How do you guys cope with the fact that you will one day die? Does this not make you depressed?

How do you guys cope with the fact that you will one day die? Does this not make you depressed?

I killed myself

/thread

why spend time worrying about something that you can not change?

you are here and you are alive. better take pleasure while you can.

seriously... I can't live my life in normality

i actually find it calming... don't matter what you do with your life you'll die eventually, might as well relax and go for it...

just find something to look forward too.
like the technological singularity where humanity might transcend space time and even become immortal by uploading ones consciousness to a machine.

i feel you user

Death is part of life
Imagine never being able to break free from the worries and limitations of your physical existance? I know you're as tired as the rest of us.
Doesn't it sound good to know one day you'll get the rest you so deserve?

It makes me very appreciative yet I still cannot stop thinking about my eventual mortality. Maybe I just need a girlfriend or something.

Oh god this again
>get into my sak

It makes me very, very happy. Hoping it's soon, quick and as painless as possible.

Agreed OP

Yea you can distract yourself all you want, but one day it will happen, and it'll be all you ever dreamed of

Any religious people here?

Is this supposed to be interpreted as words of encouragement or...

I look forward to whatever's going to happen next and that's basically all I think about. Like now, my family is moving into a mansion basically because we can afford it now and that's all I've been think about these past two weeks.

Not encouraging you to kys, just encouraging you not to fear, for death is the only thing that brings true peace. Imagine no more pain or worries, imagine finally finishing that war you've been fighting for so long.

Well, we can assume that the state of pre-birth is the same state as post-death since they both are a product of the particular arrangement of your atoms not being conducive to consciousness. Since you have been brought into this life from the state of pre-birth by some sort of mechanism, it's pretty safe to assume that there is a continuation after death in some form. No telling what it is, but it's most definitely SOMETHING.

Also, as others have stated, it's completely inevitable so there's no point in stressing about it. Even if you were to upload your consciousness into an immortal machine, eventually the universe will break down and even THAT machine will die.

It's completely, utterly unavoidable. Just chill.

Who gives a fuck? If there is a heaven then you live happily ever after, if there isn't, you live worry free ever after. Don't know why people worry so much about this pointless shit.

Even if that machine could live forever... Would you really want to continue suffering forever?

It's understandable. No matter how sure you feel that it won't be bad, there's always the possibility of the afterlife being something horrible and terrifying because nobody can actually know for sure what happens.

>How do you guys cope with the fact that you will one day die?
By knowing that you will, too.

You speak in an eloquent fashion. Me Gusta. Are you religious in any sort of form?

This is going to sound really pretentious but I consider myself ignostic (not AGNOSTIC with an A). Basically it's the belief that the ultimate nature of the universe is something that's probably beyond all human understanding and that no religion is able to adequately describe it.

Well, it makes me a bit depressed OP but it could be worse- I could be you.

Why would it depress me?

Couldn't agree more user. Life is great and all but I am looking forward to one day being able to die and no longer have to put up with all this shit.

Are you really so important to yourself that the thought of a world without you in it depresses you? Isn't that just vanity?