Hey, my son is turning 18 and wants a new gaming device...

Hey, my son is turning 18 and wants a new gaming device. I can't afford a good gaming computer (max 700 dollar) so I thought about buying a steam machine for him.

Is that a good choice? He plays on his pc all the time and it cost as much as a xbox one

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/guide/b9Xscf/modest-gaming-build
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Okay I guess not.

awful choice. google logical increments and use their build/budget guide

op you can get a great gaming pc for 700$ depending on what games your son plays

ask your son you moron. You don't have to buy him an entire gift either, just go halvsies on an epic gaming rig

Just buy him console
400$ and you still have 300$ left for awesome games

no OP do not do this, a console has nothing compared to a PC, please do not follow this failure's example

this OP, just get the best with what you got, dont keep money for games its too easy to get them for free

build him a gaming pc for 700 bucks. or get him a 8th gen console and some games.

Fuck of mate
Consols are first and only real gaming gear

You dense mother fucker

a console isn't bad you fucktard. i'd prefer a console over a 400dollar pc anytime. but when it comes to 700 budget, either get a entry lv gaming pc or a console + games.

Here's what you need to know...
1) Look at the chart. You're going to want to get him a PS4.
2) Steam Machines are a waste of money and an epic failure in the gaming market, due to poor advertising.
3) The OS is glitchy on Steam Machines.

>or a console + games.
thanks for letting us know you have no taste

Except being a PC gamer will ruin your life. As shown in this picture here.

Console gaming > PC gaming

Man you get get a really good computer for 700 dollars.

>no taste
>same games that are on pc are on consoles

are you one of those dense motherfuckers with a gtx970 who thinks he is the top end of the line pc master race leader?

Get him a NVIDIA Shield. Its inexpensive and you can always play modern games on it.

get a console, hella cheap right now and u dont need to update ur hardware every two yrs. also more and more devs r ignoring the pc, and the ports they do get r shit. pc gaming is dying

omfg, stop it already. both consoles and pc are very good for gaming. both have their up and downsites. stfu with the war already. you fucking virgins

If he's turning 18 a PC will have more function for him as he goes to school/ learns a trade/ moves out. For most, a plug and play console is the way to go, but you need to consider what the utility will be

you dont need to upgrade pc hardware every 2 years, you cumslut.

someone in this condition, to my knowledge, have yet to exist m8, i am on the computer as much as i can, i go to school i got a job, if we make the right choices in life we dont end up being the kind of degenerate you are.

The point of wat i said in previous post was that PC will always be better then console, you can deny but you cant avoid it m8, a PC will always be worth the money a lot more than a console

Consoles
>idiot proof
>subscription fees
>have to buy another console every 4 years

PC
>fully customizable
>no subscription fees
>upgradeable
>fun until you get malware

The war will continue until the PC Master Race cease to exist. Also the only virgins here are the PC Master Race for the obvious reason.

Holy shit. This couldn't be more true.

omg sftu u cumslut

Desktop PCs and terminal style computers will be the only ones to exist after laptops go away. They will be niche, but their niche will be hard to replace

u cumslut. both systems are completely fine. go kys drink bleach, Sir.

No I have a 980 ti. Why the fuck would you buy a video card with 4gb vram advertised with only 3.5gb vram?

You mad about the 1080?

>same games that are on pc are on consoles
bloodborne is ps4 exclusive
designed to run on that specific machine
fps still locked at 30
consolecucks will defend this

False. Someone in this condition already exist. All PC gamers are fat bearded lifeless virgins who worship Gabe Newell because he looks exactly like they do.

Also games sell better on console than PC. Which is why gaming companies still make games on consoles. Heck it took 2 and a half years for PC gamers to get GTA V. They didn't want to release it right away due to the fact that PC gamers will try to pirate it, so they needed to find some kind of counter measure against piracy, hence why it took so long. Meanwhile console gamers already enjoyed this game and moved onto better games. Also Batman Arkham Knight on the PS4 is better than the PC port. In conclusion consoles are better than PC.

P.S. PC gamers are the degenerates because a huge majority of them lack morals, are anti-SJW's and have anger issues.

u should all kys.

Unless you want to play an MMO. Then PC is $30 a month.

If you want to keep up with current game specs you do, fucker.

Not really, I'm actually hyped as fuck that I went with the 980 TI when I did. It's the sweet spot right now and will last 4 more years at least. It will outperform the 1080 until the gigabyte and msi versions release

Best MMORPG out there is Black Desert.
It doesn't have subscription fees.
The game itself only costs you a one time payment of $30.
Problem, kid?
Hmmmmmmm?!

tell him to get a job and move out you cuck faggot

what? $700 buys a great gaming computer. Just purchase the components and make the little shit put it all together himself.

>Best MMORPG
>korean grindfest
>literally dead on arrival

Indeed.

I think smart phones and tablets are already replacing PC and laptop.

Don't know what a "kys" is, but drinking bleach is something you should do. I'll stick to my healthy drinks such as Green Tea and V8.

current game specs doesnt mean you need to max out a game at 120 fps, you dip.

no u

Oh, but you have to pay for in game content in order to stay relevant dipshit. It's. $30. A month. Or hide content behind a paywall. The fact that you're not admitting what everyone already knows shows you know how right I am.

Christ, are you 40?

>thinking MMORPGs are actually free
Are you even trying?

Nope. I'm 24.

/thread. my rig was $550 total plus $20 here and there for extra parts later on. I can play any game out there too.

Sitting here wondering if OP even knows what an "emulator" is...

pcpartpicker.com/guide/b9Xscf/modest-gaming-build

there's a $700 build that will play whatever.

>malware

yeah if you're a fucking retard who's never touched a computer before, you useless faggot.

24 and THIS technologically illiterate?! you redneck.

>I think smart phones and tablets are already replacing PC and laptop.
I almost spit coffee everywhere

PEBCaCs all up in this motherfucker.

$20 for extra part? The fuck are you talking about. A new relevant graphic card costs as much as a console. A new processor costs twice as much.

>I can play any game out there too.
at 15fps

I'm talking about stupid bullshit like an extra RAM card or a spare power supply cord you retard.

>graphics card
>processor

You've got to be shitting me with this level of autism. Who buys a full rig set up and DOESNT buy all of this at once!? WHY DO YOU THINK IT COST $550 IN THE FIRST PLACE?!

>being this fucking stupid

Op I built my own very budget PC (around £300) that game run GTA 5 on normal at 60fps
Specs are and fx 6300 6core 3.5 GHz (£90)
r7 250x 1gb (£60) Asus M5A78-M USB3 motherboard (£40)
Dont remember what pay or HDD and windows 10 is about £20 off g2a or kingdom and monitor I got for free but hey

This is why consoles are perfectly fine, you dont need to spend 800+ dollars to be able to play games just perfectly fine. Its so simple.

In terms of developer support Phones and Tablets have already taken a majority. Hardware is getting there too.

>developer support

If you weren't so fucking retarded, you'd be your OWN developer support with a pretty decent computer. Seriously google what an "emulator" even is. I'll wait.

You mean hardware like tablets and phones?

Talking with PC faggots is like willingly jumping into a pool of glass and aids. The entire gaming population hates you pieces of shit. You all pretend like you are gaming though. Yall need to fucking die.

I built my gaming computer for 780 dollars, surely you could too. Maybe don't get an i5 of you can't spare the extra 80, but build a pc don't get a stream machine

This

Why dont you ask him? Gifts dont have to be a surprise you two can figure it out and build it together

Op, the xbox 1 and Ps4 are going to have price reductions soon and you can prob find some for like 300 on amazon. 300 plus 2 games($50) plus headset ($80 for a decent one)plus year membership($60?).

50 for each game*

I get it. You wasted your money on a console and now you are in denial but you don't need to be this butthurt about it.

Even 1070 outperforms 980ti

Advice for OP, buy 660 $ pc and overwatch for 40 and u r done...

Talking with console cucks is like trying to explain quantum mechanics to a kindergartner.

This is what he was talking about when he said the entire gaming population hates you, Jesus fuck get over yourself. I've played console my whole life and I feel perfectly comfortable and happy about it. Hell I can't even play my favorite series on PC.
Sure having a PC would be rad but because of faggots like you I dont want one.

>$540 total

Hilarious.

a kindergartner who's actively telling you that he wants to remain stupid his entire life.

>but because of faggots like you I dont want one.
consolecuck logic

>because of faggots like you I dont want one.
>I'd rather listen to children scream nigger at me over a headset that has to be plugged into my controller while I play call of duty

There's never a guarantee a game will even play on your PC. Console is always guarenteed. And much better supported as it's one, of the biggest richest companies in the world, supporting their console. Not a GPU manufacter, CPU for another, RAM drivers etc. Not to mention OS tweaks all the time.

/thread.

>There's never a guarantee a game will even play on your PC. Console is always guarenteed. And much better supported as it's one, of the biggest richest companies in the world, supporting their console. Not a GPU manufacter, CPU for another, RAM drivers etc. Not to mention OS tweaks all the time.
Thank you pajeet.
Sony has deposited $.50 USD into your bank account.

since when does a cpu cost 600 bucks>

>OS tweaks

what kind of fantasy world are you even living in?

Doesn't change the fact that game developers have much bigger reasons to create Phone and tablet games vs. Pandering to PC fagtards that are just going to pirate their shit. Birch.

btc 2016
>sage

> wants a gaming PC
> is too stupid to build one
> doesn't even have a friend that can help him
> I d-don't w-want a pc anyway, the community sucks

not an argument

Oh sorry. I thought you were buying on a budget, not the goddamn internet police. For reasons I won't go into, I HAVE an ANDROID EMULATOR that PLAYS these APPS and TABLET GAMES, and you can STILL access their "contact us" for help and support shit. There's even entire FORUMS to go and ask these questions on. I've emailed them directly, and I receive responses in less than half an hour. Because I contacted a GAME DEVELOPER thats providing CUSTOMER SUPPORT to an APP that my COMPUTER is currently running.

At this point, you don't even deserve a PC let alone know what the fuck you're talking about.

>being this fucking useless

Only sensible comment in the whole thread. If you're buying something JUST to play games on and do nothing constructive, get a console. If you want something that you can use for useful work and programming as well as games then get a PC, and a real PC not that dumbed-down Steam junk.

But yeah I can't believe he's 18 and wouldn't havve his own opinion on this, so to me the whole thing feels like a bait thread which totally succeeded.

>AD 1945+71
>using redneck as an insult
I listen to rick and bubba every morning, chew tobacco, live in alabama, and can build my own PC. Stop thinking we are all dumb

I'm pirating my android games what's your point

And I'm FROM Texas.

>THATS what you chose to get bitchy about ITT

Op don't be a terrible father. Buy your son a couple prostitutes and quit trying to ruin his life with gaming bullshit.

Like I said. 99% of gamers are busy enjoying their console and games and high quality online. 1% of faggot Retard PC gamers are pretending they ARE gaming, while justifying their insecurities to content happy people. You're cancer. You pieces of shit give gaming and gamers a bad name. No. One. Likes. You.

Just give him the Money. He's old enough now, to know what he will do with such an amount of Money

Idiot, literally THE LAST thing I said is I dont want one.
What the fuck is your point about the community? You hate console players so stop pretending everyone likes you.

Found the 13 year old white cunt who yells "nigger" on xbox live.
>literally no one likes you

>a video card which can run at twice the resolution of current consoles costs as much as a current console.

FTFY

Your community is full of tweens who have no depth perception and yell at each other about it while they jerk it to shit graphics and throw money at the console overlords overcharging for their products.

I'd rather listen to prepubescent children screaming all day everyday over a console headset, than listen listen to self assured pig headed faggot PC whores.
That's a lot of gaming.
Don't think it's any less because you all spend everyday jerking eachother off online.

I think your faggit aon is showing his asshole in another thread.