/daily/ - bune Edition

It's

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>sunglasses emoji

topsters.net/
>Chat and shit

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>Jimmy Jazz and shit

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>Charts and shit

discord.gg/s5Rv7zJ
>Shitpost and shit

The Skype group was banned under the Geneva Convention.

Previously, on /daily/:

Why did you do this?

bune a cute CUTE

Your suffering must never end. Like Sisyphus pushing the boulder.

That's a good Algerie francaise reference.

thought it was a mythological one but whatever works

[1/3]

Might as well bump with a few of my reviews

>Caetano Veloso - Transa

Pretty cozy little MPB album overall. There’s some really nice grooves in here, with a great mixture of pop melodies and these Brazilian/tropical influences. Almost a psychedelic vibe on here on a couple of the songs that reminds me of something coming from the summer of love. Everything on this release feels more subtle/subdued and that gives this a much different atmosphere. While guys like Jorge Ben and Chico Buarque run with the samba influence, keeping their albums very upbeat, this is feels much poppier and much more on the melancholy side. Enjoyable listen overall, I just wish this was more upbeat or samba-y. Still, it was interesting to see a different side of this movement.

3.0/5

Algerie francaise is at the root of all things, especially mythology. It's that important.

[2/3]

>Sun Kil Moon - Benji

Was not a fan of this at all. I was actually surprised at how little I found myself enjoying this. The atmosphere is very dark, the singer’s voice is very melancholy, the guitar is repetitive, almost droney at times. Overall it should work. It should be something I love, this is right up my alley. I just can’t get past the lyrics. Sure, they’re incredibly personal and in the moment… but as a result I just find them to be sloppy. He ate KFC at his uncle’s funeral. Watched “Song Remains The Same”. And the mentally challenged girl down the street wanted to bathe with him. And “Dogs”, man that’s one of the most awkward love songs I’ve heard. Once again, that’s probably the point but I wasn’t a fan - it just felt… clunky. I didn’t find any of the songwriting to be impressive.

This dude is such a bummer but can’t manage to channel the incredibly personal and depressing subjects in a way I find interesting. I can see why people find his lyrics raw and intimate but I felt like they were bland. Not for me, probably won’t be revisiting this again.

1.0/5

right

Also Camus might have something to do with both but that's probably not why I said it.

[3/3]

>Snoop Dogg - Tha Doggfather

Sigh. Like basically every album of his except his debut, this is bloated, way too long and disappointing. Snoop isn’t nearly as lyrical as he was on Doggystyle and the production feels flat and derivative. Most of the beats feel like they could’ve been created by any average producer in ‘96. In just three years, G-funk sputtered out and this album is really a representation of that fact. While this has some sub-par production, Snoop somehow managed to get worse from 2/3 of No Limit’s plug-and-chug attempts afterwards. Clearly a money grab by Suge Knight or Snoop’s lazy attempt to fulfill his record contract. Either way, it isn’t very enjoyable.

There are a few nice moments on here though. The first few tracks are nice and groovy, Charlie Wilson has some nice hooks and Tha Dogg Pound has some solid features. And “Gold Rush” is way better than it should be. But considering this is prime Snoop on the biggest label in hip-hop (well... right before it collapsed), this is a pretty big disappointment. Not his worst album though. Dude’s career has been a huge waste of talent (maybe not all his fault though) and it’s actually been a bummer exploring his discography.

2.0/5

mhm

post meme trips

you might want to take a pill, friend

I'm all out and the stores are closed.

Hah, brutal.

Sdc

Avant-Math God is a post-meme trip tho

pic related is all the non meme trips

That's a pic of PS3 games dude.

Great thread friends!

working on it :)

kill yourself

working on it :)

your trips literally have the word "meme" in them
just sayin'

damn...

Thoughts?

Thanks for posting, now everyone can see how cool you are xD

Yes that was the point thank you.

how do i be as cool as you and get all the girls

Hail Satan robot.

this is lies

Yeah one of my rare panned albums. I usually try to stay somewhat positive with my reviews but I couldn't find much to like in that album.

so when did you get btfo and how bad does your butt look

no country for old cucks
the cuckfather
cuck fiction
2001: a cuck odyssey
12 angry cucks
cucked away
mulholland cuck
it's such a beautiful cuck
there will be cucks
cuckman or (the unexpected virtue of cuckolding)
the grand cuckolding hotel
apocalypse cuck
the good, the bad and the cuck

upvote

just like poetry

Really fires up the ol' synapses

>The Idler Wheel Is Wiser than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More than Ropes Will Ever Do
What did she mean by this?

Don't forget the cinematic masterpiece Cucknado 2.

thanks have some more

a cuckwork orange
the big lecuckski
cucked in translation
synecdoche, new cuck
cuck hard 2: cuck harder
aguirre, der cuck gottes
werckmeister cuckoldiak
star cucks: revenge of the cuck
the cuck of wall street
the seventh cuck
cucky games
indiana cuck

cuck flew over the cuckoos nest

damn i had this one in my mind but i forgot to write it down

yeah sure
ur done for

bless ur soul you are the hero this generation needs

The Virgin Stripped Bare By Her Cucks

this is awful

quality thread

Music related post; ignore.

Coltrane's s/t that high this week? I don't remember it being very special. Also you haven't listened to any Brel, loser.
I'd love to listen to some Brel now :-(

I ignored it.

>Robbie Basho
>John Fahey
>Mississippi John Hurt
>Washington Phillips
I miss Banjoman Franklin. He was a cooler trip than all you nerds.

>post music related stuff on daily
filtered.

pls no filterino

It's in no order, they're just the last 25 albums I listened to.
The one I've listened to the most is definitely Minor Threat.

I filtered you years ago.

Oh, thought you sorted them by most played like the ones generated with tapmusic.

>Whipping Cords Will Serve You More than Ropes Will Ever Do
don't hang yourself, get into bdsm (with life, presumably, so that's amor fati)

At any given moment in /daily/ there are twice as many posts about complaining about /daily/ as there are memes (if you don't consider the complaining posts memes, which they certainly are).

Nah, that would be too much work.
If I listen to them again I give them another rotation.
So: Peter Cusack is my most recent listen (ie right now) and Dimensions and Extensions is the oldest, which will be replaced when I listen to something new.
I think it's more revealing than the last.fm charts because it shows the order you listen, for the most part.

Ugh, please stop shitting up the board with complaints about complainers, It's getting worse than the original complainers and I feel the need to complain.

not as bad as the complaints about the complainers who are complainting about the complaints

blobloblo

aa

brrrrrrrrrrr

there are now twice as many posts ITT about people complaining about people complaining about complainers as there are people complaining about complainers.

honestly? same.

This was a very interesting listen. The sampling of traditional folk music combined with the space-age inspired sci-fi sounds definitely gives this a unique flavor.

It's a meme but you should check it out.

lol fag

lmao I get 5x as much pussy as you kid

this is true

5 x 0 = 0
sry mang :/

which is still zero pussy

I could've sworn it was fish who told a story about him losing his virginity on daily/. Maybe I'm misremembering though. I would have at least 5 pussy at that point.

>giving a 1 just because of the lyrics
t. pleb

>listening to music
t. embryo

IT'S GOOD POSTING TIME

POST YOUR BEST POSTS

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm milck

and from there it was all downhill

kind of like life

>Contemporary noise makers
>Alan Vega

new meme

New Dean Ween album is fun, just not very good.

Half done with this chart, but nothing really worth talking about so far that I've heard recently. Rain temple is just bad ambient with trap beats sometimes.

Just listened to Bauhaus' Bela Lugosi is Dead, and while probably not really something that I feel would catch most of /daily/'s ear, I absolutely adored it. It's simple and has a linear, satisfying progression. Add that to that specific vibe and you have a Fish delight. Good stuff.

fuckin heck forgot the pic

UNDEAD UNDEAD UNDEAD UNDEAD

A shame the B-sides aren't that great.

Listen to Sta-Kaidan or one of the Russia memes next.

OwO WHAT'S THIS???

Lmao who tf remembers this shit.

Doing this immedietly after I'm done with which should hopefully be sometime before December rolls around if all goes well.

planning on it soon. I'm planning on finishing that chart within the month so I can get onto this thing I promised to be the end of the year.

good quads lad

Im on TV!!!

these are some FUCKIN NICE POSTS right here

no sorry these won't do, post better and more dankly in the future

i prefer my chart with muscular calvin and hobbes r34

Here's a rare meme, imported all the way from Taiwan.