Today my car got repaired at local dealership and i payed fuking 1500€

Today my car got repaired at local dealership and i payed fuking 1500€.

What car does Sup Forums drive? and whats the most you gave for repairs.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!j9AlBDgC!0UcB-FS6A5ENFhQwY2uysQL_uFhhDM5Z4GKGzrylKX4
a.cocaine.ninja/zxjlyh.zip
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mechanicfag here, obviously I pay nothing for repairs but what did you get done? I'll tell you if you got ripped off or got a good deal.

Mine. In Switzerland, you get ripped off at every turn. I expect paying much more than you for the same problem.

Cranckshaft pulley + belts + waterpomp + cooling flush

If you own a BMW I dunno what the fuck you were expecting when you took it to get serviced, BMW likes to jew their customers

Anyway I drive a 1991 Toyota Celica, I have only had to spend like 1000 or so AUD for an overhaul of the shocks and the clutch. This work was all done at a small shop though so I don't get jew'd by the stealerships

I hope you got that tyre replaced.

>2016
>not doing your own maintenance for a fraction of the price.

If it was the main dealer then you paid the right price by there standards but an independent garage could have saved you a lot. There nothing in that list that's hard to do.

I have a 2015 vw golf r and it was 1700 dollars to replace my windshield.

I drive an 04 Ford Taurus for my work car. I do the repairs myself and have never spent more than $200 at a time. It's all been fairly minor but as soon as the engine or transmission goes I'm screwed. Hopefully I can get something different later this year.

Did they give any reason why? Is there sensors or wiring built in?

Used to drive an old 2001 Volvo s40. I put in so much money into that car. Engine ran great but other small shit would fuck up on it. Window motors, ceiling upholstery, seats would stain easily, had a major problem with engine knock, mutliple hose leaks.

I drive a 2016 Nissan Altima now. It feels luxurious.

That's an expensive ass window repair... does it have heat coils or IR sensors?

Then your mummy and daddy should have bought you a cheaper car to have worked on.

Crank pulley=harmonic balancer?

>08' saturn astra
>technically German model bought by GM to sell under saturn name in US
>didn't know this until I met some German dude in a bar
>fast forward a couple weeks, battery shits out
>they used some kind of fucked up bolt system, had to go to 3 different places to try to get the battery out
>last place ended up saying fuck it and broke it out with a wrench
>fast forward again a couple months
>tax time, looking at a modest $600 return
>car starts to chug
>take it to auto shop
>"Yeah, looks like your engines coil pack is bad. Its a european engine, so the parts are kind of expensive. Labor wont cost you anything though, luckily. That'll be $570 for the part and $30 in labor."
>tfw no face can describe how sad I was to not get a tax return
>I hate my car

that low quality bait

Is that similar to a vauxhall astra?

i dont complain... :/
yes its dealer
No. google it.
low Q bait .. go back to 9gag
if u own a BMW a nigga gets things done by slaves.

2005 Honda Civic checking in

Most I've paid for repairs is my $500 deductible

Paid ~$750 at most for preventative maintenance though (timing belt n stuff)

Just googled it, yes it's pretty much the same. Apparently in Germany it's an opel astra according to the German guy I talked to.

They are so easy to work on. I feel bad you spent so much getting that coil fixed. It's such a cheap part and literally a 5 min job to fix. You probably could have got one shipped from Europe for a lot less.

Current car is a peugeot 207, I just rotate with buying shit cars for under £3000 because mechanics charge $400-$600 an hour here so it's cheaper to sell the car for parts and buy a different one instead of ever trying to fix problems.

BMW or not, it's far more satisfying to do the work yourself. Plus I don't trust "slaves" enough to do a good job.

Believe me, the mechanic and I both looked into getting g o e direct from europe. The problem with that was it cost almost as much with shipping and it would take like 4 weeks to get here. I needed the car immediately for work so I had to just bite the bullet.

9730 So this got into the local news and I have the vid.. Please don't blackmail her First name: Daniel Link to download: 1) mega.nz/#!j9AlBDgC!0UcB-FS6A5ENFhQwY2uysQL_uFhhDM5Z4GKGzrylKX4 2) a.cocaine.ninja/zxjlyh.zip Files are auto removed after 100 downloads

Never trust a slave

Fuck. If you've still got it then it might be worth planning ahead and buying one or two things from over here, a months delivery isn't such a problem when you don't need it.

This thing, only mine has a less metalic and far more cancerous colouring.

sexy

Oh and I don't spend much on repairs, had several accidents but never took it anywhere. Once had to change the battery and that was 150 euros.

The Blue Civic.
j/k but the Jetta is mine, from the picture.

I remember one time working on a customers car, it was a rover citicar basically a rebadged tata piece of shit. It needed rear wheel bearings, we had to order from tata in India, took two weeks and cost a fortune. When it came it had made in the uk on the box.

Topchuckle

You wanna know what makes the situation even more heartbreakingly hilarious? I just googled the part for the hell of it and they're going for around $50-$70 today.

I don't pay for repairs. I'm not an idiot jew and learnt mechanic reading books and watching repairs in the repair shop so I know how to repair my shit even if it's not a car. Also I drive a fiat uno turbo with the engine swapped from a Toyota starlet gt. 4efte

not very exciting but its super comfy and its great for long journeys and its never needed actual repairs, only normal servicing and renewal of things that wear out, brake pads, tyres, air con gas etc

2007 ford Mondeo uk spec. Took a week to figure out where the auction plug in was. It's located in the glove box and not labeled. It's just a hole you have figure out is the auxiliary plug.

Its probably the most common fault on those vehicles. Gm should give you a spare when you buy the car because it will break sooner or later.

It's been a good while since I've had any problems with it since then. I have a feeling that my struts might be going out now though and I'm scared to even look up the parts.

2015 Silverado
Only Paid for oil changes so far

You could see if there is any owners clubs, someone might know somewhere you could get them cheaper. You could possibly find someone else looking for parts that you could do a deal with to make an order from Europe, you'll get a discount for price and delivery on a bulk order.

Daily driver is a 2000 Plymouth Neon, but I also have an '87 Dakota with a 360 V8 and picture related.

1973 Plymouth Roadrunner, 318 V8.

Not bait. If you actually bought that car yourself... you wouldn't be crying about the maintenance.

Except the repairs cost more than your piece of shit car. I'd rather catch the bus

Only decent cars here

>vauxhall astra
In Brazil it's GM Vectra GT.

2008 Saab 9-3 trubo x sport combi most payed is 1600$ for total service when i first got it, change ALL fluids, new cv axle, 3 ignition coils, evap purge valve, rear main diff seal. Most ridiculous was when I paid 700$ for 2 fried wires lol.... a Wire harness melted and shorted on my turbo and disabled the whole car, no way to diagnose with computer, gotta find prpblem by hand, so I payed 700$ for labor and 40$ for parts lol.

New rear brake pads too.

I only ever buy french, because I'm french.

That's not a bad idea. I might look into it, but I'm pretty sure there's only one other person in michigan with this car. It's definitely not made for winter.

If you look around at other brands they all have something similar. It's a popular style.

2011 ram. Rides great, hauls good too. Waiting to get leaf springs put in before I hook anything big up. The rear coils aren't worth shit

jesus do an oil change yourself how incompetent can you get

I drive an Volvo XC90, I paid 5k€ on repair only last year. I think its time for an new one. I have 350.000km on it