Why is this still allowed?

why is this still allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/local/new-poll-finds-9-in-10-native-americans-arent-offended-by-redskins-name/2016/05/18/3ea11cfa-161a-11e6-924d-838753295f9a_story.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because it's not offensive

>Copying logo from Blackhawks

Because injuns have red skin...

that's wrong and you know it

Because they aren't historically relevant like the Steelers, Cowboys, Patriots, or the Seahawks. Nobody cares about Washington.

Because american natives don't give a shit.
Better yet, they approve it as long as it still represents natives.

Real talk, Australia? Because the Redskins aren't relevant and have been shit for a long time like said.

It's incredibly offensive in this day and age.

"Come on it's the current year" is not an argument.

>Nine in 10 Native Americans say they are not offended by the Washington Redskins name, according to a new Washington Post poll that shows how few ordinary Indians have been persuaded by a national movement to change the football team’s moniker.

>The survey of 5004 people across every state and the District reveals that the minds of Native Americans have remained unchanged since a 2004 poll by the Annenberg Public Policy Center found the same result. Responses to The Post’s questions about the issue were broadly consistent regardless of age, income, education, political party or proximity to reservations.

Except it is. We live in an age where you can't symbolize a group like that.

Btw it's never been so much about naming them after Indians. Specific tribes has always been kinda cool, like Seminoles. 'Redskins' is just very dehumanizing for a minority group.

It's not an issue I expect white kids on Sup Forums to automatically empathize with of course.

You've been blown the fuck out by actual native Americans

Eat a dick Crocodile Dundee

washingtonpost.com/local/new-poll-finds-9-in-10-native-americans-arent-offended-by-redskins-name/2016/05/18/3ea11cfa-161a-11e6-924d-838753295f9a_story.html

I know, right? It's not even red. More like shitskin.

My lord you sound like a peter popper.

Heyo

>it's incredibly offensive
To name your team after a people's warriors? I guess the Spartans is offensive. Or the Cowboys. Do people actually believe that Washington named it's team something they deemed derogatory? Why not the Washington Faggots? Or the Washington Cumdumpsters?

Kek, son. I don't understand how anyone can think 'Redskins' is comparable to a common name and not pretty much a racial slur.

>Washington Faggots
I think they're reserving that nickname when Orlando finally gets an NFL team

Why not just change it to a white mascot and call the team the Washington Cumskins. Problem solved.

Smart people can, dumb people like you can't.

Are you 12?

>To name your team after a people's warriors?

what people called their warriors redskins?

Redskins is a reference to the red clay worn during war. It isn't racial. It isn't derogatory. It doesn't mak any sense for them to be named something derogatory so that backs it up. Cowboy is more offensive because it's calling someone a child who cares for dumb animals

>you will never be this autistic and wrong

almost

literally, the dumbest post so far

The origin is debated, most people interpret it as skin color

>Cowboy is more offensive because it's calling someone a child who cares for dumb animals
HAHAHAHAHA

>wrong
Look it up. Only difference is material used to color themselves

>most people
[Citation needed]

Cowboy is so offensive to the gay community. Those guys that directed Brokeback Mountain should start a campaign to get rid of that name.

>Wahhhh Im a leftist SJW and I get offended for people that don't get offended by the thinks I think they should

kill yourselves

>Cowboy is more offensive because it's calling someone a child who cares for dumb animals
? Cowboys were adults that took animals out to pasture for long periods of time. The "boy" part isn't literal.

"SJW" is a liberal meme

most people are retarded and stupid.

because it doesn't offend the lgbt or women

They are very real.

speak for yourself

I am. Most people are stupid. The kind of people that are stupid enough to sign up to ban "dihydrogen monoxide" are the kind of losers that get offended by "Redskins". Basically just ignorant people.

because neither of your parents were alive yet

who taught you this shit?

Because nobody that claims its offensive has actually ever ask any Native Americans if they found the name offensive and they've taken it upon themselves to get offended for the Natives.

i'm offended at any logo that doesn't look like generic clip art of an animal or a flat color with basic shapes. on second though that also offends me. don't ask me why. you're not entitled to know. all that you need to know is that it offends me and that you should have no better things to worry about in your life.

Because it's a great name for a start up company.

why is this allowed

>mfw the Mlels team change their name to the orlando pride or something next year

Redskins have 3 SBs faggot

Why is this still allowed?

I was being ironic. Cowboys isn't offensive and neither is redskins because they both are contextual cultural references that aren't detogatory by nature

>2014+2
>still caring about the redskins name

le fighting irishman

Soon

I want liberals like you and people who think like you to stop breathing.

Soon

Because white people get to claim being Cherokee.

>the redskins are going to the superbowl
That is why it's allowed.

The only reason people make a big deal about it is, not because they give a shit about native Americans, but because leftist cucks don't want to feel guilty about it and/or they want to make some change without putting in any real effort into it.

rip in piece

It's incredibly hypocritical to say this.

>tfw you will never be the owner of the Baltimore Niggers