What does Sup Forums think of Bo Burnham?

What does Sup Forums think of Bo Burnham?

His new thing on Netflix was shit, I liked the one from a couple years ago a lot better... He got all "deep" and ended up sounding like fucking Jaden Smith.

I loved Words Words Words when it came out, if i would listen to it now, id still probably like it. Tried watching What when it was new, did not like it. Same reason as Daniel Tosh i guess, my style of humor changed. Now Tosh and Burnham sound hyper pretentious to me. havent seen Bo's newest thing yet though.

I love his first works, and I sometimes end up rewatching "what." and laughing my ass off.

He's incredibly smart and a great writer, but his delivery is fucking awful and he tries way too hard to be some Renaissance man. A little discretion and subtlety would go a long way with him.

I like his song from the perspective of god, it's funny and the end gives you feels, other than that, no idea about the guy.

He's like 8/10. What makes him different is the fact that his music isn't just funny, it's actually catchy.

i have never once found any of his material remotely funny

Yeah I agree, it's cringey as fuck sometimes

first two specials were amazing. his latest special? is he on suicide watch?

Anyone think that he browses Sup Forums?

He's a pretty smart guy and a really funny guy at that but most of his shit seems like it would fit on Sup Forums. I don't know.

He has some funny jokes but comedy music is generally shit across the board and his songs are no better. He can sing and play well, but when you have to force a joke to fit into a song it kills it for me

He seems autistic enough to browse Sup Forums

I'm like 90% sure he's gay but has decided to stay in the closet for some reason. Listen to the perspective of god when he says, "I don't want people to think I think I'm better or think I know better because it's just an act up here..." You could say his voice was stressed from singing prior to that but I don't think that's it.

He's a great talent.

Not saying that I like their stuff, but the hyper pretentiousness is kindof the point with them I think. It's part of why they're funny.

He makes me laugh so hard I cry and I'd love to fuck his brains out

I think he's a funny guy, but performers normally don't handle success well if it comes too early. Most comedians that get famous don't have it happen until like 30.

I like him a lot.

ive only ever watched "what." because people are saying the others are bad

thats very true! Sometimes it can get too much for me, especially Tosh. At least Bo Burnham's character is 'smart, awkward musical comedian', so the smart is balanced. Tosh is 100% pretentious white guy (not saying its bad, it is funny) but it can get overpowering.

What was one of my favorite comedy specials ever. Havent seen any of his other shit

Shouldn't have made it any farther than slam-poetry nights or small hipster coffee shop open-mics.

You want a real comedian? Bill Burr.

/thread.

Yeah I agree with you, it can.

how bout some birbiglia

yes.