This is technically Sup Forums but I know some fucks here play this too so sue me

This is technically Sup Forums but I know some fucks here play this too so sue me.

I was expecting a fun career mode like they've always had but this VC shit has ruined the game. Its literally pay2win or else you have to play 70 games minimum to get your player to the mid 70s. What the fuck is the point of playing if your guy sucks for 2 years?

Other urls found in this thread:

sbnation.com/nba/2014/6/3/5772796/nba-y2k-series-finale-the-death-of-basketball
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

EA mate

Blame Spike Lee

it was free on psplus so i dropped 20$ to make it fun, have a tall af nigger who I made to look like a rapist, worth it imo m8

>not pirating the pc version and using cheats to give yourself more VC

LOL

This game is pretty bad. Glad I got it for free from the PSN.

>start the career mode, make my white player from Croatia
>suddenly I'm in American highschool
>I have black parents and I live in Brooklyn
>okay I'll pretend I was adopted
>and a black TWIN sister
>fuck this stupid shit
>continue playing
>cutscenes are longer than games I play and boring as fuck
>something about my best friend constantly chimping out
>GM comes over to my player's house to threaten me
>"I can send you overseas to play in Europe, and trust me, you don't want to have to learn Italian or Croatian language"

Thank fuck for Steam refunds.

Let's hope they won't go full retard in 2k17.

I shouldn't have to use cheat codes or spend real shekels to have a fair and balanced amount of exp points to spend on my player. Its a complete misunderstanding of this type of gameplay on the most basic level.

Its a real shame too because these games were once GOAT and made EA's Jew shit look retarded. Now 2k and EA are Team Jew.

top fucking kek

what were they thinking?

That's what you get for hiring Spike Lee to tell a story and not just focusing on improving the gameplay.

He's obsessed with race. The whole thing is about being a poor black man who rises up and achieves his dreams. Even if you're white af.

FREQUENCY VIBRATIONS

>tfw 90 OVR pg
>tfw shittin on niggas left and right

Did you spend real money or grind?

>2k16 CM was so bad it now leaked up to FIFA and fucked it up

T-thanks Spike Lee

FREAKIN AND VIBIN BABY, FREAKIN AND VIBIN

Nice way to alienate a shitload of players.

I mean, okay, you want to tell a story, that's fine. But come on, it's a fucking sports game, not a Telltale game, I can't understand why they did that. And now FIFA is doing the same thing.

I just want to play muh career in peace with some cool features on the side,

>tfw 72 overall PF on the Knicks

You still in your second year? Im only 5 games into mine and I'm only 63 ovr. This shit is gonna take forever.

Like sixteen games in yeah.

i downloaded this because it was free.

i literally played it for 1 game and was bored of it already. it's just the same fucking shit over and over. 1 team has the ball and runs the other end and shoots. the other team gets the ball runs to the other end and shoots. what a fucking boring piece of shit sport basketball is.

>it's just the same fucking shit over and over. 1 team has the ball and runs the other end and shoots. the other team gets the ball runs to the other end and shoots. what a fucking boring piece of shit sport soccer is.

>playing my career

lol the moment I saw Spike Lee's coon ass on the title I knew not to play it

t. I've never actually played basketball in my life

fuck spike lee man

>tfw want to start another career, this time make a big man
>remember the bullshit you have to go through
nooooope, I'll just stick to mygm and myteam

>muh sister
>muh friend
>15 minute cutscenes
>takes for fucking ever to get through high school/college bullshit
>finally get drafted
>only 8 games in first season

If they fuck it up again in 2k17 I'll riot

The career mode is shit.
I do enjoy online play quite a bit tough.
Defenitly a step up from the last year in that regard.

>tfw can't even play online because nobody here plays it and it's unplayable with lag

Sorry to hear that Argentino bro.
I'm actually suprsed it's like that...I mean shouldn't there be thousands of HueHue's and Argentinians playing.
I tough basketball was popular in Brasil.

Is rather play Spike Lee's racist career than with BR to be h

This is probably the worst one of the decade. 2K11 was best of the 360 generation, gameplay wise. I'm thinking of just sticking to odd year releases of sports games. If you take a look back at any yearly franchise, odd years (on the cover) tend to be the best.

totally not buying next year's game because of this, unless i read some reviews that say they completely overhauled mycareer.

shitketball
niggketball
basketlol
fagsketball
NBGAY 2k16
LeBron Gaymes
Stephen (wanksover)Furry
3 Point anal dildo
Tony Farter
Kevin Love theCock
Small(cock) forward
E'Twaun Poo-re

I don't know, but not a lot of people have a ps4 over here, and even less pay ps+ to play online. And playing against brazilians is impossible because lag is awful.
Also you can get used to the lag if you're playing fifa or some other game, but in basket where every second is key it's harder

That's why I play NBA 2k11
All by myself

Idgaf

Me too. Mycareer was doing so well up until this point, with all the fun stuff like virtual twitter and commercials. 2k15 was a bit of a hassle with the "you aint drafted" shit and 10 day contracts, but turned out alright in the end. But fuking 2k16. I don't fucking care about personal fucking drama. I mean cutscene of the player and his best friend randomly driving around that lasts 15 minutes and it turns out your player killed someone when they were younger.

What the fuck, I just want to play some basketball.

I'd rather a 2k11. This guys knows what's up

Do GMs really threaten to send their players overseas?

Just a sec, I need to find where my screenshot is

>I was expecting a fun career mode
it's for kids. career mode isn't for adults user. Just play myteam. that's allthe game is good for.

I just got the game for 12 bucks on steam sale, I had torrented it in october, felt it was time to play some online.

>giving a shit about the stupid ass kid story

cmon dude. it's fucking trash.

lol why would you just not torrent first? ur on pc

>player from Croatia
>Team Owner doesn't want me learning Croatian as second language

OKALY DOKALY, THANKS SPIKE

It was a dumb move by me, I've been a fan of NBA 2k since 2012 and didn't even think, as soon as it was out I bought it without even looking at reviews or let's plays or reading articles saying that Lee will fuck it's shit up.

I'm a dumbass, but I'll tell you one thing, I won't be doing that mistake again.

>tfw I also bought Watch_Dogs on release day

I could have had more fun stuffing 50 euros up my ass

One of the worst story modes I've ever played

They need to fix the fucking passing too. So many times I've tried to pass to a wide open dude, but instead I chuck it across the court to the guy behind him and get a turnover.

>playing my player
>not playing online or my league

You asked for it

They'll never fix that, passing has been fucked for years.

I remember playing 2k11 on my Wii.

That sure was...something.

2k14 was so much better if im honest

that's why i always use button passing or whatever it is called...directional passing is so fucked

Directional passing is too slow for fast breaks though, which makes the whole thing dicks.

How do you defend?
How do you know what plays you should be running?
I play this like a headless chicken running around everywhere

>you have to play 70 games minimum to get your player to the mid 70s

Damn, you have to play the game to get better at the game? Shit sucks bro. Try and ask for a refund.

Anyone?
There's no in game training mode either

Stick to your man or within the vicinity of him. It isn't always going to be perfect so you might end up in a zone situation where one of your teammates breaks off his assignment and you're stuck covering someone else. Basically 1. stick to your man and follow his ass everywhere 2. cover SOMEONE if you lose your man 3. dont fall for pumpfakes

What about offense? Just run around anywhere looking to be open?

You can turn on the play art, so it shows you on the floor where to stand, who to pass to, where to set picks, etc. Should be in the options menu.

Yeah basically but if you're a pg like me then just spam pick and rolls. I never run legit plays.

i agree with you, it is even worse when the endscore is basically 99-97 and the last team either pulls a 3 and wins or fucks it up and loses

Thanks, I'm a 6'7 SG because I read somewhere that was a good size+position

I could get over the black parents despite obviously being white, and the black twin sister. I'd just pretend she really wanted some and was into some kinky shit.

But everyone calling me Freq(freak) and frequency vibrations triggered me too much. I can't take it seriously, it's such a stupid nickname.

I can't even choose a qt tropy wife, and need to pick that ugly ass bitch? If they were going to do a story mode, at least give us some choices. It can't be that hard to program a few different models.

I did SG and always went up to pick for the PG and then called back for ball after he took off. like 75% of the time I would have a wide, or fairly wide, open jumper. Draining ~10 3s a game on average on hardest settings.

It's not hard at all, the hardest part is animation, after that you can just slap on models to it.

But they just had to fall for movie experience meme.

There's a lot they can do for career mode to make it fun, but forcing a specific storyline isn't one of those things.

Thanks for the tip

Exactly, and if you make them all the same height and build, there is no problem.

I went with a 6'4" point guard. Did I do it wrong?

I just spammed 3s and rebounded and blocked as a tall SG

only mypark is fun desu and even then it's pretty dead now and full of psplus free game of the month noobs now...playing with my 96 rated PF and going ham on streaks with my buddy isn't really entertaining anymore

myteam is OK but gets really repetitive

yeah lmao you'll get fucked by the mypark PG midgets

You can only blame 2k lazyness, or lack of a good game development director.

I wanted to go with my own height, but I thought 6'4 was too small for a SG.

the FIFA thing fucking triggers me, I've been wanting a fleshed out career mode for ages and now that we get one I'm forced to be another fucking nog.

Fair enough I understand not being able to change your name because they record commentary for Alex Hunter, but there's literally NO reason why you shouldn't be able to customize your player, even 2k does it.

mirin the beard

I would play nba 2k15 but it just wants to loop the intro spurs and heat game over and over. Tried every single suggestion multiple times and nothing. Some people say its installing but I let my ps4 on for 2 fucking days, I know its a 54gig game but ive downloaded and installed similar size games and it took a few hours tops. I bit my lip and started playing MC in 16, the spike lee stuff is absolute garbage, but after the 2nd season the only annoying thing is the announcer still calls you the nigger name.

Thanks

It's just stupid, sport games shouldn't restrict the players that much, it's not fucking Witcher.
And the fact that you have that muh struggle storyline all over again, that you're forced to play your first season in Premiership.

Why are they doing this? Why?. Just let me make my player, customize him, play games, and toss some cool shit to do aside, like commercials and magazines and shit in earlier 2k NBA's, don't force me to fucking live a life of personal drama

I bet you they pull some stupid shit like only letting you play for Arsenal, Liverpool, City or United since they're the only clubs with confirmed managers so far.

I'll take that bet and raise you a "dramatic storyline about your friend/gf/dad/mom fucking up something, that interfering with your form, coach sends you on loan somewhere else, you regroup and sort your shit out and return to your club stronger than ever"

>be me
>get 2Kwhatever fotr "free" from PS plus
>Pacer fan
>hitting all the spots the actual players are most efficient from
>Not hitting shit
>launch 3's with Monte
>SWISH
>uninstall

If you're going to be "realistic" then put in the fucking effort. I was missing wide open 18 footers with Turner. Mahimi had post moves, it was retarded.

That ugly fucking skank Yvette triggered me the most.

Also I think after the storyline shit mycareer is fun to play, but VC is bullshit I agree.

Monta and Gerald Green are MJ-tier in 2K

i hate it, i can already see they doing a stupid shit like you have to be a Winger/Attacking Midfielder.

How hard is to have your player, and then have some interactions with your team-mates and agent?

will the FIFA one have post game interviews to throw out some banter like 2k? might pick it up if so~

Too hard obviously, because on-rail movie experience is the flavor of the year.

Some interactions with the players, agents, your coach, press, maybe toss in a few optional training minigames for extra skill points, fuck, throw in a customizable aparment if you have too much time on your hands, just don't force some asswipe storyline and a preset character.

Yvette was the worst.

>In the end, son, its your choice whether to stay in college another year or enter the draft
lol nope, not a choice. You enter the draft. Also, you don't go #1 like Dom guaranteed. And who the fuck wanted to sign with that fucker in the first place?

Honestly, I'm kind of happy how difficult the game is. I agree that spending real-life shekels for in-game upgrades is fucked up, but let's ignore that for a second. I was playing NCAA 14 earlier today on All-American difficulty and beat the AI 72 to 14. So many sports games are just too damn easy. You never lose. I like how when I play 2K16, I sometimes lose. It gives playing a full season some meaning. There's tension, and the sense that I really need to play well to succeed. You just don't get that in any other sports games.

I remember a thread where some user simulated a franchise mode as far as it could go and posted screenshots of the champions, maps, etc. That shit was so great. Someone should do that again.

I'd do it. It'd probably take a fuckload of time to do though

Yes but you're forced to play as Alex "negro" Hunter so you'll either have the option of a boring natural comment or full on "WE WUZ KANGZ N SHIET"

>it gives playing a full season some meaning

Jeez there are people who actually play through all 82 games? I know you need the VC but fuck I get bored halfway through the season and just sim to playoffs

Do it. I remember the bucks had a dynasty in like the 2030s. Shit was hilarious

>start 2k GM mode
>takes me 2 years to complete a season because I'm too autistic to sim games

everytime

>tfw still no good basketball management sims

Anyone else gets raped by shitty players? Amare Stoudemire is better than fucking Wilt Chamberlain in this game god damn

at least in 2k16 they fixed the insane amount of ORBs the AI would snag from 2k15

i think they only have 70s wilt.

60s wilt would be best.

I remember someone from some site simmed a made dozens of draftclasses with players who had 0 for all abilities and tendencies. Was absolutely hilarious once he turned out with an entire league of players from draft classes. I think Nerlens Noel had 12 MVPs but never won a ring kek.

It's supposed to last you all year. And some people do just play it religiously, just like people who only play 1 FPS all year.

sbnation.com/nba/2014/6/3/5772796/nba-y2k-series-finale-the-death-of-basketball

Worth a read if anyone hasn't yet. Guy knows how to break sports games.

>In 2018, the year after his second term ended, Barack Obama remains the President of the United States. He has clearly abolished Constitutional term limits, and God knows what else with it.

Cant wait for NBA 2k18 with President Trump

Jon Bois is a legend

>there are idiots on Sup Forums who downloaded this for free this month on PS+ but then bought a bunch of 2KBUCKS
>every day i load it up theres a new "sale"
>always 2-3 things they tell me to spend money on
>falling for the bait

>steam refunds are only for 1 hour after launching the game
>making it thru several games and cutscenes
>claiming to have gotten all this done within an hour and got a refund

nice try cuckation

I just buy MT from people on steam for cheap. 1mil for 7 bucks is that dank dank