What does Sup Forums think of Black Sabbath?

Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=amwQytRNvEw
youtube.com/watch?v=CJgHn7MeAwc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

One of my favorite groups, and the album you posted is their best. Personally I've always been disappointed that they never made more music similar to Planet Caravan, as I think that is far and away the best song they ever made. Anyone know any bands who make stuff similar to it?

Tied with King Crimson as my favorite band. Extremely important. They single handedly debuted an entire genre. Paranoid was the first CD I ever owned and it will always have a special place in my heart.

Heaven & Hell, Mob Rules, and Dehumanizer are very solid albums. Born Again is not that great. The Ozzy era (minus Technical Ecstasy) was great too, but Sup Forums talks about it all the time.

Have you listened to Zeitgeist off of 13?
That's definitely in the same vein.

And to answer your question, OP, they're fucking great. I saw them twice when they came to my area over the past few years.
Fuck, one of them was actually recorded for their "The End" EP.

I haven't really seen anybody shit talk Black Sabbath on Sup Forums which can't really be said about many bands/albums.

More internet music for non-self-actualized, peer approval-starved people who still think it's funny to repeat Sup Forums memes. epic lulz #winning #swag #no original thoughts

I've not, but now I have something to start my bike ride home with. Anyone else in Philly getting killed by the SEPTA strike?

s/t to Vol. 4 is classic, and almost everything up to Mob Rules is more or less solid.

They're one of the best there is.

You sound like a huge noob, though.

more like a huge doob

Black sabbath is pretty good. I really started getting interested in them after hearing planet caravan which sort of changed my perception of them.

Black Sabbath are fucking great, pretty much the godfathers of doom metal...

I've never really bothered with the Dio era stuff, not a fan of his vocals... And I haven't really heard any of the newer stuff... is it good?

I've been on Sup Forums for a while. I was just curious on everyone's opinion, as they got me into music 4-5 years ago.

I started really payin attention to music with that album, fuckin great. Ozzy era (minus TD&NSD) are by far my favs, also like H&H in the Dio era.
This one means alot to me, literally made me what i am today.

Also, i agree with user , Planet Caravan is the BEST BS song.

>pretty much the godfathers of doom metal...
They ARE the godfathers of ALL metal

paranoia is an awsome song i still play with my dad sometimes

truth

All of their early albums are great, but s/t is like a blueprint of all metal music.

Patrician dadrock
Sweet ass guitar, bass and drum tone on Paranoid
A good example of musicians working together perfectly and make great music together. Some weird chemistry going on at their early records.
In the Ozzy era they had their own unique sound and defined metal, when Dio came they just went with the flow.

Iommi is a fucking genius.

first 4 albums are classics worthy of all the hype they get

the rest is good

They literally invented 3 genres during their career. Doom metal, (proto) metal and heavy metal. I don't see how anyone can hate them.

Pretty fucking killer. Obviously tapped into something special at the beginning and their curse/blessing remains with us to this day....

They got a little bloated and gassed at the end...by the time VH was blowing them off the stage it was over for the original alchemy.

Heaven and Hell is a very underrated album...

Sup Forums doesn't directly discuss Sabbath a whole lot. But from time to time you get threads like this where the posts are (literally) unanimously in favor of the band.

Ah, Sup Forums's love for sabbath makes me happy.

Sabbath is just one of those bands that everyone appreciates

I wish people appreciated Deep Purple as much as Sabbath. They were both monumentally influential and great in their own right

possibly the most likable band ever

are there many other bands like that? led zeppelin probably.. can't think of much else.

Will always remain my favourite album of theirs. I absolutely dig the bluesy sound that they lost a bit later on. Ozzy's voice sounds great here, The Wizard is such a fun song and I'd like to nominate the long solo in The Warning as one of the GOAT guitar solos.

I still find it insane that Symptom of the Universe was released in 1976. So ahead of their time

That solitude is their best song

m.youtube.com/watch?v=amwQytRNvEw

Sabbath did melancholy so well

Their whole career was a downhill slide since they never surpassed the opening track on their debut album

Does anyone know of any other bands that make music like this? this track is one of my all time favourites.

But it was still a nice ride.

>implying they didnt make 6 masterpieces in a row

Vol 4> s/t> Master of Reality> Sabbath Bloody Sabbath> Mob Rules> Paranoid> Sabotage> Heaven and Hell

Objective

WHAT IS THIS THAT CLAWS BEFORE ME

Heaven and Hell is way better than Mob Rules

Heaven and Hell was pretty boring for me, Mob Rules spiced shit up at the end of the band's life cycle and DIO is a pretty good singer.

Born Again is awesome. I wish Gillan had stuck around for another album or two. such a fun atmosphere on that record

I can't justify paranoid that low, sure it's their most "mainstream" but every track on the album is great imo, not a dull moment

>DIO is a pretty good singer.

you do realize he sang on Heaven and Hell...right?

This song alone is worth H&H:

youtube.com/watch?v=CJgHn7MeAwc

Paranoid has some good tracks but honestly I got bored with about half of them, whereas, with the ones above it in my rating list I enjoyed well over half of the tracks.
Yeah, I forgot, I haven't listened to their later albums in a while but I remember enjoying Mob Rules a lot more than Heaven and Hell.

they're pretty good

I can't believe that their debut is almost fucking 50 years old.

i saw them live in 2004 and they put on a good show

it is weird how when ozzy talks you cant understand him but he can sing fine

Everything from the first album to Born Again is GOAT. Not interested in anything after that!