Thoughts on grizzly bear?

Thoughts on grizzly bear?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vb8MP3j-w2A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Kinda boring desu but they're alright

Nu-male core

Very by the numbers indie rock group. they're not bad, just not particularly interesting.

Its fucking amazing anybody still brings them up, in the sense that they are very, very dated. They were really hyped back in the day but it really isnt as good as everyone thought when veckatimest dropped. They make Radiohead esque tasteless artrock, like there's no real substance to any of their albums but they seem to think if they add another choir section or an 'abstract' lyric that doesn't even mean anything it becomes artistic. They are skilled technically but kind of uncreative. Its tasteless and aged poorly. Still, they were among my favorites in high school so I owe it to them for "getting me into" music. I still have a shirt lying around probably.

It seemed like they were going to be one of the greatest bands of the 2000's-2010's with Yellow House. 'Fraid not.

I'd agree if it weren't for Yellow House. That album is a straight up classic on all accounts. There are moments on that album that have me in complete awe. But yeah, other than that, they're pretty dull.

They aren't great but they're not "by the numbers". You'd have to be a complete retard with no music knowledge to think otherwise

Boring, cant make it though an entire album without losing interest

foreground is good

Grizzly bear is for depressed art students and i mean that in the worst way possible

>They make Radiohead esque tasteless artrock

It seems you're talking about Wilco all the way through, because Grizzly Bear don't make what you're describing at all, they've made pop music with folsky and psych undertones through their entire career

This is what I'm aiming for.

Stop basing genres off pitchfork m8 its not 2010 anymore. After yellow house they dropped all folk shit and started making folkrock on the pop side but not flat out pop

they sounded so good in 2010, but they no longer interest me. not really their fault, just kinda how the evolution of culture works.

What is this supposed to mean?

You don't need Pitchfork to figure out they make pop music

You desperately need to learn basic music theory if you can't even identify genres

Yet fleet foxes and bon iver are still kicking around and talked about when they are just as dated. Why?

my theory is that the bears took way too long of a victory lap after veckatimest and faded into irrelevancy

Gbs last album is more recent than fleet foxes bon iver was older as well anf was still talked about before this new one came out

My theory is out of the big """"""chill"""""" Indie bands grizzly bear didn't have an image of being le folk authentic that bands like bon iver had so it kind of was forgotten for it

Yellow House is in my top 3 albums of all time. Veckatimest is just okay, but Shields is terrible. Don't have high hopes for lp5.

fuckin kek

What on earth does music theory have to do with this, especially on the context of modern pop/rock genres with similar qualities? Listen to Two Weeks or While You Wait for the Others or Yet Again or Sleeping Ute. Pop music.

music to match his desired A E S T H E T I C

Daniel rossen is the most talented member

youtube.com/watch?v=Vb8MP3j-w2A

I agree

Yellow House is fantastic, everything else is bland tbqhf

Very underrated/not spoken about on Sup Forums but they can be a bit boring.

We've been over this: no '00s rock band ever lived up to the hype.