Ask an ExMormon anything

Ask an ExMormon anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2tOwd3p7TsE
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disciplinary_council
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So if you're not a mormon anymore do you only take one question or do you take multiple questions at once?

What do you mean by that? I'll take as many questions as you guys have

How common are black and white interracial Mormon couples? and for the few that I assume exist, are they secretly looked down upon?

How do you like coffee?

>Black
>Mormon
Pick one

I haven't drank much, cause it's a bit hard to get used to the bitterness. I guess it's okay though.

why is polygamy so controversial in mormon religion and not just accepted across the board, so to speak

How did you extricate yourself from that bullshit

I actually haven't seen any interracial couples. I've seen one black family. But that was all. They don't seem to be looked down upon at all, surprisingly.

What's your favorite color?

For whatever reason, Mormons don't question anything about their religion. When it comes to polygamy, they just think "It's what God told them to do" even if it was looked down upon now and then. When it comes to the ExMormon community, that's where it becomes truly controversial, because it's unlawful, and Joseph Smith lied by saying he was only in a relationship with his "One" wife Emma, when in all actuality he had, if I remember correctly, something like 37 wives, with some being sisters, mother/daughter, and some being as young as 14/15.

I'd have to say red.

Underrated post

I've always been a very logical, skeptical thinking person, so it was only a matter of time before I questioned it, and found out the truth about it being bullshit, and "leaving". Technically I haven't left yet, since I still live with my parents, since I just graduated from HS, but fundamentally, I'm an atheist.

Do your parents know?

Do you live in Utah?

Not yet, no. I've hear many horror stories about people telling their parents about ir, and getting kicked out of the house. My older sister is out of the church, and they treat her just the same as me and my brothers, so I'm sure it'd be fine, but I'd still be stuck going to all the meetings and bullshit. If anything, they'd probably punish me by grounding me from the internet or some shit, or shove religion down my throat more than it is now.

so you went from borderline extremism to nihilistic tendencies. question#2; have you done any drugs?

Actually no, thank (the non existent) God. Utah Mormons are fucking crazy. I have tons of family in Utah, but I actually live in Texas.

For mormon christ's sake, don't tell them. Tell them after they've paid for college and you're out in the world.

Not yet, eventually I've gone to concerts with friends, and have been offered to smoke weed, but out of ear of my parents smelling it on me, I haven't yet. Though, I'd like to soon. Just because it's something new. That's as far as I'd go though. Coke, heroin and cigarettes aren't worth it.

Show your dick

Glad you made it out op

I'm stuck paying for college in my own, after student loans and grants and such. I have plans to move out later this year with another ExMormon friend of mine, so I'll tell then around that time.

Thanks mang.

What did you think about trey Parker's opinion of your old religion?

scary to think there are cults like this in 21st cent America

Try to get a scholarship out of the Mormon Church before you "come out". Make those idiots pay for fucking with you

I'm assuming you're making reference to the south park episode, and the "Book of Mormon" play? I loved the south park episode and think that If any Mormons that were on the fence watched it, it'd help them get away from the church. As for the play, it's coming to my city later this year, and I'd love to see it, but tickets are expensive as fuck.

>scary to think there are cults like this in 21st cent America
scary to think that there are people that think the current year has fuck all to do with human nature

Why not being a huge fag and get a vape?
Lots of fags have them these days
Even regular old jack off dads have them
You know, the ones that watch the flyer for sales at their gayest hardware store then go there 15 minutes before open and rush in for their 5.99 hammer

how do you take religion from some douche lookin in a top hat?

I actually don't think they even offer scholarships. I've had youth leaders try and talk me out of going to my community college for two years before uni, and to do the churches online courses instead. Fuck that, I'd rather get a proper, unbiased education.

So much this.

There is one of these churches in my town, it has a nice look, and a nice parking lot, yet is always empty, I dont know how they manage to keep it running.

i just moved to salt lake city from philly, i need tips for pulling a mormon bitch.

in philly you pretty much just straight up tell a girl your trying to fuck and see what happens

Don't they offer scholarships to Big and Hung University?

A friend of mine, whom I met at church 11 years ago, who is also ExMormon now, vapes. I dont because of the stigma associated. And considering I'm already considered a fag on Sup Forums I may as well stray away from being called worse. Kek

What do you think of Yahweh?
Religion before race but somehow race first because thats important
One pure nation of only whites etc

I never really did. I have really bad ADHD when I don't wanna be somewhere. I'v always been really into gaming, so I'd usually rather stay home. But since thats never been an option, I've always just surfed the internet on my phone in class, or just zoned out/day dreamed when being on my phone wasn't an option.

OP, I know the show is a very cliche cringy, and normie show, but check out the latest season of Real World, it features heavily a hipster trying to leave the Mormon religion, and its kinda similar to this

Good luck. They're taught to avoid non Mormon guys like the plague. So good luck trying to get one to fuck you. Best you may get is the "Loophole loophole" where anal = keeping virginity, or soaking.

Hey OP, my friend is being a mormon basically so he can get this mormon chick he thinks he really likes. How stupid is his plan?

this stupid
youtube.com/watch?v=2tOwd3p7TsE

It's a very odd concept. They also believe in a planet named "Kolob" where thy believe God resides, I guess? And at one point the prophet mentioned that mankind was never meant to go to the moon, this was during the space race, during the cold war. You can see how well that went for them.

how can i pretend to be mormon, can you give me some general go to phrases i can repeat to seem like im part of the group.

like, "john smith is the savior and this shit"
or "i love john smith"

so then what made you want to excommunicate? i dont believe its cause you just wanted to play final fantasy instead of going to church

This Joseph fellow, he sounds like a pretty cool dude

Extremely stupid. The members of the "Ward" which is like a geographical area of members set to meet at a certain time, will think he's actually interested in being part of the church, and if he attempts to leave, when said girl rejects him, they will never leave him be about coming back to church. Encourage him to give up.

I actually haven't been excommunicated. All my non member friends know I'm an atheist, but nobody/not many in the church know. Those that know either have the same idea as me about leaving, or don't have the balls to snitch on me. it's very hard to get excommunicated. A brief write up of the process and be found here. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disciplinary_council

There are offerings for the typical academics and other things you can find at any university. The real bonus is when you're the kid of a professor. That's 50% off tuition guaranteed.

Source: Parent teaches at BYU

I'm moving into a new house next week. The back yard faces the parking lot of a Mormon church. Are their services/music loud? Will they ring my doorbell all the time since I'm the next door? Would they approach/ try to recruit my daughter if she was riding her bike alone in the neighborhood ?

I'm actually not sure. I mean sure, they have some phrases that they use often, but I'm sure that if you say some of them, they'll get the impression that you're a member of the Church, and ask you questions about it.

What's your religion now or are you done with religious beliefs?

Ah. Neither of my parents even went to much college, let alone, teach as a professor. Were you a member of the church, or did you parents convert after you need out?

fair enough, theres plenty of homeless bitches to pull in SLC anyway, ill just go driving with 15 bucks if i need a nut

thanks for the help

KEK, it's joe, not john, and if you say he's the savior to a mormon they'll know you're not one.

thats not what i asked. why do you want to be atheist instead of moron or any religious faith for that matter?

Was raised in it, I've been out for 3 years now.

They have dances for the youth every month or so, but it's all inside the gym of the church, odd, I know. Your daughter may get asked by the missionaries to get you/your SO to talk about the church. Other than that, they shouldn't harass you much. Just be very assertive about being uninterested, and that you don't want them to show up again.

jacob is that you?

I consider myself an Agnostic Atheist. Which means that I don't have knowledge that a god exists, but we're true evidence to show up, I may believe that a is does exist.

No problem!

Thanks for the info.

Is it true Mormons believe the American Indians are the lost tribe of Israel and that there is no hell, only three levels of heavan?

thats bs. * i dont believe in god but if he exists i believe.*

Because I have researched extensively into the foundation of the religion, and found many inconsistencies, and unethical things involved. For example, Joseph Smith had many wives, many of which were sisters, or mother/daughter pairs, or even girls as young as 14/15 years old. Many more things can be found in the CES Letter, written by Jeremy runnels, addressed to che church leadership. Many of the topics questioned have yet to even be answered about. These can be found at CESLetter.com. As for my choice to be atheist, i guess my explanation can be found here: about why I call myself an agnostic atheist.

they do believe in hell
but they believe it is extremely hard to be sent there
you have to be baptized into the mormon faith
have absolute certainty of the existence of god
and then deny the existence of god

and it isn't as bad as most other religions' hell

>have power over Lucifer and the 1/3 host of heaven that were cast out
>do w/e you want
>eventually cease to exist as you are completely removed from the presence of god and everything needs to be somewhat in the presence of god to exist

IIRC, yes Native Americans are the lost tribe.

According to mormons: When you die you enter a purgatory, there's one for mormons and another for the heathens. You stay here until the second coming. While here the mormons will continue to be a PITA to the heathens with missionaries.

At the second coming the mormons, and others who are deemed to be okay, are sorted into the 3 levels of heaven. Anyone who is too bad to even get to the lowest level goes into "outer darkness", a place without the presence of god.

They believe that the American Indians are a couple of different "Tribes", I guess you can call them, of people found in the book of Mormon, notably the Nephites, and the Lamanites. There are stories of huge wars between these "Tribes" and others, and of course, no evidence of them have been found. Mormons believe in the three levels of heaven, but there is a "Hell" I guess you could say. Which they call outer darkness, where you get taught the ways of the Mormon Church, so that you can then move your way into heaven. There are very few sins that they believe will keep you in the outer darkness for eternity. Most notably, denying that they holy spirit is real. So in their book, in fucked, and I'll be in blackness for eternity.

Cool! I am Sioux and now I know why I am good with money!

Call me Little Bear Feinberg!

I didn't t explain it well. I should've said "Agnostic atheists are atheistic because they do not hold a belief in the existence of any deity and agnostic because they claim that the existence of adeity is either unknowable in principle or currently unknown in fact."

Source for that except: wikipedia.

actually there are a fuck ton of black mormons

I'm sure there are, but from what I have personally seen, there have been a few kids form previous marriages, and a single black couple.

God changed his mind about blacks in the 70s, they're okay now

They used to believe that Black people were "Caused by God"

Mormons getting married at 18 is retarded as fuck wouldn't you agree?

I quoted Brigham Young on that, got my ass kicked out of seminary

Most definitely. Most couples seem to get 2-3 months after meeting each other. Some even as quick as 2-3 weeks. It's fucking dumb.

Just had my cousin get hitched, can confirm.

I would've, but I was trying to lay low. Now that I'm out of HS, and seminary, I'd be more willing to speak out against the church, even if my parents don't know I'm fundamentally, and mentally out.

what mormons believe about the native americans
>tower of babel
>some people realize it is wrong
>ask god what to do
>god says make a boat
>people make boat
>boat goes to the americas
>people become very populace
>people quit believing in god
>people start fighting each other
back to mideast
>isreal being invaded
>god warns guy
>guy takes family into wilderness
>guy convinces a couple other families to go with them bc PI need muh sista-in-laws"
>god tells group to build boat
>boat goes to americas
>group finds last survivor of tower of babel group
>gets told what happened
>jews become populace
>jews get told that the jehovah will come soon
>jesus is born
>america jews get mad bc they don't know
>start doubting jehovah is coming
>last guy to believe the jehovah is coming is told "if he ain't here by sunfall on thisday, you die"
>jews get ready to kill guy
>sun doesn't go down
>jews are like wtf
>then resurected jesus shows up and says "yo, s'up"
>jews start worshiping jesus
>jesus goes to heaven
>jews eventually stop worshiping jesus
>unbelievers start killing believers
>mormon takes all the records and runs
>gives them to his son moroni
>moroni writes an afterward
>buries records in new york

Utah non Mormon here that's all college was byu is to much of a joke to when consider applying

Well put

I know. I've heard the horror stories about it. Many people who are wanting to leave the church, but are stuck at BYU, and afraid of losing their credits and such. I feel bad for all of them.

Plus the younger community (not all, but most) are judgy assholes. We had a saying last semester "she'll fuck you Saturday night, call rape at service Sunday morning"