Hey moo, i have to write a paper on what is the best music genre so would you guys please tell me your favorite and why...

Hey moo, i have to write a paper on what is the best music genre so would you guys please tell me your favorite and why. Pls no meme i want discussion

probably tylo be chillin

His face pisses me off

hip hop because it can have a strong social message

Metal that no one knows about

Folk because it can have a strong social message

>hip hop because of things totally unrelated to music

Steal your professor's phone and find out

Retards
Attempt
Poetry

KEK

blues rock because it can have a strong social message

Pop because it can have a strong social message

I said no memes

what kind of essay topic is best music genre . though. Write music is subjective to the individual, then punch your pretentious professor in the face.

it's entirely related to the music though

I like to say Classic Rock, but it's such a huge genre that it encompasses a mega shit ton. I guess Rock Opera works as my favorite.

Memes because they can have a strong social message

Frogcore.

What the fuck kind of paper is that?

danger music because it can have a strong social message

Baroque pop. Examples being, Pet Sounds, SMiLE, Odyssey and Oracle and Forever Changes.

Post-punk because it incorporates all the best genres before its rise and spawned all the dopest genres after its "fall"

this and Chamber pop

Most genre's could be argued to be the best, its all up to personal taste.

You could argue pop, solely because it appeals to such a broad audience, it has an easy listening approach that most people can listen to and has always changed to suit the style of the time.

And no I don't like pop, or even regard it as an actual genre, but I feel its probably up there with the best for that reason.

Electronic and it's 10,000 sub-genres.

>And no I don't like pop, or even regard it as an actual genre

Art rock, b/c rock is the foremost musical form of the 21st century and the purpose of art is to induce new thoughts and feelings amongst an audience and communicate as radical, new, unique, and honest a message as possible, and music which is generally identified as outside of the purview of the avant gard/art world or whatever typically does not strive to do just that

Rock bc rock is the most important and relevant music of this era (even if only as a transition to "pop") and avant garde/art rock because desu if it's not experimental it's not as important to the overall cultural, artistic, and intellectual development of our species

this is how i actually feel

id say blues or ragtime for being the roots of american music and because the sheer amount of music made since that can be considered derived from it. Its more about influence than preference but its such an unignorable influence in todays music

Whats funny? have an opinion, don't just be another pretentious memer on Sup Forums

>I don't like pop, or even regard it as an actual genre
>not an actual genre
How can you debate that?

look at pop from the 40's to pop of now. Do you regard them as the same genre?

That's not how you should write it.

>He doesn't realize he's actually supposed to explore the dichotomy of subjectivity vs objectivity in music

my favorite is hip-hop, like in the classic sense, not trap.
probably art music tho, but that's not really a genre

shut the fuck up normie

"""""""""Classic"""""""" """"""""Rock"""""""" is not a genre

Not the same but still pop.

Goa trance is the correct answer here

Carly Rae Jepsen because she has a strong social message.

it could be an argumentative/persuasive essay you fucking sperg

THE FACT

warm drone because it's comfy af