Does life get better after college? Just finished my 2nd year and already want to quit

Does life get better after college? Just finished my 2nd year and already want to quit

you think it will but your usually wrong

No it doesn't
It only gets harder
Every job you want someone already has not only your degree, but years of experience

But don't let that deter you
If you work hard enough
through the late nights and early mornings
you just might make it

>Pic related

If you're not in STEM, and have an internship within the next 2 summers, ie, before the end of senior year, you will not get a good job and life will suck. I know from experience. If you're a humanities fag like I was, withdraw from college, do it right so you have option to go back later. Enlist in military (navy or airforce for best options and training that helps in civilian world) or attend trade school. Medical tech type certification is usually a good ROI, although some trades like electrician or HVAC have good earning potential as well.

Thanks user. The only thing that gives me hope is having all the things I've always wanted, which isn't much
>pic related dream car

Thanks for the advice greatly appreciate it.

At least you get paid after college. If you can find work.

Nope.

Life is pretty much over after 30

If you live in commiefornia, good luck finding a pre-75. If not, good taste m8

After college do some volunteer work.
It really helps when applying for a job. As in holy shit.
Keep your hopes up user

Let me pop that bubble right now
you will Never get EVERYTHING you wanted
The goal is to get everything you need
don't have a mortgage, or loans. pay straight cash
then get a couple things you really want
if you get everything you want and not what you need, you will end up like those athletes that end up bankrupt within 3 years of leaving their sport
trust me you will be glad you did

Humanities is a good major for people that are really fucking good at what they do.

Did any of you anons ever move abroad or just to another state after college was it worth it?

sounds good thanks

True. But only if you have a near perfect GPA, have networked successfully, and did your undergrad at a school the feeds into PhD programs. I graduated with a 3.27 overall, 3.9 in degree, couldn't get into any grad school I applied to. Then again, my field (Classics) is dying. I know it's easier for less specialized fields. Make sure you have a good relationship with your departmental advisor, and start planning grad school early. I didnt, and that severely limited my options when the time came. I basically plastered a dozen schools with resumes/applications and got shot down, because I didn't know anyone in my field.

you're welcome
Now go forth and be the best that you can be
we will be here
waiting for your return
like we always have
and always will

I'm in creative writing, and I hear grad schools consider your portfolio before you GPA. But that doesn't mean my writing samples will be impressive enough to compensate for my literal 2.0 GPA.

I guess from the combination of your experiences and mine we've learned that humanities is for the well rounded, that we can't rely on a single facet of our undergraduate CV to succeed. Wish I'd realized that 10 years ago...

You go to school for creative writing. You're already fucked. You're not a writer.

It's not too late for engineering user. Well worth the punishment.

This is one of the most ignorant posts I've ever read. I'm not saying I'm a great writer, but I'd be a lot fucking worse if I hadn't gone to school. I learned quite a lot.

You're right in that we're both fucked, but I probably could have made it if I hadn't been so damn lazy.

I don't think we're fucked, just habe to change our perspective on things. I'm doing pretty good now, I recently finished a pharmacy tech certificate, and am planning further education in medical peripheral field as a physical therapy assistant. I do sometimes wish I had majored in something else, but it was the decision I made and I'm dealing with it. I've come to look at it this way: classics will always be my one true love, and even though I'm not active in that field, I can still appreciate the accomplishments of others in that field because I have the background to understand the significance and nuances of their work. I derive great personal satisfaction from my education, even though it did not become a career. And in a way, I think that's good. The thing I love can remain fresh and interesting, and I am not bound to it being my livelihood. I feel free to enjoy Classics, rather than being slavishly tied to the field because if I don't publish, I don't eat. I think you could do the same in your field.