ITT: Bands that got away with ripping off album covers from other bands

ITT: Bands that got away with ripping off album covers from other bands.

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@mattmetzler/the-history-of-anberlin-part-7-lowborn-2013-2014-66b894a437a8#.ar0sph35n
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

All bands/artists had atleast stolen one element from the cover of The Glow pt.2

elaborate

>wow hands
fucking please.

it's an homage bro, I swear

0/10

>The Glow pt.2
what about the thousands of albums that came out before 2001

this is a good place to ask this - is copying the font that album's title and artist are written in a shitty thing?

i'm recording an album and i subconsciously made a cover with the same font like on this album was used for title of the album and artist. later i realized i saw this album cover and liked it so i kind of recreated it with my own name and title.

>both hands are coming up from the bottom middle of the cover
>both hands are making a gesture
>both hands have something covering part of them in some way
>both backgrounds are a gray of some sort
>both have the text in the top middle
It's a literal copy, and I have no bias because I've never heard of either of these albums.

yes

White text in similar fonts, at that.

Stolen from trader joe's toilet paper

thanks user, that laugh made me feel better.

>both hands are making a gesture
hands generally do
>both hands have something covering part of them in some way
no?
>both backgrounds are a gray of some sort
>both have the text in the top middle
sure

Photograph vs painting btw.

wrong

ok but the howl cover is a lot better and if you disagree you are shit

i doubt a band like anberlin has even heard of TRIH, not like the band make or often even choose the cover.

How long has it been since you passed the test?

And they're both photographs.

That's vey specific. In my humble and plebian opinion, is not such a good cover.

not him bit the right is clearly a painting

no one in their right mind would say otherwise.

are you fucking blind?

It is infinitely better since it came first.
Anberlin definitely chose the cover on purpose. They admitted it was their idea, the hand and everything (even though it obviously wasn't.)
I'm not seeing brush strokes or anything. How do you know it's a painting?
I'm fairly certain Anberlin said it was a hand model they used for the cover back when they released the album.

Pre-acid beatles stole from Ray Charles, Chuck Berry, Elvis and Buddy Holly you name it. Twist and Shout is even a cover of a Isley brothers song.

damn right, that is one boring dali painting

even the concept is ripped off escher, snooze-town central my man

>It is infinitely better since it came first.
holy fuck this guy

Are you from Anberlin or something?

because not every painting is done in strokes... if you can't look at the screenshot in and see that it's an untextured, splotchy picture then you need to either get your eyes checked or clean your monitor my friend

>since it came first.
laughable
>Anberlin definitely chose the cover on purpose. They admitted it was their idea, the hand and everything (even though it obviously wasn't.)
fine, and i'm sure the howl cover was the first picture in the history of man of a hand.
>I'm not seeing brush strokes or anything. How do you know it's a painting?
use your god damn eyes

could quite easily be a filtered photo desu
not saying it's not a painting but just because it's splotchy and untextured doesn't mean it's not a photo

>353x301
>talking about splotchiness
r u srs
Alright upgrading your score to 1/10 since you've gotten this much out of me gr8 job man way to go

>album covers
read the description

>what is makeup

I appreciate this meme.

nice one mate

>[...] since it came first.
i am suddenly reminded of why i left this place.

yes that'd be a possibility, but I work with photos and filters like this shit all day and some of the color spillage and way the light is reflecting is making me lean heavily towards it being an actual painting, if it's done with a filter it's not a default photoshop filter, and it'd be the most realistic "painting filter" addon I've ever seen.

yes, low quality doesn't make things splotchy inherently. the text would be blurry if it were a case of a blurry image of the album cover. the text has some aliasing and distortion suggesting it was shrunk from a larger image and not properly compressed, but that wouldn't cause the lack of detail that's shown on the hand.

>what is makeup
well, it's not what we're seeing here, for one.

>morphed face
>bottom text

there are soooooo many better examples of this

>mfw it's a photo
medium.com/@mattmetzler/the-history-of-anberlin-part-7-lowborn-2013-2014-66b894a437a8#.ar0sph35n

>both hands have fingers
>both are white people

disgusting

No

show me i only know meme albums

lel

most people would probably bash you but Gira honestly wouldn't give a shit

what?

Can't believe this whiny nu male got away with ripping off boris

i've seen this album so many times always thinking it was boris

Never thought I'd see anything related to Anberlin discussed on /my/ of all places. I actually really enjoyed Lowborne. Looking through these replies, it's obvious no one has a clue what the artwork and hand gesture implies.

I know exactly what it means, but that doesn't mean they didn't straight up use another artist's art as a template for their own.

And I am aware that they had multiple versions with multiple backgrounds.

Also Anberlin was the shit back in Christian high school. Then I grew up.

Borrowed from Can's Out of Reach

like words or the color blue