youtube.com/watch?v=P30WjkNMruk
youtube.com/watch?v=w34fSnJNP-4
youtube.com/watch?v=424ZIx-mx_U
youtube.com/watch?v=wJzPhRJRgFA
youtube.com/watch?v=3WDRxtd-2dQ
youtu.be/zL5j_L0Djms?list=FLjIosigLvMVSk56m9xOS0wA
youtu.be/d_2g_kNTBek?list=FLjIosigLvMVSk56m9xOS0wA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Go to bed Dalton. Stop making Arizona more gay!

I don't think I've heard that one.

youtube.com/watch?v=kgclisZmtC8

'The Fish of the Sea'

Wimoweh, wimoweh, wimoweh, wimoweh

Salty Dalty is a gay friend of mine who normally posts things related to sea shanties. I thought it was you.

Elaine is a nice choice, user.

Uh, nope. I just discovered this game called Blackwake, and it made me nostalgic for Black Flag.

High Barbary

youtube.com/watch?v=P30WjkNMruk

I always try so hard and they don't fucking recognize me for it. I could PUT A FUCKING PULLUP IN THEIR BRAINS EASILY. THEY DONT FUCKING KNOW WHO THEY ARE MESSING WITH. SO EASILY I COULD JUST TAKE MY FUCKING 12 INCH COCK AND RAM IT DOWN THEIR TINY ASS THROATS. IT WOULD SLIP AND SLIDE DOWN THE STREAM OF BULLSHIT THOSE TRUMP SUPPORTERS CONSTANTLY spew.

go away bot

YOU PEOPLE DONT FUCKING KNOW ME. YOU DONT KNOW WHO I AM OR WHAT I COULD DO TO YOU. IF BERNIE LOSES I SWEAR TO GOD ILL SHOOT UP MY MIDDLE SCHOOL

Not even joking, The Good Ship Venus is glorious if you're in the mood for a laugh. Loudon Wrainwright's version is my favorite.

In fact, just look up Rogue's Gallery and the followup album, Son of Rogues. There's some interesting stuff in there, made by more modern artists.

Famous: The Irish Rover
Less famous: The Wild Rover
Mucho unfamous: Pleasant and Delightful

>to the tune of the safelite commercials
Toss me a salad captain O'Brain
O toss me a wave
A boatof stoat Mr. Captain
Captain o'brain

You little shit. I'll stifle you

Good choices, the Irish Rovers did good versions of all of those. Cruising Around Yarmouth is also a good one they did.

Fuck all, this is actually my kind of music, I can't believe there's a damned Sup Forums thread on it. If you're into The Dubliners, they've got an amusing tune called Eddystone Light. There's Paddy Doyle's Boots, which is definitely in that AC game as a shanty.

Haul Away Joe is a staple, so many versions. John C Reilly (yes, the actor) did an amusing shanty-styled song called My Son John.

Gaelic Storm's version of The Leaving of Liverpool is pretty damned good. I'm not sure if counts as a shanty styled song, but Quilty's rendition of Botany Bay is pretty good as well.

Do space shanties count?

Dawson's Christian is an awesome ballad of an awesome tale.
youtube.com/watch?v=w34fSnJNP-4

And Signy Mallory is my favorite sea shanty for now.
youtube.com/watch?v=424ZIx-mx_U

Though The Good Ship Manatee is a close second.

youtube.com/watch?v=wJzPhRJRgFA

AND Some Kind of Hero is my second-favorite space ballad!
youtube.com/watch?v=3WDRxtd-2dQ

Word. I'd shout out Pub With No Beer and 7 Drunken Nights, but not really sea shanties.

That said... what exactly defines a sea shanty? It has a nautical theme and an easily recognizable chorus?

I suppose that is the future of piracy.

I am the captane now

I think the strict definition of a shanty is a work song, but honestly it gets kind of muddied after a fashion. Typically led by a shantyman, with the working crew doing the familiar chorus on each response verse.

I think Barrett's Privateer's fits the shanty definition, but others might not. I personally think the nautical definition fits it better. Songs of the sea in general. With a less strict definition, we're basically talking about drinking songs and that's where songs like Seven Drunken Nights comes into play. Even when the age of sail was in full swing, I doubt they only sang songs that would be defined strictly as 'shanties.' Henry Me Son, so on, so forth.

It's my grand quest to collect all sorts of interesting folk musics. There's lot of good shit out there, but it precludes being able to stomach banjos, which seems to be a rare trait now.

I'm and an oldfag (40), and grew up listening to dad's faves. If you're into UK folk I highly recommend The Spinners (Dip and Fall Back is awesome, also The Blaydon Races). Stockton's Wing for reels and traditional stuff.

I need to send someone to the hospital (lets call him Billy) anonymously but send them a message. He is threatening one of my friends who won't stand up for them self or call the police because apparently he has shit on him.
suggestions Sup Forumsro's? Either way I am doing something but I need a plan first.

the one that was on the gmod start screen a while ago.
That was epic.

I'll add them to my list. I'm into all of it, because so much of American folk music is borrowed or modified music that game out of Ireland, Scotland and England. I've got quite a lot of music by the staple bands, like The Corries, Dunbliners, Tommy Makem/The Clancy Brothers, The Wolfe Tones. I like the old renditions and the newer bands as well. I'm to the point where I might have to get into vinyl just to find new songs, because I wager there's dozens of forgotten folk bands that are sitting in the dusty corners of junk stores.

Make sure to make copies for posterity.

I played that game too

frigging in the rigging by the sex pistols

The Spinners were a 60s mixed raced (there was a black dude, omg!) quartet that did renditions of a lot of the turn of the century and beyond folk tunes (Leaving of Liverpool) Having some color, they occasionally did some Jamaican and island stuff (Zombie Jamboree, Dip and Fall Back).

AKA The Good Ship Venus

Oh god, the horror. Were they considered a R&B band? I've already found a few listings that may be miscategorized but if they're also R&B that would explain it

youtu.be/zL5j_L0Djms?list=FLjIosigLvMVSk56m9xOS0wA

youtu.be/d_2g_kNTBek?list=FLjIosigLvMVSk56m9xOS0wA

The good ship venis
She had a penis

Also
Samefag

No, there's a US R&B band with the same name. It'll be Spinners UK or under folk. I think they have a wiki page.

This is some obscure-ass shit, I tell you what.

WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA