Can I make an album at home? What equipment do I need?

Can I make an album at home? What equipment do I need?

Other urls found in this thread:

musicindustryhowto.com/how-to-record-your-first-song-from-home-cheaply-the-basics-for-beginners/
youtube.com/watch?v=4vT5lr8JDnI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

a tape recorder some pots and a harpsichord

A vocal
A computer
A DAW
A Synthesizer
A Guitar
A Amplifier

musicindustryhowto.com/how-to-record-your-first-song-from-home-cheaply-the-basics-for-beginners/

This is pretty good

Talent

a decent laptop, an audio interface, some SM57's, a midi controller and a torrent program
you would be amazed at how much you can do with just this and your instruments

Dont listen to these fucking virgin losers telling you to get this and that all you need is DR DRUM
youtube.com/watch?v=4vT5lr8JDnI

I have to be a member in order to read the full article.

Depends on kind of music
Actually you'll need a computer and a midi controller to start with and that's it, the software of course not to forget

Sorry dude. You need talent for that

That's solid advice, thanks. Any reason for getting a notebook instead of a PC ?
How much RAM are we talking about?

You can also make an album without any talent or skill.

I don't know shit about any of this hardware stuff, but don't give up if you can't procure the "necessary" materials. Varg recorded on the worst hardware he could find and made Filosofem. The Car Seat Headrest guy used a laptop mic to make Twin Fantasy.

Microphones, a 4-track reel-to-reel home recorder and instruments

Do not use the digital jew

Idk, depends on the music you want to make, the quality and stuff
You can already make some music with 1 GIg and a singl core processor but the question is if it's good...

It's not about what "the others" have made and stuff, we talk about absolute answers.

And what about the drums? I'm supposing I'm going to a real studio for that, right?

A DAW and good drum samples can do wonders

Bump

>a 4 track
Lol

This.

Made this music at home.
>www.reverbnation.com/sundreamgun

Mac, Studio One came with my Firestudio Project...chords, some microphones.

>pic related

What you memed by this?