Are these the only patrician electronic albums?

Are these the only patrician electronic albums?

Don't start thinking with the mindset of patrician vs plebian your friends will hate you and it's a stupid fucking thing to think

trust me on this, just enjoy music man

No, they're just the ones that the Sup Forums circlejerk is aware of

don't trust anything that has an alec empire album on it

/thread

Delete yourself

Alive 2007

no rdj
only one autechre album
DROPPED

yes

>Dizee Rascal in hip hop

this fucking board man

Fatboy Slim, You've come a long way baby

Jamie xx you fag

>ONLY patrician albums
>Die Mensch Machine instead of Autobahn
>The White Room instead of Chill Out
>Rossz csillag alatt született istead of Horse and Goat
>on a second thought >Venetian Snares at all
And so on

hip hop is still electronic

the only patrician electronic album there is 94diskont.

You're so damn cool for typing the german title. Holy shit upvoted.

>listening to Kraftwerk in English
ISHYGDDT

>EDM

>posting the edited version of this made by some /rym/ regular that has Vladislav Delay/Luomo on top and bottom because they're terrible at trolling rym patricians

Ame did that, he liked the glitch releases but said his house album was pleb.

>Solex
:^)

Scooter, holy fucking shit hahaha

>Autobahn is more patrician then Die Mensch Machine

top wew f a m

Ame is a fucking idiot it's embarrassing that people still parrot them

I'd probably pick Better Living Through Chemistry but yeah, Fatboy should be on there

Orbital 2 should be on there also, as should Dead Cities, Beaucoup Fish, Second Toughest in the Infants, and Fat of the Land
I understand wanting to keep variety in artists though

I mean most of these are great albums but don't toss the word patrician on anything remotely good. What the fuck are these entry level jokes f.am.

Klaus Schulze and Eno are up there, Kraftwerk is up there... gud... I'm sure there's some other great stuff up there that I don't recognize,
but the Knife? RJD2? Massive Attack? Burial? Royksopp? Chemical Brothers? These are some early 2000s soundtrack memes, lovem but goddamn. Except Burial, Burial is shit.

Where's muh fuggin Aphex Twin???????? Autechre????? DJ Shadow even?? Those were the guys pushing the game forward. Missing Giorgio Moroder, Jean Jacques Perry, Stockhausen, Bjork should definitely count if the Knife counts. Obviously not much dance music in there but that could be its own chart.

Damn gud albums (mostly) on that chart, not patrician. I should stop using that word it triggers muh rage

I take some of that back already. I dunno, Trip Hop can't be patrician that's all.

and Phaedra is Tangerine Dream not Klaus Schulze (who is notably missing then) my bad

You're wrong m8. There is patrician music and there is plebeian music. The true man of taste picks ones he enjoys in both on their own merits.

why do you have to divide music into two camps though?
why can't you just say something like, 'find the merits in the music you enjoy'
you don't always have to say 'for a pop album, x is pretty good'
it can just be a good album

>patrician
>you may or may not enjoy listening to this but it will deepen your understanding of music, its form, and its history

>not-patrician
>everything else

>>on a second thought >Venetian Snares at all

I guess yeah, if you define patrician as such
I always think of it as a synonym for elitist or pretentious
most people tend to use the word in reference to things that are just hard to get into

also, if you can't see how what you define as non-patrician music also informs musical history and understanding then you're just being ignorant

I get the impression that those are the only albums on the chart you've actually listened to, and your thoughts on the rest are either half-baked or nonexistent

>why do you have to divide music into two camps though?
>why can't you just say something like, 'find the merits in the music you enjoy'
I do find merit in both average music and more extraordinary ones. Its just like any other art, there is stuff that's good bit complacent and stuff that is wildly creative and also good.

>most people tend to use the word in reference to things that are just hard to get into
Yeah, that's what the term is mostly used for. It started ad a joke but newfags took it seriously. Anyway, most "hard to get into" stuff is both lazy and of low quality, so that's a retarded merit to judge shit off. Like if I ever met someone who claimed the residents were better than the beatles id probably just laugh for a couple of minutes then walk away.

I think we're agreeing at base level

obviously some music is better than other music and has more worth, however you define it, to society and music as an artform

I just hate the way patrician has turned into a term that's used seriously

>obviously some music is better than other music and has more worth,

Wew

where's the donk

>posting an old chart
The new chart has good electronic albums, instead of only p4k shit

Digable Planets is patrician nog music

you intentionally out the qualifying statement just to incite controversy
>to society and music as an artform

some guy noodling around on a keyboard in his basement is not as good as prince playing purple rain

Maybe I didn't quote it in full, but I disagree with the full statement regardless, the guy noodling around on his keyboard is not good according to who?
How does one quantify improvements for society or the artform as a whole?

well okay then
if you wanna get philosophical
everything is subjective
no one thing is better than another

what I meant was something along the lines of
some guy noodling around on his keyboard does not have an impact on society at large
he's not recording it, it won't be heard by anyone except maybe his upstairs neighbor
even if it's a fantastic jam, it's ephemeral

a landmark symphony transcribed into sheet music or a recording of such a song is going to be more accessible to more people and, as such, will have more societal worth

Aesthetics is a subfield of philosophy though, of course not everything is subjective, but I don't really see how one could form objective value judgements of art though.

How would societal worth be defined if not as mere popularity? And I very much doubt even you would consider that correct.

I don't think I'm qualified or knowledgeable enough to define societal worth as a concept
I can only speak in terms of comparisons
I know that basically nullifies everything I've said but I'm trying to do the best with what I have

of course I don't believe that worth is simply correlated to popularity
popularity is simply mass recognition
ask anyone who Jonas Salk was and you'll probably get blank stares from most people, yet his value to society in creating the polio vaccine is invvaluable

>no Musique concrete
>no EAI / Onkyo
>no Turntable / tape music
>no Electronic rock crossover
>no Drone
>no Noise
>no Industrial
>no EBM

shit list