/classical/ - mottetos edition

I think the links are shit but I miss /classical/ so I'm posting them anyway edition

Post motets

>inb4 how do I into classical?
>General Folder #1. Renaissance up to 20th century/modern classical. Also contains a folder of live recordings/recitals by some outstanding performers.
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
>General Folder #2. Mostly Romantic up to 20th century/modern, but also includes recordings of music by Bach, Mozart and others.
mega.co.nz/#F!lIh3GRpY!piUs-QdhZACFt2hGtX39Rw
>General Folder #3. Mostly 20th century/modern with other assorted bits and pieces.
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
>General Folder #4. Renaissance up to early/mid-20th century. Also contains a folder of Scarlatti sonate and another live recording/recital folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
>General Folder #5. Renaissance up to late 19th century.
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
>General Folder #6. Very eclectic mix.
mega.co.nz/#F!O8pj1ZiL!mAfQOneAAMlDlrgkqvzfEg
>Renaissance Folder #1. Mass settings.
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
>Renaissance Folder #2. Motets and madrigals (plus Leiden choirbooks).
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
>Debussy. There is an accompanying chart, available on request.
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
>Opera Folder. Contains recorded video productions of about 10 well-known operas, with a bias towards late Romantic.
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw
>Crudblud stuff
crudblud.sjm.so/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=50a3b2QW1fk
youtube.com/watch?v=ifv5mTeG08M
youtube.com/watch?v=p01w8MpOkxM
youtube.com/watch?v=rW2cG-e0vYo
youtube.com/watch?v=bPKcW25BUV4
youtube.com/watch?v=FgYwwfRVQHE
youtube.com/watch?v=FJ00agLjPT0
youtu.be/HCCu1n3rBW8
www59.zippyshare.com/v/aa9W8TwX/file.html
youtube.com/watch?v=E-gP1Cb4S_o
youtube.com/watch?v=B3M0BqRM0P8
youtube.com/watch?v=HELxh1-diuA
youtube.com/watch?v=KTl_GnlLH4U
youtube.com/watch?v=JNpxyjYPVUg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Herreweghe
Pleb

Any good releases from your favorite performers recently?

Who is the best sacred composer after Bach and why is it Bruckner?
youtube.com/watch?v=50a3b2QW1fk

ATM my /classical/ folder is a mess, but I think I'm gonna spend few hours to rename each folder like that:
>composer name - (composition date) composition/album name ~ musicians names eventually (recording date) [release date]

how do you order your stuff??

I have 2 requests:
Is there no torrent with all the stuff in OP? Mega is cool and all but I prefer torrent for mass download.
Does anyone happen to have works from Alexander Konstantinovich Glazunov? Can't find shit on the internet?

Here comes the Pedal Harpsichord
youtube.com/watch?v=ifv5mTeG08M
youtube.com/watch?v=p01w8MpOkxM
youtube.com/watch?v=rW2cG-e0vYo
youtube.com/watch?v=bPKcW25BUV4

You spelled Franck wrong, also

>Bog composers after Wagner

I just dump all the files by the same composer in the same folder, because I use Musicbee and don't look at the files.

Have you tried searching rutracker with his name written in cyrillic, if you've already tried latin?

>Is there no torrent with all the stuff in OP?
No, and you don't need all the shit from the folders anyway.

What do pedals even do?

I didn't ask what for what a pedal harpsichord was, i asked what pedals do

>tfw just finished an audition + interview

well lads, it wasnt as bad as last time. i feel ok about it this time.

Okay, there's quite a bit of stuff on rutracker. I can't read ruskoff for shit though, quite annoying.

youtube.com/watch?v=FgYwwfRVQHE

youtube.com/watch?v=FJ00agLjPT0

Reminder that the Art of Fugue is a keyboard work.
Reminder that the best performance is on piano.

Bump

Lutz Kirchhof - The Language of the Gods, The Parisian Art of Lute Music (2007) [320kbps]
>Renaissance, Baroque. XVI-XVIIth French music.
Sample: (not samples but this is similar) youtu.be/HCCu1n3rBW8
Download: www59.zippyshare.com/v/aa9W8TwX/file.html

if anyone cans share XVth French stuff (ie. Josquin des Prés, Clément Janequin) that would be nice!

they add another harpsichord that you play with your feet. like an organ.

>absolute music
>asserting instrumentation

I sort of want to listen to this. I can't find an upload yet, however.
A couple years ago I read about this thing. He commissioned a piano to be built without the strings crossing so it doesn't get that sympathetic resonance. Like a fortepiano basically. I haven't heard a recording of it yet.

I'm a sucker for gimmicks.

What does Sup Forums think of Gesualdo?
youtube.com/watch?v=E-gP1Cb4S_o

spotify

well it sounds like a fortepiano desu

I'm really, really enjoying Bartok's Contrasts for Violin, Clarinet and Piano.
youtube.com/watch?v=B3M0BqRM0P8

Know anything similar?

Bought the scores for Rigoletto and Rheingold in a second-hand bookshop earlier today. Just as I was about to leave, I noticed the novel form of Cunning Little Vixen that Janacek adapted. Feel like it might have been providence considering I'm performing in a production of it in ~7 months. Also sang some Mantyjaarvi tonight, interesting composer.
Bruckner's sacred music is a lot more tolerable than his symphonies
Most of the relevant stuff is in English anyway (in the file information window stuff). Although for Russian composers it can sometimes be a little bit more difficult
>Not piano pedalier
Most underrated instrument
youtube.com/watch?v=HELxh1-diuA
Are you the pianist from the other thread? What did you play?

>that one piece that made you fall in love with classical music and even after all these years, you can come back to it and still feel the same thrill as the first time

What's her name /classical/?

[spoiler]Mondscheinsonate[/spoiler]

Literally Beethoven 9

I can tell you...but I won't. What's her name user?

mozart symphony 40

youtube.com/watch?v=KTl_GnlLH4U

Beethoven Meme Sonata. Not moonlight though.

Waldstein?

Sea Symphony

I can't listen to the final movement without at least welling up

Pathememe or Appassiomeme or Waldmeme or Hamemerklavier?

Hello again /classical/, I'm here to bring you my proposition. As I'm sure most of you have noticed, the Sup Forums core chart is lacking in several areas, but one of the most jarring omissions is a section for classical music.

So here's my proposition, I want you to suggest items to add for a classical section on the Sup Forums core chart. There's a catch though. The chart is not only the essential recordings, but also the records you feel have the best recordings. That way, people will not have to sift through endless releases of the same recording, trying to find which one is the best.

Let's make a chart so I can post it here > in this thread

Also, please post a picture of the album itself, it can get confusing trying to find the recording to put into the chart.

>The chart is not only the essential recordings, but also the records you feel have the best recordings.

What do you mean by this

I wrote that up really quick, but what I mean is the essential compositions from famous composers as well as a recording /classical/ best exemplifies said composition.

Paul Hindemith - Piano Sonatas - Gelnn Gould

I'm not sure if you're familiar with the 'best recording' debates that go on but there are often a lot of recordings in contention and a lot of it comes down to what your personal preferences are.

And if any old meme recordings get put on the chart, then most Sup Forums people won't listen to them because they don't know how to listen to classical recordings and will just moan about bad sound quality.

added, thank you very much

I was not aware of this debate, though that could pose a problem. I wanted to add this section since I know a lot of people have been asking for it for years, yet few have put in the effort to make one. Some people find it daunting to have to sort through hundreds of recordings of the same composition and I felt that if we waded through to the ones that many people agree on, then it will help get more people into classical music as a whole.

Ravel/Dutoit - Daphnis et Chloe

I think it would be better to have a list of The Bestest Musics by The Classical Gang and then have 1-5 great recordings of each but that's a hell of a lot of effort for a chart for a Chinese underwater meme site.

maybe instead of "best" it is more correct to use "notable". however, some artists release many recordings of popular classical music that are all pretty decent, so it would be nice to have some variety among performing artists as well.

>sort through hundreds of recordings of the same composition
unless you're a classical geek (in that case, you don't need such very basic essential chart), you can't really spot differences between such recordings: pleb like me prefer a clean recording & a nice artwork. We won't bitch about who record this piece, when, etc.

That works as well. It's better to have something than to leave no classical section in the Sup Forumscore chart, considering there's a large portion of Sup Forums that do listen to classical or want to get into it.

That's also a fair point. Considering this, though, what would you recommend?

>find mozart and haydn rigid and boring
>don't mind bach
does this make any sense?

Classical period music is longer and has too many repeats.

Ya you're a pleb.

Need not be stated, I'm talking about famous composers on Sup Forums

I have to disagree, and I'm far from a classical geek. Having listened to classical music for a year, I really have noticed that the performer matters. Many compositions that I couldn't enjoy at all turned out to be great once I found a different recording that suited my tastes better. For example, I love Gould's clarity in Bach solo suites, while Hewitt and Schiff when performing the same pieces just bore me.

>don't mind bach
>"don't mind"

I download a lot of music selectively out of box sets. Albums seem like rockist mentality to me. Classical music is inconvenient, that's just the way it is.

What Mozart have you heard cunt?

>Nocturne 2 was composed at the age of 20

Is Tchaikovsky considered pleb?
I fell in love with his music after playing some of it.

you're a pleb for asking if tchaikovsky is pleb

Symphony 40, Piano Concerto (9,17), Clarinet Concerto, plus a bunch of youtube shit throughout the years I didn't like; Piano Concerto (20,21), Requiem I liked alright but didn't care too much for.

I have no music degree or argument to make but it just sounds like some technical wankery to me

well you listened to his a lot of his least "rigid" stuff already

try his symphony 41, piano concerto 24, and quintet in c major

>not being in love with the slow movement in the clarinet concerto
You just have no taste or emotion, I don't know what else to tell you t b h.

>clarinet concerto
>boring and rigid

yeah nah you're a cunt

The one and only...

youtube.com/watch?v=JNpxyjYPVUg

>1951
>not 1942 or 1954

Agreed

Any rec's for non-poncy baritone opera singers? Saw Brian Stokes Mitchel on broadway a while back and enjoyed his voice, am looking for something similar.

>non-poncy
>on broadway
pick one

add
Vladimir Sofronitsky - Scriabin Recital

Arthur Rubinstein - Chopin 19 Nocturnes (Vol. 49)

petzold

were these the right ones?

What did he mean by this

this

fpmiu

essential

>Bruckner
>Best anything
what the fuck? you are tripping my friend.

>Keyboard work
*Organ work
It aint best on piano. too cold, cannot sustain the long pedal notes. One performer cannot accurately play all the different voices without butchering amounts of rubato.

Bach is full of life, endlessly interesting without being contrived.

If you listen to this general you're going to end up with some very poor recording and "essential" piece choices, just saying.

He isn't going to win any prizes with that. no dynamics, no extended techniques, no live electronics, no timbral exploration.

do you have a good download of this?

thats not a problem with black metal

you have nothing better to do

this got me into renaissance

Good luck.

The Mikado. I went to see it as a kid and still love it to this day.

What classical music would she listen to? Is she a bogposter?

Wagner and probably tylo be chillin

Chopin's nocturne op.55 no.1 in F moll

Verdi's Requiem

>Petzold composed Minuet in G major at the age of 10

what are good Brahm works

Who /crazy/ here?

Uni bought me near to suicide, the academic life is not for me and I have no talent, apart from playing proficiently classical guitar.

I'm going to quit uni, work a part-time job, live in squalor and poverty and dedicate all my free time to piano.

I know that I'm starting extremely late (I'm 20yo) but I guess this is my call. I'd rather be a loser in music than being a loser in Biology.

i know that feel bro, they say it's hopeless

Eh, I'm tireless and I'm already used to play music for more than 10 hours everyday. Also my theory and composition is in check.

It's still better than ending up in a shitty laboratory and do analysis for 30 years and then retire. I'm pretty sure that if I pick this road I'll kil mysef in less than 10 years, I'd rather fail in something that I truly appreciate. I may be lacking in modesty but I'm pretty sure that no artistic achievement is beyond me. I really feel that as long as I'm allowed to be creative I have no limit.

No it didn't, because Pérotin is medieval/ars antiqua

oh damn i knew it, whatever it can get mixed