It's Loveless' 25th anniversary. Lets reflect on this wonderful album and all the joy it's brought the world

It's Loveless' 25th anniversary. Lets reflect on this wonderful album and all the joy it's brought the world.

soon is the best track on the album
only plebs will disagree

'Sometimes' has the best pop melody ever written

I thought i liked this album but i re-listened to it and decided I didn't

Blown a Wish

OP here

Loveless sounds different depending on your mood and what layers you're focusing on. But that just makes it more interesting and addictive imo.

To Here Knows When > Sometimes > Loomer > Blown A Wish > I Only Said > Soon > What You Want > Come In Alone > Only Shallow > Touched > When You Sleep

>to here knows when is best track

Couldn't agree more OP. One of my dreams is to play the entire song live in my college stage at mind blowing volumes and watching people hate me while I stare at my foot and strum my guitar like a zombie

To Here Knows When > What You Want > Loomer > Sometimes > Blown a Wish > When You Sleep > I Only Said > Soon > Come in Alone > Only Shallow > Touched

Is it weird that I kinda prefer their stuff before Loveless?

this sucks lol

why is she so perfect

Was Loveless the logical conclusion to guitar music?

No. It was a reconfiguration of guitar music as we know it. I beckon it can still improve. Some other genius will rise and change things onces more. However, when should that come, I do not know.

A similar "Bullet for My Valentine" exchange happened to me once. I couldn't believe it.

>when you sleep as the worst track
>being this contrarian

me too this must happen often

I will probably lose my hearing to Soon or When You Sleep. I just can't believe how good they're. They're everything I love about music.

y-you too?

what you want is best track

plebs will never realize this

Sometimes is probably the pinnacle of music.

for me it was the other way round.

picked it up as a 14-year old in the record store i was working and couldnĀ“t enjoy, but somehow it has grown on me.

OP here. Glad to see this thread's still up.

It's definitely underrated. Not many people can conduct a symphony using a wasp hive.

Me too, user. Though I'm still struggling to find an affordable lefty Jaguar.

I never really "got" Sometimes even after hearing Loveless a couple hundred times. Wasn't until I learnt to play it on the piano that I understood how sad it really was. That chords over "the way I do" are tragic. The vocal verses (as with a lot of tracks on Loveless) are organized in a symmetrical fashion, which is kinda cool (pic related).

The solo fascinates me too because it has this warm airy quality to it, when coupled with the deep pulsating kick in the background, it feels like the track's alive and gently breathing over a heartbeat.

Shields talked about it in an interview:"The `synth' solo two thirds of the way through `Sometimes' is Bilinda's voice, and a little oboe sample in there from the keyboard itself."

fucking repress when

gonna listen to this album for the first time tonight. im pretty excited about it since everyone seems to like it so much

of course man. i wanna just stand in some corner with the drum machines, some weird guy playing the keyboards, a cute hipster girl whispering into the microphone and me just strumming endlessly at the guitar.

at blistering loud volumes. for hours.

Just keep in mind, anything you hear that isn't a voice, drum, or bass, is a guitar. There are no other instruments used on the album. The only exceptions being the keyboard on Sometimes and a flute sample on the closing track.

Loveless may not click for you the first time around, so it can be easy to dismiss it as pretentious garbage. It's an album with an insane amount of replay value (I've heard it 400+ times at this point), and it only gets better the more you hear it. Jamming along to the different layers in your head is where a majority of the fun lies for me.

So smoke a bowl, find a quiet dimly lit room, and get some comfy headphones on. Happy listening!

It's my favorite song.

To Here Knows When is the stargate sequence of music.

this. No song is better placed in the album and encompasses the entire mood in one instances

Why is When You Sleep so underrated?

Quick someone pls post the YOU JUST KNOW copypasta i need it asap

Me too. I was talking to a metalhead and a guy who thinks Frank Ocean is the best songwriter of his generation

I hate this album more than I hate myself, and boy do I hate myself.

i always confuse these guys with my dying bride for some reason

Only shallow people dislike Loveless

What you want is my jam

loveless has helped me through my depression and overall melancholy of the last 4 years. only a few other things have affected me as profoundly as it has.

same here. first date, and she was looking through my songs while I was driving. She saw the name and laughed. I didn't want to tell her they weren't a bullet for my valentine because I thought she knew who mbv was. In retrospect I'm pretty sure she thought it was abfmv. no second date

google play master race