I just realized america hasnt had a shooting in a while. the last one I can remember is the San Bernardino shooting...

I just realized america hasnt had a shooting in a while. the last one I can remember is the San Bernardino shooting. Has the news just stopped reporting major shootings or have they actually slowed down??

Other urls found in this thread:

bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/06/08/double-shooting-reported-dorchester/svsqjLPPdiIDzOecYKtFXK/story.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No white shooters. Memphis had one fairly notable a while ago.

they were never that frequent people just like to make it seem like one happens every week

there was one in houston a few weeks back, but again, it wasn't covered because:

A) the shooter wasnt white
B) he was stopped by a concealed carrier, a group of people the media pretends doesn't exist.

Check the local news in Detroit and Chicago. Shootings almost, if not, every weekend. Dont make news cuz its black on black.

are you kidding me there ewas litreally one last week that happened at ucla i think, or was that two weeks ago?

Shootings, along with all violent crime, are on a constant decline year by year. Despite media fervor the country is safer now than it's ever been.

But yeah, the media likes to report on anomalies. So it's white killers or nothing.

You gotta be white to get on the news faggot

Can you hypothesize why this alleged decline is happening? (changes in education, mental health system, etc)

i live in philly, theres no lack of gang shootings.
im talking about crazy person shoot up school or airport shooting

California had a shooting at ucla, not thay long ago

>Implying that the only events that occur are the ones on the news

There's a whole new level of stupid being implied there sonny.

What do you classify as "a shooting." People die to people with guns everyday, we just add particular labels to them depending on our political agendas. "Mass shootings" seem to vary wildly in quantity and seem to be truly designated by being a shooting occurring in a middle-upper class area.

Black-on-black gun murders happen constantly and no one bats an eye, especially not the media. Pointing out black-on-black violence would be racist.

Acts of terrorism are extremely few-and-far between, we just sensationalize the absolute ballsack out of them. The likelihood of dying to a terrorist attack is significantly less than dying to a lightning strike.

During election season shootings are put on hold so everyone has a chance to vote

Leaded gasoline got banned ~40 years ago, fewer people with brain damage nowadays.

change in education? thats a good one.

the real reason is because violent crime is financed by drugs, and the drug economy is in a bit of a recession right now, what with states legalizing marijuana for the first time in history. this has greatly cut into the revenue of illegal drug dealers (and the gangs they are a part of), so we aren't seeing the widespread gang violence of the 80s and 90s. there is still violent crime, but it is small isolated incidents, as opposed to full-on gang wars.

I just shot my neighborhood up
Should be on the news

>whole new level of stupid
Can you really not figure out what type of shooting im talking about? If it wasnt obvious enough, the kind with crazy (white) people.

Thanks for restating the obvious of "inner city violence is under reported" because thats old news and everyone already knows this.

The worst cities tend to have the tightest gun control, so it could be the proliferation of guns and concealed carry that's keeping crime down.

There is a mass shooting every day. Look it up

if by concealed carrier you mean cops with rifles, yeah he was stopped by a concealed carrier.

>guaranteed replies

Have you considered that maybe the worst cities were also pretty bad BEFORE they had tight gun control?

>Do you even Al Capone?

You'd probably consider a terrorist attack "a shooting" as well, therefore the definition of "a shooting" here varies quite a bit and could've used some more explanation. Plenty of "mass shootings" haven't been done by "white" people, same for terrorist attacks.

It seemed like restating the obvious was necessary since your post was quite ignorant which implied a fairly advanced level of stupidity.

You really could just look up some stats instead of looking for equally-misinformed answers on Sup Forums.

real bruh?

mainak sarkar shot someone at UCLA day before national gun control day or some shit for the lulz

So in other words, gun control changes nothing?

There was a shooting today in Boston

your not even looking, really.
bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/06/08/double-shooting-reported-dorchester/svsqjLPPdiIDzOecYKtFXK/story.html

There was one not to long ago here in MD. The guy went to two different malls.

Not a mass shooting, faggot. Dude killed a teacher and then himself. Yawn.

"Mass shooting" is an extremely broad term. It's pretty much a buzzword at this point, it just makes civilian-murders sound more hardcore.

CIA must be on vacation.

If I get dubs expect Disneyland to be up in flames tomorrow.

Abortion was legalized.

Unwanted children come into existence in fewer numbers now. Unwanted/neglected/abused/poorly raised children become criminals.

The 90s were theorized to be the near downfall of America due to skyrocketing crime rates but because of the legalization of abortion an entire generation (and future generations) of what would be criminals was aborted.

who said mass? op didn't, guy you replied to didnt.
it also wasn't taco Tuesday today, that's doesn't make it a counter argument.