsale Rickenbacker bro)

nice peanut butter finish
love me some peanut butter

what advantages does the classic lacquer have over j mascis jazzmaster?

and the tortoise pick guard kind of looks like some jam spread on the peanut butter

Is every electric guitar under $300-$500 considered a starter guitar?

The lacquer has the original bridge, Fender tailpiece with the right (vintage) distance from the bridge for that shitty sustain and ringing overtones, and actual JM pickups, American too, I believe. Neck is pretty great but not vintage specs (9.5" radius instead of 7.25")

The JMJM has P90ish pickups and a tune-o-matic bridge which honestly isn't for everyone. The tailpiece isn't very good either and the tailpiece is closer to the body for better sustain, less string slippage but less ringing and overtones. The neck is amazing though pretty much the best thing about this guitar.

If you want a proper JM go for the lacquer, if you want a good workhorse guitar go for the JMJM.

Sup /gg/,

If you guys were playing this: tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/r/radiohead/my_iron_lung_ver5_tab.htm

During this portion:
My brain, says I`m receiving pain, a lack of oxygen
e|-------------------------------------------------|
B|--------3-3----1------4-----------3-3---1------4-|
G|--------4-4----0------5-----------4-4---0------5-|
D|--------5-3----1------4-----------5-3---1------4-|
A|--------5-5----0------3-----------5-5---0------3-|
E|----------------------3------------------------3-|

From my life support, my iron lung
e|-----------------------------------------------------------------|
B|---------------------------------------3---------4---4---4---4---|
G|-------4---------------5-------------O---0---------7---7---7---7-|
D|-----5---5-----------5---5---------O-------0---------------------|
A|---5-------5-------6-------6-------------------------------------|
E|-3-----------3---3-----------3---3-------------------------------|

For the chord that's:

x
4 (3)
5 (4)
4 (2)
3 (1)
3 (1)

would you use the fingerings I've assigned in the brackets or would you barre the fourth fret with your second finger? It seems hella uncomfortable.

Similarly, in the lifesupport section,would you move your third finger to hit each of the 5s on D and G? Or barre to hold them both and let them ring out?

something like that. Even some up to $1000 are starting guitars.

However the difference is so minuscule its not even worth it most of the time

definitely go for it, playing in a small combo has improved my playing a ton and i'm not even a mediocre jazz guitarist yet, i'm still total shit

>Acoustic bass guitar a shit.

Anyway, I'm not really interested in a bass right now, I would like to have one again though. One main thing I am interested in is something like the 6 string acoustic "bass" like I posted here It sounds like people make them but they cost a little more than your average instrument probably.

>6 dudes
detail how you arrived at this conclusion

>use the fingerings I've assigned
Yes

>in the lifesupport section
finger that chord 1 4 2 3 from the E to G string

Start using guitar pro tabs instead of text tabs.You can open guitar pro files with guitar pro or tuxguitar (free).

Screenshot of a bar from that song.

Has it really been this Long?

youtube.com/watch?v=bYfwXAvi7uI

What specific pedal can replicate the effect for the guitar at the beginning? It's a moonland band so probably moonland brand.

Chorus + Delay and reverb

Kind of reminds me of the Cocteau Twins sound. The 3rd button on the Boss DC2 nails that sound, Behringer makes a clone of it for cheap. Most choruses can get in that ballpark though.

youtube.com/watch?v=gK8rZHKwizQ

I'll look into the Behringer model. Many thanks.