So after having this thing for over 8 years, it finally shit the bed. What are some good quality mp3s players these day...

So after having this thing for over 8 years, it finally shit the bed. What are some good quality mp3s players these day, ( that aren't just phones)? What does Sup Forums use?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Sony-Walkman-NWZA17SLV-Hi-Res-Digital/dp/B00OCJRX8C
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I use my fucking phone cause it's 2016.

They don't exist anymore. Most people use their phones, and FiiO holds a monopoly over those who don't.

Fiio, the superior choice.

This, , but if you're hellbent on getting an MP3 player specifically, just get another iPod. You probably won't find a better player.

fiiox1
£100 (~$130)
plays flac
good soundstage
synchronised lyrics
ez
awful soundstage / doesnt play flac

does it hold a decent amount of music? I'll be honest I don't know anything other than an ipod since it was gift years ago. I'll have to look into this

Use a phone like everyone else

>awful soundstage / doesnt play flac
Objectively untrue. It depends on what phone you buy. Google Play Music, Spotify, iTunes and Apple Music are all capable of playing flac, and the soundstage depends on what phone you have due to differing DACs. That's it. Audio quality differs from phone to phone.

I already have a shitty cheap phone my bf makes me use. I just want another fucking mp3 player. Fuck I spend like 2 hours on a bus and like 2 hours walking each day, im going to kill my self without music. I have no idea what the technology game is like these days, cause iv'e never cared enough.

fiio uses sd cards so it's up to you how much you want. they just released generation 2 of the X1 model, you won't find a better player at that price

thanks famalam

>Fuck I spend like 2 hours on a bus and like 2 hours walking each day, im going to kill my self without music.
OK, so long battery life is a must. You also seem to hold sound quality as a high priority.
You're basically describing an iPhone 6S Plus, you know. Those things can last for days (literally) and the iPhone line is famous for having high-quality DACs built in. Plus you can just use it like an MP3 player, and even better, you can use an app like Spotify or Apple Music to play anything you want on a whim. You don't have to buy individual albums or torrent anything anymore. You can literally click 'Add to library' and it's done, instantly. You pay like $10 a month and you can add as many albums as you want, plus you can upload the ones you already have and listen to those also. Kinda like an all-you-can-eat buffet of music.

I dunno, I think that sounds pretty cool.

>I have no idea what the technology game is like these days, cause iv'e never cared enough.
fuck you're missing out on so much

Look at the Lg V20

its has a tip top dac in it and sounds real nice

This is really more of a question for than because it's more equipment-based than music-based.

i'll try there

X1 gen 2 is trash get the 1 if you want the x1 bb

I use one of the new walkmans and I'm a lot happier with it than I ever was with iPods.

link?

Like, a store link? I have this one but mine's black.
amazon.com/Sony-Walkman-NWZA17SLV-Hi-Res-Digital/dp/B00OCJRX8C

ipod classic
>using mobile phones

dreading the day my 160gb classic goes tits up

fuck off

No you fuck off

>paying out the ass even more than apple already wants you to pay out the ass because it's all secondhand market of a discontinued device
fuck that shit niqqer

yea, as the day goes on im getting legit more sad about having my ipod gone

Fiio is a god awful user experience

>I'm a fucking tripfaggot who thinks it's my job to be a hot pocket
JFC

how good sound quality ipods have?
I got old nano somewhere-