Let's just all admit that this is album is bad

>awful production
>mediocre singing
>poor instrumentalism
>decent compositions
>faux-sincere, nonsensical lyrics
The best thing about this album is the cover.

>awful production
I like the way it sounds
>mediocre singing
I like the way it sounds
>poor instrumentalism
yeah
>decent compositions
yeah
>faux-sincere, nonsensical lyrics
how do you know what's faux-sincere and what's real sincere

>poor instrumentalism
explain this

oh yes you convinced me i no longer enjoy this album
fucking contrarians

listen to it again but without thinking of it as a meme

>OK Guys, I don't like this so neither can you.

Suck my dick nigga imma listen to it rn just to spite your nappy ass

>instrumentalism

Yeah, instrumentalism. What about it?

Technically it's a bad album, yes. But it's part of the modern trend of finding value in "surrealist/abstract" i.e. Pretentiously weird or shitty, on "purpose". Not that most Sup Forums browsers know this, so this post won't get anywhere except triggered responses.

>purpose in quotations
loving every laugh, good b8

if you mean the use of instruments it's instrumentation

Wrong. Instrumentalism is also acceptable. Look it up.

The fact you think that's bait means youre horribly behind on basic knowledge in cultural trends and you really should leave

>inb4 you think you're cool and off-beat for not knowing

but it's not correct, instrumentation is the correct phrase

saying instrumentalism in place of instrumentation is just a perversion of the english language

It has a nice feeling to it, that it succeeds to deliver, at least to me.

$3.50 says you're a prog-fan.

>01319▶
> (OP)
>It has a nice feeling to it, that it succeeds to deliver, at least to me.
>$3.50 says you're a prog-fan.
You just lost $3.50, guy.

I'm an oldfag and this is one of the greatest albums since I was born in the 80s. I can understand why someone wouldn't like this upon first listening to it, but if it doesn't grow on you after awhile, then I sincerely discredit your opinion in music. In my everyday life, I am by no means some sort of music "patrician" that goes around and judges people by their music, but if someone were to come up to me and tell me they listened to this album a bunch of times and just hated it still, I would feel sorry for them more than anything else.

Having said that, I think everything Radiohead is boring so most here would consider me a "pleb". Oh well.

the english language is a perversion

I LOVE YOU JESUS CHRIIIIST

>awful production

guitar has never sounded better than it does on the first seconds of King of Carrot Flowers

OP's post gave me intense 08-09 nostalgia

>I am by no means some sort of music "patrician" that goes around and judges people by their music

>if it doesn't grow on you after awhile, then I sincerely discredit your opinion in music

Really made me think.

jesus christ you guys suck

>But it's part of the modern trend of finding value in "surrealist/abstract" i.e. Pretentiously weird or shitty, on "purpose".

Dude what the fuck
What is with people like you who INSIST that Modernist or Experimental art is insincere and obnoxious and primarily intent on asserting the superiority or intelligence of the artist/audience

guess what doofus
some people just like this shit
some people take delight in sensory experiences vast and varied
and ask not for every rational appeal to their irrationality to be executed with the utmost of technical ability and formalism

you have to realize the inherent failure to reason that occurs within the implication that everybody who enjoys "surrealist/abstract" (two terms you completely misused btw) art is simply faking their enjoyment of the art

some people value different types of experiences then you do
some people value the sound of this man's voice for the emotion and manner and character it conveys
some people are more concerned with it being diretly harmonious then they are in those things

suck my dick

>perversion of the english language
couldnt the same be said of your failure to capitalize or puncuate

or your calling "instrumentation" a phrase when it is in fact a word

language is a constantly evolving fluid and subjective thing that is created and determined by man. words mean what everyone thinks they mean, deal w it homeboy

>Modernist or Experimental art is insincere and obnoxious and primarily intent on asserting the superiority or intelligence of the artist/audience
>you have to realize the inherent failure to reason that occurs within the implication that everybody who enjoys "surrealist/abstract" (two terms you completely misused btw) art is simply faking their enjoyment of the art

Never said that, or implied it either. Anyway, it is very much part of postmodernism, and so are you. Seems you dont have enough self awareness to acknowledge it, though.

>Look it up
>literally every hit proves him wrong
Don't use terms you know nothing about

im a fan of skepticism but being a blind contrarian DOESNT make you look smart (or whatever the fuck you were going for)

meme

are you autistic
people like the album because emotions

hahaa you're a fucking nerd bro honestly get fucked

is that a potato?