Did anyone here play a sport in HS or college? I know this site is for basement dwellers, but I'm just wondering

Did anyone here play a sport in HS or college? I know this site is for basement dwellers, but I'm just wondering.

I never joined a team in school and now I seriously regret it. Maybe I'm just going through some age crisis but sometimes I with I could be born again.

What sport did you play and was it fun?
Was the training difficult?
How much rivalry was there between teams/athletes?

I played wrestling. It was fun with your mom

Played hockey mainly, but also played volleyball, some basketball (least fav of mine), rugby was fun, and also ultimate... It's so thrilling, I'm 5'10 and chubby but I love sports so fucking much

Didn't u make this thread the other day?
Source I played ruggers in high school

I played football and wrestled. Was a good way to loose weight, which helped a lot in highschool.

yes im trying to build a protraid of what 4channers were like in highschool,

Varsity baseball. I was a pitcher. We won our state championship my senior year

Practices sucked cause they were in the morning before school but the games were so much fun, don't regret not joining a team. It's difficult work and is very emotional. I've never won a championship and a guy on my team blew our shot at going to finals in hockey. It was ridiculously emotional.

Varsity tennis all 4 years teammates were douches but overal was a good experience

Do not regret not playing. It's not for everyone and it's not fun being the player that isn't one of the better players on the team and always gets ragged on (I quit basketball after I played only 30 seconds of one of my games)

I wrestled in HS and college, now I focus on BJJ.

Varsity tennis.
All the schools in my area burned each other's shit.
Good times.

But, now that you're older, people front really care if they win or lose, people just want to have fun and exercise, join a rec league, it's super fun and a great way to stay in shape

were you good at it?

Be happy you didn't spend your teen years getting concussion after concussion.

I played pewee tackle football ages 7-11. It is most definitely fun. The practices are grueling. I had to do bear crawl laps. Those sucked ass. But the smashing into each other part, that was fun as shit.

Still probably not worth the concussions part.

Well, not really. I had started playing the the seventh grade, so I had a lot of catching up to do to the guys who had played since they first started walking. But I somehow managed to pull through and win games.

Oh yeah and the rivalry part. I wouldn't know. We roflstomped everyone. I mean, we had a rival, the south east apaches. (Fucking noobs. Poor black kids from the shit part of town. Honestly though, it was the only difficult game of the season.) But they still lost, because we were the champions, not them.

Football or soccer as they call it across the pond. Played for all my school teams and spent majority of my u18's being unsuccessful during trials for teams. Got my lucky break for a championship team at that time and ended up with an ankle injury, that fucked my shit up man :/

Injured it against the Chelsea youth team, I support them is well.. Quit the sport since 2014 but I regret every second not spent playing it.

Who knows, might try my hand at it again in the coming weeks, I'm only 21. See if I can salvage something :/

what position do you play? also good luck

I ran track in high school, and the training was harder than the actual races. We had a rival a few miles down the street and all other schools in the district were trash

Central defender mostly, played across the back line, up top, left wing and central defensive midfielder. I was fucking special man but life throws you curve balls ._.

Pole Vaulter. That shit was the roughest. Practices started at 4 in the afternoon and went into 10 at night sometimes. Never got a break for a season either, not even summer. upside is that I looked like a fucking jacked monster

so basically the races were between you and the rival? also were you a sprinter or long distance?

Played football all through highschool and one year in university. Was an experience to say the least. Putting urself through a strict training regiment for 2 years was good to go through. Let's you know what ur capable of.

You jumped over polish people? Suh-weet

played football, training in off season was mostly up to you. Sideline sprints most practices. Games were also fun. In terms of rivalry; kids from each school would fight in the stands and usually a fairly big party after the game .

Also did track and field through highschool (the field part) I was good at throwing shit far lol

Nope but i did spar with people on the wrestling team sometimes.
I was more into BMX, Skating, etc.

You shouldn't feel too bad op. I played touch rugby, aussie football, tennis and basketball during HS. I was a really good athlete, and made the senior team in football, tennis and touch, but im in Uni now and I don't play any sport. I'm so unfit I get tired from running to the train. I'm thinking of going to the gym or something, but honestly apart from the good memories with my friends, and the natural muscle I've acquired, you havent missed much

Played football (american), and lacrosse. Lacrosse was great but football wasn't. Training for each wasn't bad but football was slightly harder. Rivalries were big in both where I went.

I fenced through all of middle and high school. I was shit and never managed to get to nationals/Junior Olmypics. Even though that still haunts me to some degree, I loved it. Sports are fun, play a sport.

Yeah some of the polish people were even 15 or 16 feet tall

4-10 looks mad, was that during summer months too?
but hey being fit probably got you popular in hs

Sprinter and my max distance was the 800, but anything worth watching was us against our rival. The other schools jist weren't as good as us or the rival

Same here, baseball too.

It's, one of my biggest regret is not doing a sport in high school. Even though I would have sucked it would have gotten me in shape and helped me make long term relationships

>Rivalries were big in both where I went.
what position were you in them? were the rivalries friendly?

During the summer practices were less frequent (2 or 3 times a week as opposed to 5 days a week and then a meet) but were just as hard

were you popular with the ladies?

considering it was an all boys school i was moderately popular with the ladies

oh, I also did athletics for 2 years. Wow, can't believe I've forgotten most of HS already...

Played rugball in my Junior year of highschool, I was a really out of shape and a few of my teammates were real dicks at first so I almost quit a few times. I'm glad I stayed till the end though because as we played we got closer and made it to provincials. I regret not joining in my senior year though.

I am a waterpolo player. It is the hardest thing i have ever done (top 3 hs in the state), but it goves me something to live for. I work and my work pays off. During the winterseason, in between waterpolo and swim team, my grades drop and i simpley become depressed. I am not really good at anything elts and nothing is really looking up for me, without it i would be nothing

Me

I heard this sport is violent as fuck

nah not really. I played it a few times during high school, and if you are not a strong swimmer, you'll fkn drown. It's the most exhausting sport I've ever played

idk if this is late but I played Triple A hockey throughout high school. Played it since 6th grade, it was difficult cause I had to take a lot of time out to train for it but it was all healthy rivalry unless we where on the ice obviously

Follow your dreams man

water polo players have the GOAT bodies (n-no homo)

Football: left guard
Lacrosse: goalie

Got a full ride to college for goalie. Sports will teach you more about yourself and other people than most things in life. It was hard and very rewarding

It is, i regularly get scratched and cut up, basickly anything under the water is fair game

hfghfgh

position?
and what do you mean rivalries werent healthy on the ice?

I played City league football for like 8-9 years, it was good. Won two championships, made tons of friends, and had good parties. I go once in a while to my old teams practice field and help coach at times.

>scratched and cut up
dont they check players nails before games?

On higher levels it gets brutal

Ya but some people put flattend waterbottle caps under their speedos. Allso, short nails still scratch

I played basketball in high school. I wasn't a star player.. More of a role player but still had fun. Got my first handjob on the road my freshman year from the water girl. Was worth it.

I played football for 2 years and I broke my arm. I played tennis all years. I wrestled for like 1 week

>some people put flattend waterbottle caps under their speedos.
dude thats fucked up, is this something most players do or just a few teams?

I'll try user, the decks stacked against me at the moment.. But damn it, I'll try.

I played football. I was number 10 in the state in receiving yards and played lacrose, basketball and was varsity on all sports sophomore year. It was fun. Got pussy daily.

football and baseball in high school, but now college football at a very small, academic focused school. I love it, but only because i can put my studies first at the school i go to. too many places turn being a student athlete into a free ride regarding academics.

Its the kind of thing you do if your looking to fuck up a rival team.

you ever done it or had it done to you?

Only seen it.

Senior year rugby. Made me gain confidence in myself and lose weight. I don't do sports much but that was fun. I must've been like 250 pounds then. 6'6

what was hardest football, lax or basketball?

Was the captain of both the varsity football team and varsity track & field team.
For football, it was only ever "fun" when my buddies and I would make an offensive drive that ended in a score. The training was difficult some days, but most of the time the coaches wouldn't push us as hard as we could have been. Rivalry between teams was minimal. Never really got violent.
Track was really fun. Practice was hard as hell, but it was fun to travel all across the state and go to track meets. You would get out of school once or twice a week, and would just chill under the tent for most of the day with your friends. There was a lot of rivalry between teams and athletes because it's a lot simpler to see who is truly better than the other.

Soccer, track (400m, 200m hurdle), cross country, fencing, archery, kenpo plus non-school sports too, trap shooting with my dad, etc. Did not regret, loved it, but it was a lot of work esp. weekend travel for away meets. Travel was worse than practice for keeping up with schoolwork.

Still in college, soccer and baseball player but I have a ruptured ACL right now and I'm out for the season.

How far did you get in fencing and what weapon were you in?

I was the drum major for the band. It was stressful cause our director was a real dick sometimes but it was all worth it. If I had the choice I'd still be doing it

Yea I played football in hs, and got a scholarship to college for football.

Boxing, fencing, medieval combat, and shoot wrestling

>baseball and soccer until junior high school when I suddenly developed allergies and just couldn't do it anymore, drugs weren't what they are now.
>one year of track in junior high
>after a couple years played paintball semi-competitively through high school
Didn't get to play football because my parents wouldn't sign the waiver on account of one of their cousins breaking his neck playing football with his friends. A little bummer but I had a lot of time to fuck off and do kid shit in junior high and high school as a result.

It was okay. Practice sucked and games were stressful but overall it was fun mostly because of the people. Stayed friends with a handful of them until we moved away from each other as adults but it was hardly band of brothers shit, people still hated each other for no reason and were generally shitty.

I wouldn't really regret it OP. Aside from being pretty healthy and having a solid base for continued health it was whatever. As long as you weren't a complete social leper or lardo you didn't really miss any lessons to be learned that you wouldn't learn in the first couple years of adulthood anyway.

Honestly, m80, if you've got regret because want that sense of camaraderie that you get from HS sports, you could probably still join a private sports club of some sort.

What position did you play?

Cross country and track
It got me to be athletic and I still run until today

Played football for 8 yrs soccer for 7 baseball till sophomore wrestled 6 lacrosse for 2 years and went to state title twice in lacrosse. Lost my junior year and won my senior year.