Favourite albums?
Any other gems on here you like?

Other urls found in this thread:

rbt.asia/mu/?task=search&ghost=yes&search_text=go to bed turny
last.fm/tag/illbient
youtu.be/bD26fNgAfPA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

go to bed turny

What are you favourite albums from these artists discographies?

How do you get your groove on?

Are you fond of sand dunes and salty air?

rbt.asia/mu/?task=search&ghost=yes&search_text=go to bed turny

all me btw

What about illbient.

>4 years later, still awake

like who?

I quite enjoy them familia. I've only really started on the recently though. Desert Scores was pretty good and Conjoint was better. I've listened to DJ Spooky but it was a long time ago so cant remember much about it.

>Conjoint is one of those few I've not actually listened to

brb

bump

hello

DJ Spooky, We™, Spectre

I've also seen the word "illbient" used to describe music with dub basslines and breaks that isn't jungle/drum & bass, artists like Third Eye Foundation and Witchman

desu I don't know what the definition of illbient is

>Illbient is a term coined by DJ Olive to describe the iconoclastic music being produced by a community of artists based in the Williamsburg neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York in the early 1990s. The word "Illbient" is a portmanteau of the hip hop slang term "ill" (a positive expression: bad meaning good) and "ambient".
last.fm/tag/illbient

hmmm, doesn't really describe a sound or any particular style

I think it means music that has all the ingredients to be jungle except it isn't focused on maintaining a consistently fast tempo, and thus is more suited for home listening as opposed to the club

I could be wrong though. I think it was originally just a label to describe a clique of US East Coast artists.

whheeee circles

whooooooo

I fucking love St Germain.

Any turntablism man in?

Who is your favourite man on the wheels of steel?

og
youtu.be/bD26fNgAfPA

Illbient is what people used to call leftfield/experimental hip-hop back in the mid 90s to early 00s. Boards of Canada pre-Geogaddi were also referred to as Illbient.

It died when IDM beat it by popularity/non-illbient hip-hop artists started to experiment/the artists in it lost interest in their own creation.

ah right