Fellow alkis, how long will withdrawals last? Considering cold turkey

Fellow alkis, how long will withdrawals last? Considering cold turkey.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2-ckIv1tiaU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

For me it lasted about 2 or 3 weeks. I started drinking a lot of coffee. Good luck user

I'm drinking right now its awesome fuck u

Jesus christ...I'm at the point I get pretty sick around noon and am vomiting by evening. This is not goona be fun.
Well me too lol. Just uhhh, don't do it every night for years.

Decade long heavy drinker, plus a few years of not so heavy drinking. last time I quit cold turkey the worst symptoms were the first four days, then afterwards I felt pretty okay

Bout a week for me, first few days feel like you're gonna die. Man up bub, good luck

Same, the last year it has gotten way out of hand. I'd got off the hard liquor after an accident but hopped back on cuz of weight gain from beer/malt liquor.
I went through full on benzo withdrawals so I've high hopes. I can deal with a week or so of vomiting, may have to take some vacation. I can't go through benzo wd again tho...i've never come so close to killing myself or checking myself into ER

oh also thanks. shits goona suck but I do have a shit load of benzos...may try a taper.

Taking requests. Last fucking chance.

pussy

be prepared to go to a hospital just in case though, cold turkey can be dangerous. pay attention to your heart or any sudden ticks or movements. seizures aren't fun, neither is a heart attack. They're unlikely but don't fuck around when you quit

Yea beer raised my triglycerides high as fuck, but its really all I can afford at the moment, with the occasional bottle of bourbon

Yeah I went through full blown benzo w/d's a few months back. Nothing can be that bad. Thats the whole reason I'm trying to stop everything. I seized hard, puked blood for days, etc. Still not off the shit but way way less (medical dose). I did learn my lesson and I will call my dope addicted buddy to babysit if needed.
I was banging the "Redds Wicked Apple" 8% malt liquor. So cheap but like retarded calories. Gained 15lbs, got back on vodka, and here we are

u sound like a tard

Detox is a hell of a thing from what I'm told, we had a guy at our shop go through it and yeah, the bugs in the skin thing is real apparently.

Go to a rehab clinic if you can, no offence but I highly doubt you can do it by yourself.

For me it's anxiety. I get shaky, I have to find some or make enough money to buy some. I get really bad general anxiety and feel like I can't function when I try to quit

what withdrawals?

Alky here.

Man, I'd get some medical help with this if you don't want to croak yourself or worse, be an invalid for the rest of your miserable life.

>make enough money to buy some

How old are you? wtf?

Rock bottom man.

Unfortunately because of my professional career that just isn't an option...I mean it is but it would require me to abstain and I'm an addict at heart. I'd just set myself up for failure.
Yeah the anxiety sucks (Pretty much why I drink and do benzos). I'm on Buspar and Sertraline and they really are helping so I'm trying to get off the garbage after I almost died.
Drink 1/2 to a 5th of vodka every day for years and very, very bad things happen.
See above. I think I'm going to take vacation and taper with benzos and decreasing booze. IDK, I may have to throw in the towel. After my last seizure I'm still not at 100%. Thanks user.

is it booze user let us know. its ganna change depending on the vice bro

nvm got it

Pull through bud started getting the dt's after my 2nd night lasted a good 2 weeks. If u feel sick just remember to eat and keep away from it.

op man coffee dude was right it helps. just keep busy for real im 2 weeks sober after 1/2 gallon every night of sour mash whiskey. hard as shit but i feel better way better

>After my last seizure I'm still not at 100%.
Jesus fucking Christ user, do you hear yourself?!?

Normal people don't have seizures. You need medical help, nigga! As a Sup Forumsro, user, you're not thinking straight on this.

Please, man, I hate doctors but for this kind of thing you can't wing it, and they may even be able to give you medication to make it tolerable. No reason to torture yourself, user. Really.

Dude, death over addiction. You're either free or in chanis forever, which one sounds better?

I am here to support you user. I'm trying to begin that journey as well. I wish I could only muster up the ambition to start it.

aint worth it man get clean"ish" and get on with life better off that way

Yeah vodka, 1/2 to a full fifth near daily. Also addicted to benzos (low dose) but I'm not stopping that yet.
The seizure was when I ran out of benzos. I went through hell and almost killed myself. I order $500 worth (2 year supply) and have cut my doses for 15-20mg/day to 0.5-1.5 (medical dose)

I know I'm fucked up...but it is what it is. I can't throw away the career I've worked so long for. I'd rather die before that happens. We all make bad choices, and I have to deal with it the hard way. I may consider inpatient out of town where no one will know tho.
Some days I don't know buddy.

user you need medical assistance. Alcohol withdrawals can kill you.

I've drank a pint+ of vodka every night for the past six years. I'm trying to quit but the motivation fails me. I wish I could afford to put my life on hold to go to rehab but at this point I have to finish school and can't afford to miss work.

never messed with the pills man but the whiskey changed me enough. do you have someone to tell you to be done? or is it just you realizing something HAS to be done?

Good luck user, begin sooner than later. It was only I accidently got hooked on benzos and ran out and had seizure fun times I realized I need to stop all drugs. I've been working hard the last two months, but its tough when you gotta keep up appearances.
I know. But I just can't. I'd rather play russian roulette than piss away the career I've spent the last 17 years working toward
Pint ain't too bad, you can do it user. Honestly rehab is shit, detox is obviously the wise choice.

What do you do?

Probably no effect. Drank atleast 10+ drinks daily, for 3 years. Went 3 days without. No problems.
Its all mindset

>I can't throw away the career I've worked so long for. I'd rather die before that happens. We all make bad choices, and I have to deal with it the hard way.

user, this is crazy talk. You can find another job. Losing one isn't the end of the world. It's just a bump in the road and may lead you to something better.

I disagree. You don't have to do this the *hard* way. There's no prize for torturing yourself until you're near suicide or have a fucking seizure. Sup Forumsro, I hope you'll reconsider. No reason to feel so shitty when there's meds that can make this safe and more comfortable.

No, nobody actually knows how bad I'm hooked except my best friend (who is a H addict). By all means I'm a middle class dude who keeps it real. I'm just too old to be a slave to chemicals. I want to change, and will this time.
Mid-level mechanical engineer for a federally contracted company. Hence rehab/detox is a big no-no.
Thanks to my decade and a half of drug abuse I have access to anything a doctor's office can get. Unfortunately with my debt, I'd rather be an addict and pay the bills than be sober and bankrupt.

Its shit, and I know it don't make sense, but joys of capitalism. I'll be okay user, I've done this before, just not to this level.

its strange how a bunch of alchy's and druggies found this place we call /b but from all these years ive had my best laugh's from u fucks dont let liquor be the end, couple month's on couple month's off is how i do it

Thanks but I only meant it as a pint is my starting point for inebriation. What's included in the detox situation?

>Pint (of vodka) ain't too bad

holy shit

depending on what you drink.. 3-4 shots a night... quite a cut down from a half a 5th try that.. right before bed knock those down eat and go to bed

how much does booze cost you holy fuck

>I'd rather be an addict and pay the bills than be sober and bankrupt.

Sigh. user, nobody said it's all or nothing. There are a million other options.

I just realized I'm trying to talk sense to somebody who's using drugs. My bad. If you ever need some help, there's AA and NA and it doesn't cost money.

I wish you the best, user. Keep us posted sometime.

dont pass out on us OP

And I'm well aware I'm making extremely dangerous and foolish choices, but there is a hospital two blocks away I can walk to if shit gets real. I'll make it through, just looking for advice on booze as oddly I've never done a super hard w/d despite a decade of drinking.
well...yeah you're fucked. you sober up around noon I take it? Just like me, I guess scan the thread for advice.
kek
I vomit til i get at least twice that in me lol. yes, alcohol be fucked up.
I'm OP but a fifth of vodka and my chasers is $12/day. I make $45/hr...

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2-ckIv1tiaU

if you are actually physically hooked dont go cold turkey, just ease off it

drink less each day. you can probably go down by half each day. believe me, you do not want to go through the withdrawls

>8% malt liquor
Lolwut, what kind of alcoholic are you?! How much vodka do you drink in one go?
I need 2-3 bottles of 40% spirits (0.7l) until I feel fucked up enough. Can still do things when I drink that and don't pass out. You?

>you sober up around noon I take it?

So you go to work tipsy? Drunk? No one notices?

With my job and federal security clearance it really is all or nothing sadly. I mean I've dug this grave, I can get out of it. Its not like be an alki is a fun ride anyway. Besides, you can't dischare 70k of student loan debt through bankruptcy.
>AA
shit.
>NA
would consider, no meetings near me tho.

But hey thanks for the good wishes.

Not OP but bad anxiety got me into drinking as well. I could go out in public when I was drunk. Nowadays drinking makes the anxiety even worse but on top of that I now have a drinking problem.
Damn drugs and their moderation

Best of luck, user.

>compairing dick size in an alki thread

Wtf?

>>compairing dick size in an alki thread
This is Sup Forums, comparing dick size in _every_ thread. Also
>Muh dick is better

Well I would drink 64+ OZ of them. A normal night is 500ml of 40% vodka on a work night and a liter plus of liquor on the weekends. I black out all the time and just keep going. I'm not proud of it but trust me, 10/10 addict.
It hasn't bit me yet. Like I've said, functional alcoholic. People have noticed I get ill late in the day often tho, and I often have to hide my vomiting when I've drank too much.
Thanks. Sad part is this all comes from trying to compensate for mental illness (depression/anxiety). Drinking hasn't been fun in like a decade.

/b isnt usually caring, but i think u see the concern here man, like other user said go to AA or something like it. /b may hate everyone but not /bros

>Its all mindset
You can literally die from withdrawals if you get them. It's not all in your mind, you were just a lucky fucker Sup Forumsrah

>Sad part is this all comes from trying to compensate for mental illness (depression/anxiety).
Yeah this, got me into alcohol addiction as well. And it's such a shitty drug in general anyway

Yeah I know, coming here to converse with you Sup Forumstards helps show me how deep in the fucking rabbit hole I've fallen. Honestly tho AA is shit for the weak minded. I'll check myself in to inpatient at the hospital if needed but def will step down the dose and take a week or two of vacation.

Anyways thanks guys. Drugs are bad mmmk, and alcohol is a horribly addictive drug.

yea it is. too late for me but user you can do that shit

good shit user just ween that shit off.. best of luck bro for real

Word. OP here. Money, success, none of that matters. Talk to your doctor, get on whatever the fuck meds you need, and stay away from drugs (except one or two days a week). And yes, alcohol is the second most addictive drug on earth and i've tried them all.

The worst thing is when you graduate college and make mad money and realize, nigga I could do oxy all day everyday and wash it down with blow and still have a house and cars.

It's all mental man. Don't fall for it.
Will do, done it before but will def let my doctor know about it so i can get some valium. He's a real bro.

Anyways, don't say this often but thanks Sup Forumstards. Now where is the banana?

I have done this man, 2 years of straight drunk and I quit cold turkey, BAD idea man call detox center alcohol withdrawl can kill you unless you have some benzos. If you just get sweaty/anxious than ok just drink lots of water but if you hallucinate or convulse when you stop that is Delirium Tremens and can be as mentioned fatal, but it is hard to get to that point honestly a lot of time people just have mid level withdraw and will think it's DT's because it still fucking sucks but you can make it through with a couple of weak benzo's

twitch
>

Tiny is
/user

As far as the alcohol ill talk to you about that
im going through it right now
for now lets have some fun

idk man keep drinking, im drinking at the moment, but what i can advice is to work out, at least like that you will keep in shape, thats what i am doing