Why do people support teams that aren't from their city?

why do people support teams that aren't from their city?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/sp/thread/68843543/#q68844815
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This may surprise you, but some people don't live in cities, for starters.

i'm pretty sure there's a club for every european village

This may ALSO surprise you, but some people support their 7th tier village club - or play for them - and additionally support and 1st or 2nd tier club.

maybe teams from their city play shit football?
it's not like teams are truly representative of the local area anymore anyway

>Supporting Hertha

Do you like eating shit?

Could support Union, BAK, Viktoria as well. :^)

Because the teams are utter shit and their fans are cretins?

if you are smart you choose to have no loyalty to a team that has never done anything in its 200 year history, if you aren't smart, you pray to god that he will deliver said team a championship during YOUR lifetime.

>posting a pic of your breakfast

yeah and said team might have rivalries with "big" nearby teams, so you just choose another team completely unrelated to your living place

Because I want to.

>Do you like eating shit?

>tf

because they no longer truly represnt that city anymore dude

theyre just "based" off that city

wtf

>why am i biting bait

There isn't a team in my city. But, I support my localish teams.

Why do people follow religions that aren't from their city?

Most teams feature players predominantly not from that city so why does it really matter?

Larfed

In Portugal you usually support the shit team from ur city + Sporting or Benfica.

>following religion

Hey everyone if you want to see an amazing display of autism you should see this thread

oops

archive.4plebs.org/sp/thread/68843543/#q68844815

underrated

Well, this is just an example, and not really applicable today with being able to watch any game you want, but back in the basic cable days (for baseball anyways) you'd really only regularly see yankees and dodgers games in my city for some reason. Even more than blue jays games. So there's tons of yankees and dodgers fans in my city (people over 30) because they were teams they could actually watch and follow.