Soundcloud thread?

Soundcloud thread?

I'm a garbage hip-hop, trap, beatmaker and could use some criticism.

Feel free to post your own stuff. I'll listen to anything, but I'm mostly into rap/trap/some house/future bass and shit like that
soundcloud.com/loqi_music/loqi-og-bobby-johnson-flip

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/tvko/tvko-id/s-n5V2d
soundcloud.com/rxmusicproduction/original-beat-previews
soundcloud.com/dj_gomixx/dr-ratz-trap-lab-instrumental
soundcloud.com/marspluto/wokeaf/s-Gapl7
soundcloud.com/neuroticdax
soundcloud.com/tvko/futureswag/s-8heh9
soundcloud.com/squam0/safety
soundcloud.com/pseua/oceanside-road
youtube.com/watch?v=x7i-ucCCamk
soundcloud.com/loqi_music/helden-sterben-nicht
youtube.com/watch?v=Pws_fyobi6o
soundcloud.com/averagejoseph/maybe-this-is-better
youtube.com/watch?v=fvdac55xTY8
youtube.com/watch?v=fawLMt81vGM
soundcloud.com/kickthecan/sets/ktc-mix-2016
youtube.com/watch?v=99ZVYUcBcVc&spfreload=10
soundcloud.com/tvko/guitarfaded/s-FcOXr
youtube.com/watch?v=xcCkEM0zMkE
youtube.com/watch?v=MDBGm4iUboM
soundcloud.com/tempered_temper
youtube.com/watch?v=KpdVgKRj6pE
soundcloud.com/iamtheprojectpanda
soundcloud.com/mobiusdisco/awake/s-BWRkQ
soundcloud.com/karolchesus
soundcloud.com/chuck_sutton
soundcloud.com/adrian-lamphier/emblem
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

www.soundcloud.org/junkmusic2012/
Hope u hate it as much as I do

any one in particular?

All of them

soundcloud.com/tvko/tvko-id/s-n5V2d

wait are these all at least 3 years old? Do you not produce anymore?

Not personally a fan of bounce, but this definitely sounds totally on par with other bounce artists. How long you been around

thanks man, been producing since the 11th grade but only started taking it seriously and devoting time and $$ into it this year, ill bounce another track and swing it your way

No I stopped working alone in a tiny city that I didn't know, now I actually sometimes do things with my free time
It was ultimately a timewaster anyways, it's called junkmusic for a reason, my goal with that account was to go from googling "how to make music on a laptop" to actually doing it for fun

I make a lot of shit, but here's my rap / hip hop beats
soundcloud.com/rxmusicproduction/original-beat-previews

hey OP, I'm starting to work on getting more into production so I too can make sick beats for fun

Any useful suggestions or techniques? anything on mixing and mastering? I'd like for it to at least sound good enough to be posted

BusyWorksBeats
ZenWorld

that's all you need, have fun.

Mixing and Mastering:
- Dont bother mastering your own shit, pay someone else to do it
- Buy a good pear of Bose headphones around the $400~ mark, or buy studio monitors. Take breaks every 20 minutes to refresh your ears

Yea it's definitely something I enjoy now whenever I get the inspiration. Really I just watched tutorials on things I wasn't sure about and always look for cool sounds until I can figure out sound design. The mixing and mastering part is my next step after sound design :)

I like your beats.
You sell yours or just produce?

Here's My newest.
soundcloud.com/dj_gomixx/dr-ratz-trap-lab-instrumental

>Paying money to make your music slightly less shitty instead of just making good music
>Bose
>Fucking Bose

soundcloud.com/marspluto/wokeaf/s-Gapl7

newest one im currently working on. would appreciate any and all feedback

I Just produce for fun.
That beats pretty nice, i really like the style.

i lold at bose too

You're actually retarded. Do you even know what mastering is? Fucking idiot.

Will Sparks, Carnage, Mark Sixma - All mix with Bose headphones.

Thanks man. Do you collab at all?

You actually believe bose is good for studio work don't you?
Why don't you just buy some beats, they're "studio" beats right bruh?

No, last time I did it didn't really get anywhere, but that was about 2 years ago. I would be interested though.

Counter my recommendation then faggot. "studio beats" lol'd, even a 6 year old downy kid knows beats are trash

inb4

> HURR DURR AUDIO TECHNICA

I am an audio engineer and in my spare time or for practice i dismantle songs and re-record them trying to get as close to the original with as few real life instruments as possible for practice

so far my soundcloud soundcloud.com/neuroticdax is just a portfolio of random bits but hopefully when i get around to writing my own shit that will be on there too

>$400 Bose headphones
>not $400 monitors, not $200 actual studio headphones
You dumb fuck

Same here. I'm getting super inspired by Taylor McFerrin right now. I need to create something now. I'm loving the music that's being created these days.

ATH-M50s are fucking garbage and never let anyone tell you otherwise.
I prefer beyerdynamics or sennheisers, but all headphones are objectively inferior to even medium priced monitors

most mastering tech's dont use headphones at all because the impulse response is totally different...just putting that out there

Here's another

soundcloud.com/tvko/futureswag/s-8heh9

soundcloud.com/yungautism

joke rapper

soundcloud.com/squam0/safety
Made this on my birthday when I got all sad and shit. It's in 7/8

There's no such thing as good studio headphones that look cool. This is a fact

audeze?

Sup Forums is a better place for this thread buddy

soundcloud.com/pseua/oceanside-road
Chill
Actual chill
Beach vibes
BONUS

Sup Forums is never a better place to talk about music

You think he can afford a $4000 pair of monitors? I recommended headphones for a reason. He's a beginner, not fucking Maarten Voorwerk

$400 monitors wont get you far.

> $200 actual studio monitors
talks shit and still doesnt make a recommendation of any sort. shut the fuck up.

"Look cool"
Who the fuck cares what they look like, its about the actual functionality you idiot.

True, idk where you're from, but decent, mid-range monitors start at $500 per monitor. More efficient to do the basics on headphones, then rent out a studio and do the final touches there.

Shits Dope send me some ya tracks to spit on man [email protected]

Soundcloud.com/ronniescholarship

I have a pair of lcd2s and they look amazing

He can afford a $300 pair of mackies or even be a tryhard and get $500 KRK monitors

I've just contracted full blown aids from this thread

>"mixing on headphones is bad"
>"bose is trash"
>"cool looking headphones"

im out

Any monitors over $200 will sound better than any headphones under $400

um the monitors we use at the studio are like £130 and they're pretty damn good tbh

its more about weather you set them up properly or not

But Bose is bad for studio work and for price per sound quality monitors beat headphones into the dirt

Here is the said lcd2s and i modded them to be a headset lol

Tjat is 1100$ headset and works amazing

Sure, I'll shill for ye
youtube.com/watch?v=x7i-ucCCamk

Bose is trash...

Audeze for life

Hey guys, do you synthesise your own drums and stuff? Or do you use like, samples, or sounds from a 303? If you do synthesise them, how do you do it?

I was kinda hoping this thread would get me at least 1 play before it 404'd

Fingers still crossed :i

soundcloud.com/loqi_music/helden-sterben-nicht

youtube.com/watch?v=Pws_fyobi6o

To actual sounds engineers and producers Bose is literally as big of a joke as beats
You can't go wrong with those one cheap Sony headphones that I forgot that were "the" studio headphones for well over a decade

All Samples, I've made my own samples before, but prefer to just use pre made.

oh fuck im sleeping. my playcount just didn't update. appreciate the follows and love fam

ur all shite

soundcloud.com/averagejoseph/maybe-this-is-better

youtube.com/watch?v=fvdac55xTY8

Sorry just cant get into it...

I steal them from the Internet. Apart from certain one-shots like drums, I feel like I'm cheating if I don't change or affect a sample in some form. Even classic drum machine sounds get boring eventually

youtube.com/watch?v=fawLMt81vGM

mix i put together of some of my favorites
soundcloud.com/kickthecan/sets/ktc-mix-2016

chill/dubstep/hip-hop/electronic randomness
posted this to my facebook and none of my friends liked it : " () feelsbadman. hopefully i'll have better luck on /b

Np fam i like yo shit

youtube.com/watch?v=99ZVYUcBcVc&spfreload=10

Just because sound engineers made it doesnt mean its good. I mean bose oe beats can be purposely made to simulate better quauality than whats to be expected from the shit hardware they used to toss into them you moron. These big names pay people to polish a turd. Now pull you head out of your ass noob

This one is hip hop ish

But I'm super into sound and sample editing, to the point where I torture myself by using Renoise for sample editing
Pro tip: Renoise + your preffered DAW (using Rewire) is godly for sample-heavy editing

These were exactly my feelings, that's why I asked.
How did you make them?

Right now, I use sunvox, and it's sampler allows me to draw the wave for the sound I want to produce. I synthesise using the fm and a series of filters, but I haven't a clue how to do drums.

I've been using phillips sch-2000's for the last year and a half and for mixing its fine really blows bose and beats outta the water for £40 or less

Give this a listen, probs my best work to date

soundcloud.com/tvko/guitarfaded/s-FcOXr

youtube.com/watch?v=xcCkEM0zMkE

mixing on headphones is not as good as monitors
case and point in no good engineer ever using headphones. bono doesn't even use headphones to monitor himself while he records, he demands speakers set up and phase cancellation because he refuses to use headphones

for all you bedroom artists out there, here you go

god tier: yamaha ns10ms (last i checked they were going for 1k per speaker in aus)

good tier: rokit krk's (preferably 8's of course but depending on finances go 6's or even 5's if you have to)

acceptable tier: i use audioengine 5+ and they're ok. good if you're poor

shit tier: everything else

don't forget, basing monitors on how good they sound is fucking retarded

I just record them, then edit them using whatever i find fits best for that sound in my DAW

i like, scrolling through the song, the harmonics stay the same, maybe put in some effects chains near the drop and in the middle cause its a little boring (dry)

also the drum patterns are tight but maybe have the snare and kick meld into other snares and kicks for interesting variation (for example have claps fade in near the end)

KRK rokits are for tryhards who don't know what sounds good and can't find a better deal

Not once did I say headphones were better than monitors. I simply recommended heaphones because:

1. HES A FUCKING BEGINNER
2. Cost

AAAAANNNNNDDD last but not least, what you've all been waiting for. KK SLIZ MOTHA FUCKAAAAA
youtube.com/watch?v=MDBGm4iUboM

its mainly just percussion though btw

Lcd2s like mine are good for sampling or doing mixing

Aight thanks fam

but if you HAVE to use headphones,

beyerdynamic dt770 pros are incredible

>soundcloud.com/tvko/guitarfaded/s-FcOXr

too much high end, your eq'ing is off. by the middle of the song the guitar is just hurting your ears. even just having a lowpass filter cutoff the high and sweeping down would make it sick and lessen ear fatigue at some points. On a good note, the kick is very punchy and speaks through the mix well.

Yeah they are, 880s are better because they're open but 770s are a real solid choice. 990s aren't worth it

soundcloud.com/tempered_temper

>recommending $200 headphones
>monitors are too expensive
>not shilling for bose

do you see why what you're saying makes literally no fucking sense

Seriously. All you'll get is info on why kanye west is great.

i used to make some weird music videos to my music. lemme know what you think, theres others on this page if you like : )

youtube.com/watch?v=KpdVgKRj6pE

Here, i'm not that pro like most of you guys around here, but i create some shit. Mostly trap shit. I just posted a new track some hours ago. I'm accepting advices too! I'm having some problem in reach my public.
soundcloud.com/iamtheprojectpanda

I program them. But im pretty new to music production of any kind. I'm the youtube link guy btw. I've been playing piano for a little over a year.

I am fairly happy with this as a rough demo.
indie/synth pop

soundcloud.com/mobiusdisco/awake/s-BWRkQ

>soundcloud.com/tempered_temper
this is definetely some noob shit, but its relaxing i'll give you that.

nice meme

>sampling or doing mixing

i hope you mean mixing like mixing tracks in daw's not like a dj, for the sake of your bank account...

soundcloud.com/karolchesus

Im ok i think

But they are, you can find monitors just as good for at least $100 less

soundcloud.com/chuck_sutton

i make trap influenced stuff but i try not to be generic with it, just made some new artwork today

>soundcloud.com/iamtheprojectpanda
good production, a little loose in terms of where your going with the sounds (like seems kinda random and not very thought out) but otherwise pretty tight. any vocals that remind me of adele is a turnoff tho : /

Definitely delivered on the weird. Reminds me of Oizo, but not as talented obviously. (still p good)

First song i ever made lol they do get better if you check a few different links I posted. I literally just use stock FL studios. never learned anything about it, just fucking whacked away.

i personally wouldn't mix on open headphones because bass loss blah blah blah, but if you know how what you're doing will sound on other stuff, go for it. closed is "better" for mixing because the amount of people who are going to be listening on open headphones compared to closed is a very small minority

at the end of the day you can make whatever the fuck you want work, i have a friend who will listen to a track in his car before he finalises it because he knows what his car sounds like and how it will sound on ipod headphones, when he's performing it (dj), etc

however that being said, there's a reason that ns10m's using cut up power cables as the leads is the gold standard

I'm
I still trying to fit in a genre yet. I'm kinda studying it, basically i make some kind of hybrid.

Everyone should finalize their music on all their sound systems available, that's common knowledge

soundcloud.com/adrian-lamphier/emblem

i make some okay stuff, most recent is my favorite rn. its electric kinda stuff. FLstudio kinda stuff