Guitarfag thread

Post, play, and enjoy
I'll start with me playing some DT
vocaroo.com/i/s1WFSPhHA8Ez

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1EUVJZdmS5Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fag thread

Any advice for a 4 month beginner? Self taught. Can play 4 songs fairly well. Know some basic theory but studying it regularly

Your the only fag in this thread

Play what you like, but don't be afraid to branch out, especially in things like scales and modes.
Pay attention to how you hold your pick for lead playing, pick slanting is a godsend.
Make sure to write songs as well, I can tell you from 7 years, not writing gives you some hangups if you're like me, haha.

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE
take lessons if you could, or just watch youtube videos on music theory. just fucking practice dude. chords and barres first, scales and modes after, then you can be le ebin shredder

>all the equipment in this image is under $300
i also have a really autistic police line strap.

Personally I enjoy playing rhythm. Still don't truly understand how to make scales sound good. When I attempt them it just sounds like noise even when I do them in a pattern

Okay thanks. I know a decent number of chords. Held back on barres tho. Any tips on full fret bars like f chord? Can't seem to depress 1st and 6th string together lol

Grab yourself a copy of Rocksmith 2014 and get a realtone cable. Good times.

i'd recommend just trying to hold down open strings. hold down the frets as close as you can to the fret you're trying to play. fret placement makes a huge difference.
or if you're a fatass like me, you can just wrap your thumb around the top of the neck to hold down that low F

Am I the only acousticfag on Sup Forums? Everyone in these threads just posts electrics.

I have this

i play acoustic-style on electric. i can't shred or do any of that "interesting guitarman" stuff most people expect. i fucking love playing chords and alterations of chords

Different user here. Are you using the the ring finger to fret the third fret on the A and D strings and using the pinky to fret the third fret E string?

You're not alone dude.

Martin D-15, right?

Good eye man. I treat that thing like its my baby.

I'm fretting it like this
>Low E - Thumb wrapped around fretboard
>A and D - 3rd fret with ring finger
>D and G - 2nd fret with middle finger
>G and B - 1st fret with index finger [easy reach to F's minor 3rd, just lift off my middle finger]
>high E muted unless i move my index finger down a string
putting fingers inbetween the strings so i can hold down two strings with one fingertip

My living room

This is by far my favorite guitar I have, sound is by far the best out of any guitars I've played on. It's a Peavey nitro 2 and from what I've found Peavey didn't make many of these. I think it was made between 1986-1989. I play mainly hard rock/ grungy type things and the tone is phenomenal. It's got the original kahler tremolo and hardshell cast.

There's something about those 15 series that I love. Been gassing for a 000-15sm. I ended up buying a OM21 though.

I am envious to say the least.

I play acoustic quite a bit. Love how hard you can beat them to show a power difference as opposed to electric.

Nice to know I'm not the only one who does this.

vocaroo.com/i/s1EUVJZdmS5Y
mainly a rhythm guitarist, not really interested in playing lead stuff
have some Strokes
it's a lot less stressful on the fingers, that's for sure

I prefer fretting like this. The G is usually gets muted most of the time.

Practice by experimenting with cords and strumming patterns and challenging yourself by coming up with a pleasurable pattern of cords

i usually try to get that F minor 3rd in easy reach, so fretting the 1st fret on the G and B gives extreme easy access. something i just started doing after i learn Creep and Space Oddity

Acousticbro here, Martin OM21.

i can play most of constant motion on bass. no pics of gear tho sry. it's pretty crap anyways.

To the faggots posting pictures of them playing the F chord, should literally fucking off themselves. They grip the fuckin guitar like a baseball bat. You should never EVER be that scrunched up on the back of your neck. C Grip is your friend, If you aint doing that you gunna develop problems. INb4 Hendrix. That fucker had horrible technique

Anyone into modding guitars? As soon as I've got the money I will put a bigsby on my sg, swap out the pickups with hot rails and some other minor stuff.

Shecter C1 classic. With emg 57/66 pickups. Got it off a bro who brought it to a hot spring he worked at so I'm still trying to get it setup right.

To be honest, I don't really play barre chords that way only rarely.

Forgot pic

Here you go

Love the inlays on that.

i only fret that way because i have a problem with my thumb and tendons in my left hand. injuries and other bullshit. i could play standard barres but it's just the way i learned. once again im not a fucking shredder, only chords and singing

Mother of pearl or abalone inlays?