Just started a job as a cashier. Standing around for 9 hours a day is killing my back...

Just started a job as a cashier. Standing around for 9 hours a day is killing my back. Any tips/advice from people who have had a similar job before. can be for anything related to job

what is wrong about sysadmin shit?

stretch as much as you can, and get a prescription for Aleve

You'll get used to it. Stop being a little bitch

Get a back brace? You probably have fatigue because your lower back is weak from not doing all the standing you're now doing. It'll probably get better. Be sure to stand with good posture to decrease the stain on your back muscles too.

Currently doing a night shift. I guess just get used to people being shit heads. Also be firm about what hours you can work.

yeah whats wrong with doing a night shift?

get a good pair of supportive shoes

Fake a horrible accident so that they have to let you work in a wheelchair, pretend to be crippled.

1. Stop being a pussy
2. Buy in-soles if needed, and pay attention to your posture
3. Think about sex, video games, etc. Let yourself day dream when possible. Makes the job go by faster
4. Make friends/acquaintances with people if possible, to also lessen the concept of time

Shoes and try to correct your posture. Corrected posture should have no issue with standing for that long.

That cat's face is priceless, thanks for the laugh OP.

Shoes are the most important part. Seriously. And get some insoles while you're at it.

yep it's weird bad shoes fuck up ankles, knees, back, everything

>stay in school so you don't end up dying for some assholes
>good comfortable shoes- maybe gel insoles
>do not lock your knees while standing around
>buy some ice packs, re-freezable types for your knees afterwards

old fart here; get some of that non-slip foam floor padding and stand on it. when i did factory work, eight hours a day at the same machine, standing on that foam kept my back from curling up into a treble clef shape.

why cant i do a sitting job?

>Any tips/advice
Man the fuck up.

Ask for a chair. Alternate between standing and being in the chair.

Or find a better job.

get nurse shoes, theyre compfy as hell, have a good posture, a bad one increases the weight strain on your neck

Back will hurt for a while. Wondered the same thing when I worked one of these jobs. You just got to build up the back muscles. One thing I've always done as a student is to fill my back pack up with Shit so it's nice and heavy. Same difference, your back may hurt for a while but you eventually build up the muscle to handle it.

here's a tip:
don't let your back pain turn you into one of those "$15 minimum wage" fucks who honestly think a $15 minimum wage would just make them twice as wealthy while the price of everything else stays the same

Save up for REAL good shoes, and if you can,lean on stiff in the mean time

confirmed for twelve year old who has never had back pain.

i won't be around to see it, but one day you will be suffering agony and when you reach out for help, someone will sneer and say "man the fuck up."

smoke pot. buy some doctor sholes insols, when you can try walking around a bit and stretch your legs. try working out and focus on your back and legs. honestly there isn't much you can do op, sorry.

obvious solution: tie minimum wage to inflation or the average wage.

also it doesn't 100% turn into inflation. Google it.

Stop weighing 400 fucking pounds.

Try not being a cry baby bitch. Your cashier job is too hard? You want $15 per hour? Fuck you, pussy. Little bitch homos like you are the reason I use the self check. Get a back brace and shut the fuck up.

i was about to say that. i just figured it out op is fat af obviously

Anti fatigue boots or shoes

yes yes we all know automation will remove all these faggots but since its not happening tomorrow...

I'm working on it. Your quads have inspired me.

Except i'm a wagecuck that works a 12 hour work day, standing the whole time except for a 1 hour break.

Lose weight, exercise regularly, enjoy back pain free life.

This. Padding is just as important as shoes. I worked 3rds at a gas station and had to just stand at the register. This was when cells phones could only text so it was boring. Told my boss I was gonna quit if he didn't buy a rubber mat for the floor

Funny, I threw my back out humping your mom last night.

Standing like that is horrible for your back because you don't get to move around. My back hurt way less when I was moving freight than when I'd have to just stand somewhere. Move around a bit. Even if it's just walking. If they give you a soft pad to stand on make sure you do. The way your foot contacts the floor when you walk can make back pain worse too, so when you walk make sure you're not stomping because that will jar your spine and make your back hurt more at the end of the day.. Try cracking your lower back if you can, it helps relieve pressure. Don't do it constantly though. Sometimes I will lean against a counter just so support the weight of my torso so it's not all resting on your hips constantly. Do some toe touches and stuff..Anything to get your back moving around a little bit. Your back will still hurt at the end of the day though. The only thing that will fix that is a different job unless they want to give you a chair. You could work that angle though if you get a note from your doctor.

You ever had a bad back faagot? Being a pussy has nothing to do with it.

Yeah wait til you get a bit older and your discs start to degenerate, you won't be saying pussy when you actually find out what real back pain is like mate

You're talking to a person that thinks telling someone to think about sex or make more friends is going to help their back pain.

Why should there be anything wrong with sysadmin shit? Am sysadmin myself and loving it

Fix your damn posture and get comfortable supportive shoes, those two are probably what's hurting you. Stretch too though.
If doing that doesn't alleviate your pain within a couple weeks go to the doctor.