Hi Sup Forums, I'm curious

Hi Sup Forums, I'm curious.

Let's say I want to charge my phone through a wall socket, but the cable is damaged. I could still charge it that way but I am at risk of receiving an electric shock.

My question is, does charging something through your computer (or connecting anything really via USB) eliminate that risk, since no electricity is involved?

>since no electricity is involved
nigga what

There is still power coming from your lap top Bro, it can still happen but not as bad

With your logic that's like saying there's no power in a tazer lol I beg to differ

Stop being a pussy

>no electricity

Not sure if bait or just stupid

Your laptop/PC will only output the 5V with low amps whereas the socket is much higher - Through your computer will be much much safer.

a phone is usually charged with 5 V thats mentioned on the charger itself, so you won't get a high voltag shock.
if you load it via usb port there is still 5 Voltag applied. The only difference is the amperage so there might be the chance that your phone needs a bit longer to charge via usb port

get a new charger cable op, or some electrical tape.
>no electricity involved

>Because computers use steam

>no electricity involved

I forgot about those hamsters, thanks

Every smartphone charger has a transformator applied so there is no chance of getting a serious electric shock either way>>. 5 V in any condition

You can't get shocked by touching 5 volts unless you are licking the wires, retard. Your skin is too resistive for 5 volts to get through it enough to feel it. Just don't stab one wire through each finger for the current to run through your electrolyte rich blood and you'll be fine, nigger.

That's it OP's stupidity has'nt to bother him anymore

Sorry replied to the wrong post. I wrote the bit about licking wires. Client I'm using is retarded and I can't reply to my own post.

lazy bait

the strength of the shock depends on the amperage. It's not unrealistic to get a shock of 5V even if you have thin skin and not sandnigger like dry hands

I'll assume you're american, so your wall socket puts out 120V AC

That'd hurt, but you wouldn't be in life danger if your home fuse box has an RCD

Now, I'll assume your computer has USB 3.0 outlets

calculating the final volt and current output of a USB cable when it's charging your phone is difficult, but I doubt it's gonna be higher than 60V

60V is needed to break the resistance of human skin, so if your skin isn't wet or abnormal in any way, touching a exposed wire of the USB cable while it's connected to the computer won't have an effect

But that doesnt matter, just put some fucking insulating tape around the exposed area you fuck

The amperage drawn is the product of voltage and on the resistivity of the medium the current travels through. E=IR. So unless you are a fucking frog with fucking wet frog skin, there is no way you are going to ever feel 5 volts. You can have fucking 30 amps of current possible to draw on, and your skin will still never draw that much.

Pretty sure this is bait but just in case: most USB ports (wall socket or computer) only output like 2.1 amps or some shit which is fuck all

Jesus I hate all the stupid niggers in here that think they know how electricity works. Guess what, retard? It's always 5 volts. The 5 volts doesn't change. Guess how much voltage comes out of a 800 AMP magical wall charger that I just made up that is powered by fairy dust? 5 volts. Nigger. Shove your stupid made up 60v number up your stupid ass and die.

>My question is, does charging something through your computer (or connecting anything really via USB) eliminate that risk, since no electricity is involved?

Fucking niggers ...

Oh good another retard. If 2.1 Amps is fuck all, then grab two leads of something with 220 volts that has a limit of 2.1 Amp output. Then see if you have fingers left to type another ignorant post.

It's obvious that you're a Democrat.

Just microwave your phone for 5 minutes and the battery will be fully charged

They told us in school that the current whatever device is connected to the USB cable defines just how much V exactly runs trough 1 wire of the USB cable

And 60V made up number? Go fuck yourself too buddy
60V AC and 120V DC are the general voltages needed to break the usual resistance of human skin

Go ahead, put 800 amps on a wire that only runs 10V for example
It won't break your skin resistance unless you lick it, you stupid mouthbreather

How do you think these prank shockers or the little pietzo shockers of ligthers work?

Stupidly high voltages, low current

Fucking democrat threads. Will you ever learn?