Try to convince me this isn't the best rock band of the last 30 years

try to convince me this isn't the best rock band of the last 30 years

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XWphJ6xWswA
youtube.com/watch?v=JCwBy5K2O0c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They aren't rock band

but fugazi is the best band

Fugazi is the most consistently good band of the last 30 years, but I don't really consider them "rock".
QOTSA is the most consistently good "recent" rock band.

what are they if not rock, or part of a subgenre of rock?

mean to quote but why not invite everyone to the party

Post-hardcore

>rock
>punk rock
>hardcore punk
>post-hardcore

They're just the best band in general

It may have stylistic origins of rock, but it is not rock.

Post-hardcore

silly and wrong? rock is a *super broad* designation...

Post-Hardcore

That's like saying all humans are fish. Homosapiens may have origins of fish, But they are not fish.

define rock in a way that excludes fugazi

Music That has stylistic origins of blues, folk and country.

Fugazi is really fucking good, I enjoy them a lot. They're definitely a contender for me. Not every one of their albums is a 10/10, but I think Repeater, In On the Kill Taker, and Red Medicine are all really amazing records. Every one of their albums has its great songs too.

Besides the music that they did, I think that the people behind the music were all very level-headed an worthy of respect. Their no-nonsense approach to everything is commendable along with their constant playing of non-paid benefit gigs which drew in huge audiences for good causes.

It's more like saying all female Inuits in the Yukon Territory over the age of 40 are human.

>blues, folk and country
>rock
>punk rock
>hardcore punk
>post-hardcore

Not really. It has evolved enough to the point where it has a completely different style, tone and fanbase.
Your point?

You can hear the blues influences in Fugazi bt w

>They're definitely a contender for me. Not every one of their albums is a 10/10, but I think Repeater, In On the Kill Taker, and Red Medicine are all really amazing records. Every one of their albums has its great songs too.
Agreed, although I really do love all of their albums. The Argument is another classic, and End Hits and Steady Diet of Nothing are criminally underrated.

>Besides the music that they did, I think that the people behind the music were all very level-headed an worthy of respect. Their no-nonsense approach to everything is commendable along with their constant playing of non-paid benefit gigs which drew in huge audiences for good causes.
And definitely this as well. They also had god tier chemistry/ To me, they are the most "punk" band in existence but have nothing to do with the obnoxiousness that the label usually implies

>Your point?
that fugazi, have stylistic origins in blues, folk and country, qualifying them as a rock band

So by your logic does that mean that nujabes is a rock artist?

Consult this:

It's not my logic, I didn't provide the definition

www.reverbnation.com/sundreamgun

>pic related

You said that fugazi had stylistic origins of a genre, so that qualifies them as that genre.

why do you guys defend this shit? everybody knows dirty and fast fugazi is the best fugazi

see

i can't, they are amazing.

they're part of a subgenre of rock, it's not just "stylistic origins"

QOTSA is the biggest piece of shit band on the face of the planet. No talent whatsoever-they suck live too.

I said that it music takes stylistic origins from music, Not music that had stylistic origins of music that had stylistic origins of other music. Rock music was so different from those other genres that it became it's own.

then explain to me what the features of post-hardcore are that separate it fundamentally from the rock umbrella

right here

The Argument is the best Fugazi you pleb

No, it's more like saying humans are apes, along with gorillas,chimpanzees, bonobos, etc. You, however, are a nigger

There's no synthesizers in post-hardcore
There's no "rock" tag at the end of it

Lol

And you are in 8th grade.

200 fugazi fans can't be wrong

Turn your trip back on, son

montie needs to go kill himself

No...take everything off

>There's no synthesizers in post-hardcore
that's both untrue and not a defining feature of rock in the first place

Not true.

which one? because you're either going to have to explain to me how brainiac, six finger satellite and unwound aren't post-hardcore, or that synthesizers feature heavily in the music of led zeppelin

this is really dank and my friend dropped out of school in denton too

Pink floyd, yes, The beatles all used synthesizers and where, in fact, not punk bands.

Some of my favorite Fugazi songs are on End Hits and Steady Diet of Nothing, just as albums they're not my favorites.

>They also had god tier chemistry/ To me, they are the most "punk" band in existence but have nothing to do with the obnoxiousness that the label usually implies
Yeah, totally. I've watched a lot of live performances of them and it's kind of insane to watch them be incredible over and over. Guy is perhaps the best frontman that I can think of, no joke.

This is a particularly good performance, it's so awesome to see all these kids freaking out to Fugazi. They were really on fire this night

youtube.com/watch?v=XWphJ6xWswA

And this performance of Instrument, one of my favorites of theirs, is wild
youtube.com/watch?v=JCwBy5K2O0c

Thanks for sharing those vids

>Guy is perhaps the best frontman that I can think of, no joke.
You could definitely make a case for that. And it goes back to the chemistry thing, he's the perfect yin to Ian's yang

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>delusional pseudo wants to believe that he doesnt listen to rock music

here, you posted the wrong picture

unwound and drive like jehu were better

pixies is shit

>drive like jehu were better
terrible opinion

>unwound were better
acceptable but still wrong opinion. also of late unwound seems to be Sup Forums's go-to contrarian post-hardcore choice, so low effort on your part

this further confirms that Americans have shit taste

Because TAD exists

As much as I love Fugazi, I'd listen to New Plastic Ideas or Leaves Turn over anything in their discography in a heartbeat.

it being low effort doesn't make it wrong

go ahead and explain why they're better then

Who

Yes, or Pavement

Nirvana tho.

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Clearly the 2nd worst album in their discography. Steady diet of nothing is the worst.

Also
Repeater>13 songs= in on the kill taker> end hits=red medicine> argument>>>stay diet of nothing

Steady Diet could be my least favorite too, but it's not like it's a terrible album
>Exit Only
>Reclamation
>Steady Diet
>Runaway Return
>Dear Justice Letter
All great

>He doesn't know about God's Balls
Stay pleb.