Yesterday, news leaked that Skyrim was going to be the latest game to get a remaster...

Yesterday, news leaked that Skyrim was going to be the latest game to get a remaster, something that was supposed to be revealed at Bethesda’s E3 show this Sunday. But leaks happen, and unless a zillion different sources on this are wrong, a Skyrim remaster is coming, and I, for one, think that’s pretty cool.

Believe me, I am more sick of remasters than anyone. I thought the trend was dying down, but every time it feels like there aren’t possibly any more games to remake, another two or three pop up.

And yet I can’t help but change my tune when it comes to Skyrim specifically. This is one game that I really believe could benefit from a remaster, mostly because the game is effectively immortal. It came out in 2011, but because of the innate appeal of the open world and a vibrant modding community it still has its hooks into players to this very day.

youtube.com/watch?v=qXhpOOI8QrQ&feature=youtu.be

So why not a remaster?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NF-XMtNEudQ
youtube.com/watch?v=260dhPHk_yc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>bethesda making the same game but slightly different again

Why waste time on a redux or tamriel online when they should be working on elder scrolls 6?

>Skyrim remake gets announced
> Everyone is fucking hype
> It gets released
> Graphics on par with PC but still worse than PC with mods
> All the game breaking bugs and glitches are still present
> why?

Just wait and see

I have played every single bit of skyrim more than once atleast, i really have no intention of playing it again remaster or not

>but every time it feels like there aren't possibly any more games to remake

Re-makes target games that were made in the last 5-15 years usually. Unless re-making became so profitable that they actually started remaking a game that only came out a year before, (cough EA,) then there will always inherently be a stock of games to re-make, since new games are always being produced.

they add a ton of content to their games, but their design skills sucks ass.

would rather see a new game.

This pretty much. Bethesda is great at filling worlds, not making them. Their way of doing things is having a great concept and executing it poorly, because other people will then improve it.

MORROWIND OR BUST!

Can't wait to post a graphics comparison between old modded Skyrim and remastered skyrim and see how console users react.

wont really care because we don't have to update our system every 6 months to stay relevant.

Buy the proper gear and you'll be upgrading every 5 years. Or more if you're ok with going from "ultra" to "good" settings.

why spend all that money and no be able to use ultra settings for at least 2 years? pointless to me. Id rather buy something once and not dick with it.

>built pc in 2013
>still haven't upgraded
>run new games on high/ultra 60fps 1080 still

Nice try boi,

7970GHz, i5-3570k, 8gb gddr3 1600mhz, z77 extreme4 gen3, 3x 1920x1080 60hz monitors.

I'va had my current setup for more than a year and I still haven't had to upgrade.

Microsoft employees.

Nice reading comprehension.

Never picked up skyrim when it launched, kinda looking forward to this. I'd also heard that they will be doing a morrowind conversion on skyrims engine.

That would be pretty awesome.

what this guy said

are you talking about skywind? if so, that project is lead by modders

no

>they'll be doing a morrowind conversion on skyrims engine

It's a mod which will probably take years before it's released, not an official project from Bethesda.

No the rumors say Bethesda is working on a morrowind conversion for the skyrim engine. I saws i.

This.

they are false

source us?

remaster isn't only about the graphivs they could add new feature.s

Source?

my friend ins chool said.

Consider suicide

what for dick? i get pussy

It's not even good bait. Nobdy is taking you seriously, just stop.

And of all the games they chose Skyrim.
Why the fuck.
Why don't they remake Oblivion with actual Dunmer voices this time.

idk what you mean. just telling you what i heard.

what does a dunmer sound like?

crack addicts

Oblivion's combat would look weird as fuck with current gen graphics

lolol i live next to one he just sounds like a normal guy. A crack addict not a dark elf.

Don't save in Whiterun!

how do you figure?

I wonder who could be behind this shilling

lmfao everytime i post a thread about video game some pleb comes in here thinking im a dev.

No one cares about Sup Forums. The only thing that anyone wants to advertise on here is hentai shit.

Playing Skyrim on PC with mods is essentially a remaster, so one from Bethesda is unnecessary at this point

Remaster Morrowind or Oblivion, then we'll have something

I'm okay with this. Sunk 700+ hours already with multiple characters and there's still most of the game unexplored.
As long as it aint just a graphic update because we already have ENB. I want some new textures, more quests and gear, bug fixes and all sorts.

I always thought they had raspy voices because they were from a place with a big ass volcano putting ash and smoke in the air

morrowind or bust

>Bethesda
>bug fixes

The remaster will probably have more bugs than the original game

facts

>I want some new textures, more quests and gear, bug fixes and all sorts.

Literally everything you listed can be obtained with easy to install mods. Better meshes too.

I liked morrowind and I think it could work as a rework but i think Skyrim is a better choice. Easier on the devs but also easier on the market. Skyrim has grown over the years.

Why don't they make Elsweyr already?

I'm fine with anything else than skyrim, would prefer morrowind though as I'm just a couple of years too young and missed out on that adventure.

Out of all the elder scrolls, they pick fucking Skyrim. Why not fucking Morrowind?

>should have just remastered morrowind
>an actually good tes game

They should get Obsidian to make an addon pack for it / story in the same universe like they did with new vegas. People would probably die from the hype.

>I want some new textures, more quests and gear, bug fixes and all sorts

All mods sonny

You are nevwr too late to start Morrowind. Just download the unofficial patch and you get bug fixes, better graphics and a bunch of quality of life mods.

too arab-y in the current geopolitical landscape

>no morrowwind remaster
youtube.com/watch?v=NF-XMtNEudQ

One of my all-time fav games. I'm serious when I say I've played the game to death,. The only thing that would make it a re-buy for me would be the addition of MP.

Should have remastered Daggerfall

Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim are good enough with all their mods

Daggerfell deserves it, imagine all the cool shit they could do if they gave it a "brutal doom" treatment. Staying within the boundaries of the game, yet adding tons of shit and what not

Google Skywind.
It's happening.

Damn nigger.

It looks like shit.

They should spend all of the money they would have spent on this upgrading their engine for the next title and hiring some 3D animators.

I'd be fine if they added a decent ui and fixed bugs/clipping.

it really does. people need to realize something made by a bunch of modders probably wont live up to what the actual developers would do.

The actual developers are pretty bad tho. There's no single thing in any bethesda game that stands out as good besides the scope.

theyve sold hundreds of millions of games

Because this is what it looks like with mods, this game doesn't need a remaster.

youtube.com/watch?v=260dhPHk_yc

not everyone games on a pc. you plebs seem to forget this constantly. most people don't.

This is you.

>Hey guys! You judge a game by the sales! Not by gameplay!

You're fucking retarded.

Elders scrolls renewal proyect, check them out, they are busting their asses and the more people helping the better

this is you

>hey i fall for bait

>people wanting morrowind
>shitty rng combat
>cluster fuck journal system
>graphics so dated it'd take a fucking miracle to improve them to skyrim standard
>having to add new lines of dialogue and updated voice actors

Yeah morrowind would be so much better. Never mind the fact that Bethesda half as ported skyrim into the Fallout 4 version of gamebryo to help familiarise themselves with the new engine before making Fallout 4. Skyrim would be a cake walk to port over. There'd undoubtedly be console mod support for it. Most likely adding in a lot of the cut content like the Windhelm arena etc

>doesn't game on pc
>calls others plebs

facts nice dubs

What they need to remake is Higurashi. Fucking God-tier.

never said i didnt. just stating facts that most people dont.

Well I feel sorry for the people who play skyrim on console, because all these "pc plebs" have been playing skyrim with insane graphics, literally new worlds too explore, new races, new weapons and well basically a new fucking game, honestly I do feel sorry for you not being able to experience skyrim like it should be played.

I feel bad for whoever taught you grammar because they must be out a job by now.

Checked.

I have high hopes for skywind

>must be out a job
Kek

>types too instead of to
>REEEEEEEE
didn't know this was school, faggot

No reason for kek. There is nothing funny about that. Its worded properly. You are really reaching.

If you think that was the only mistake you have more problems than I thought.

Also, point out where I said "REEEEEE".

K

You've given me 4 letters total so far. Pathetic.

Holy shit, you're trying so hard to win this little argument over the Internet that you defend your shitty grammar. You should see if you mistyped something first you fucking idiot.

K

>goes out of his way to be a teacherfag
>fucks up himself
>n-n-no u

You lost me half way through bud. Maybe English isn't your fist language. I'm sorry. Calm down.

where did I imply that? just pointing out something , mouthbreather

Where was the fuck up? Point it out and explain it. It was proper English.

nice blog there m8

>because they might be out a job by now

Yea mate. English isn't my first language.

You implied it by only pointing out one flaw. Indicating that I was overreacting over one flaw rather than many.

*vlog