What do you think about gun culture in the US?

What do you think about gun culture in the US?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_motor_vehicle_deaths_in_U.S._by_year
youtube.com/watch?v=cX5CPx4RKWw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

West Germany? How old is that wtf

Those statistics don't mean much because they aren't proportional to each country's population

> west Germany
Enjoying the 80s?

That's misleading.
Guns are wildly more available in the usa. Of course people will use them more to kill others.

What you should post is the murder statistics for each country.

all of the other together is less than the usa so it doesnt matter =/

I think it would be worse if only the criminals had guns.

It still is much more, when you divide people killed and populations, USA is still higher

Guns are not sentient

They do not operate themselves

People killed those people, not guns

80% of those homicides are gang related, and mostly black people shooting other black people, and in a country of 320 million people, that's not a huge number

It's good when it's done right and people are taught to respect, not fear, firearms.
Much like drugs or sex, it's a topic that only the educated will be safe with. Where was those that were sheltered and never learned about it will be the ones that misuse it and get hurt.

USA, what a joke of a country...

This is why people don't take them seriously. They're like your old crazy grandpa who keeps on rambling nonsense.

I don't really care at all

its hilarious
thousands of people die every year because a bunch of fantasists whove seen too many movies think guns are cool

Argument is invalid

I'm sure we'll continue sending your shit country aid, and support you if you ever get attacked

Don't worry, papa America has you under our wing

We don't have a gun problem. We have an eggplant problem

How so?

>What you should post is the murder statistics for each country.

OP did, murder by firearm you fucking stupid cunt

because muh feelings

How about the overall murder rate, not just by guns?

It's hilarious. Thousands of people die each year because people insist on driving cars instead of riding horses or walking.

That's not an invalid argument. It's an argument stating that the issue is not that we have guns, the issue is that we have high gang violence.

Post the overall murder rates.
No shit a country with more guns has a higher gun death rate.
Did you also know people who have swimming pools are at a higher risk of drowning than those that don't have them?

That is a very simplified view of America's situation regarding firearms.
There's a lot more that goes into it and other factors that don't necessarily effect other contries.
For example; majority of these shootings take place in areas that are lower in the socioeconomic brackets. The reason why don't necessarily matter too much whether it's gang violence, an argument between people or whatever that's where the majority of it takes place. It's not the guns themselves but the way people are raised around them in poorer areas. Guns are commonly referred to as "problem solvers". People aren't taught to resolve issues in a healthy way but instead to use brute force. This is only perpetuated by rappers and movies that make it seem like the lifestyle of a killer is cool.
Unobtainable healthcare is also a big factor. It's a lot cheaper and easier for someone to buy a gun and deal with their problems that way versus feeling weak and seeing a psychologist and getting themselves into a substantial amount of debt.

lmao i bet you dont even realise how dumb that is

10728/48+8+34+52+58+21+42=40.8

that means that the population of all those countries combined would have to be almost 41 times greater than the population of the US for the numbers to be in the same ballpark.

Kek

Calling me a stupid cunt while not even being able to grasp what I said.

Abandon thread m8, this won't be good for your self-esteem.

16.3 per 100,000 in America compared to 3 per 100,000 in Europe

This is somewhat relevant to your post

all the reasons why I own a gun.

It's hilarious.
28 people in the US alone die every single day to alcohol-impaired drivers that think they're okay because it was only two drinks (Source: CDC)

It's hilarious.
Half a million die every year because of a bunch of people that think smoking is cool or helps them calm their nerves (Source: CDC)

It's hilarious.
13 million babies are aborted in China each year because the government imposes penalties on families with more than one child
(Source: Wiki)

You picking up what I'm putting down?

that's just false, the US is at 16.3 intentional homicides per 100,000 people. It should be bright red

The plus side is you can tell who the low IQ white trash are. Let's me know who to hire for the shit jobs because you don't have to pay them much.

A very interesting read, thanks Sup Forumsro.

guns don't kill people, people do

if you ban guns people just throw knifes and stones at each other, so everyone who dies now would also die then.

learn2logic

no
none of those things has anything to do with gun culture, not even a remote connection
unless your point is that some bad stuff happens in the world so nothing matters, fuck everything, who cares if people die

You dumb retard, that's including "Americas" as in North, Central South America, not just the US

And everyone knows how much of a shithole Central/South America is

the lower classes are coming for you

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_motor_vehicle_deaths_in_U.S._by_year

actually it would make it worse. because the police would have no more guns, but all the criminals would.

that's why we need to make america great again

yes, americans are dangerous drivers and there are a lot of deaths on the roads. but you see, this thread is about gun culture.

ITT Eurocucks mad that their governments don't trust them enough to afford the right to defend their lives by any means necessary

>West Germany
Cool new statistics from the Cold War

Police will never be disarmed in the US. This isn't like Britain where there are some morons that think NOBODY should have guns, these are a different type of moron that think ONLY the state should have guns.

Judging from the font that's pre-desktop publishing so before 1987.

interesting idea the only down side to it is that it just chance from the strongest person wins to the person who pulled his gun first wins

if your attacker already has his gun in his hand and your gun is in your pants or breast pocket or whatever he will not let you grap your gun before he shoots you if your hand goes towards your gun he shoots so the agressor always wins while in the case without guns the attacker only wins if he is stronger

tldr; it chance from only strong people can be attackers to everybody can be an attacker and you no longer have a chance to win when you are attacked

I fucking love it.

>United States
>No. 112 on the list at 3.8 per 100,000

Do you even read what you post?

It's after someone tried to assassinate Reagan. Published by the Brady Campaign which is entirely uneducated and dishonest about the subject of firearms, yet tries to push stricter laws regarding them.
The type of people that don't care if someone gets killed as long as it's not with a gun/

>culture
>US
kek

read up on the kalergi plan

gay

Where's the video of the 20 British cops trying to apprehend a single black dude when you need it?
Unarmed police is a ridiculous idea. An authority figure/force should have an intimidating presence and cans of spicy silly string don't really do that.

It's a non-issue.
Americunts would be better off concentrating on things that actually reduce crime instead of focusing on things that have the minimal effects on society.

Action is always faster than reaction, user.

It only takes me about 1.5 seconds to draw and fire from concealment, and it would take at least that long if not longer for a person to react to the movement.
That is unless you're getting robbed by a superhero, in which case you've already lost.

Stupidly ignorant people obsess about guns. They make up 'murica - home of the fat and and land of Wal Mart.

You're assuming that the rounds hit their targets, and that they are instantly incapacitating. Real life isn't like the movies where every round fired hits

Simply having a gun isn't a magic wand of death, you still have to fire it accurately.
And you're assuming that the criminal wouldn't run away once he realizes you can shoot him back

Not nearly as big a deal as everyone makes it seem.

I just want the shootings to stop. After Sandy Hook, I just said "fuck it take 'em. if that's what it takes to stop this from continually happening."

Yeah, that actually is the point. All these things are considered useful, tools, or fun, or something along those lines. When they get misused, and they will get misused, I'd wager it's a fair bet to place the burden on the person misusing them, not the actual item. The bottle of vodka cannot drive a car, and it's not the most common thing for a cigarette to smoke itself in a room full of toddlers. If it wasn't guns, it would just be some other thing, because a lot of human beings cannot think beyond what makes them feel good in the moment.

THAT BEING SAID, yes, ultimately, guns make murdering someone a lot easier than, say, using your bare hands, but they don't make actually getting away with murder any easier than, say, burying a hatchet in someone's skull. Now, you and I and rational people understand that, whether you support the right to privately bear arms or not, when you have a handgun, it's not a fucking joke and you can end someone's life with it even by accident - it's a tool we would take very seriously. So you have to consider who it actually is that murders people in the US at such a rate that we have the problem with gun violence that we do.

Behold:

And and do you type much?

ye but people rob you with knives in countries without guns, they don't rob u with fists

Was that before or after you realized you had a cuckold fetish?

No it's about a picture that lists gun related deaths in various countries.

Nobody even mentions "gun culture" apart from you.

This was one example I could find.
youtube.com/watch?v=cX5CPx4RKWw
Not a single gun or even a tazer in a situation that would easily be justifiable to use it. They have to wait for tons of officers to arrive with shields to take down one guy.
While you can argue American police can be trigger happy at times (But I've seen only a handful of situations I would call unjustified), this is way too far on the other side of things.

There is more deadly attacks in those countries than america.

>Here you might get shot, there you get stabbed. The amount of violence is about the same.

top kek

Now go prep your bull

Do they not even have tasers over there? Is it seriously that suicidal to be a bobby?

how's that re-education working out?

>Do they not even have tasers over there?
Only a few do since they're so dangerous

I don't care about them personally, but I think they're important to many people, because they represent the power of people against a potentially oppressive state. They are the safeguards that defend the citizen against the unfairness of a crooked political system, should there ever be one, thus they are literally the rampart between democracy and tyranny.

But in all objectivity, the best weapon against guns (pun unintended) isn't a ban which would focus the debate on guns themselves, as objects, as it is now the case. The best weapon against guns is consumer lethargy, obesity, laziness, self-indulgence, i.e. the creation of nice and fake collective image of what the capitalist world is, and what the place of the consumer should be in it - and which supposedly is the central place, since what matters is the consumer's satisfaction, but it evidently is just an illusion.

Most people will suffice with a nice cliché, they don't want the real thing anymore, especially if you need to work to get it. So, give them the illusion, through consumerism and self-sufficient immediate rewards systems, that they are free, and they'll be happy with it.

Basically, people defending this anti-gun craze are working for capitalism. And, as shouldn't be astonishing, it's Western leftists, who really are the perpetual useful idiots of all political ideologies.

I completely agree user.
A lot of people seem to scream police brutality as soon as someone is shot in America but as you said, there's only a handful of times I would consider unnecessary.
There really needs to be a better "middle ground" for unarmed police forces.

How do you take that from a misunderstanding to a full-blown fuck up?
Like, seriously, hands up in the air, "I'm an electrician, I have a screwdriver in my pocket, feel free to remove it if you want"
Fuck

Preach nigger

I hate niggers. That's a fucking hipoint.

Why would the police even care if he had a screwsriver in the first place?
As long as he's not threatening somebody with it or something, what's the big deal?

Oh wait, it's the UK

If anybody had them, nobody used them.
British police are a perfect representation of the nation. Self defense, a basic human right is restricted to the few.
Like when a Jihadist publicly beheaded a British soldier and they had to wait for a special response team to show up and shoot the killer.
What was once the greatest Empire on Earth sat and watched as a member of its armed forces was cut down, and then they were worried about offending people who shared similar beliefs to the killer.

Worse, they use molotov's as well, and burn everything to the ground. All that fire would accelerate global warming.

Go to India and get back to me

It comes down to a lack of empathy, situational and self awareness, and not being able to stay calm and level-headed.

Cops are people too. For sure, they will have their fuck-ups and assholes who just treat it as a paycheck, but then they'll also have to deal with average citizens that are just fuck-ups and assholes. When you take two fuck-ups and put them in a room together, give one a gun and tell the other that the one with the gun wants to put him in jail for life - well fuck, you're not going to have a great result.

For the rest of us that stay calm and try to understand what the other person is thinking and feeling and not just listen to our heart because emotions are stupid, for sure we'll have disagreements with cops and other citizens, but it won't ever get to the point of someone needing to get shot.

Because the U.S is many times bigger and Canada is low by default.

That is a very good point Sup Forumsro. I will be definitely be giving that some thought.

Oh my God, yeah, I hope he sued them for every last penny, that's atrocious, but regardless - what the fuck, y'all? It's like a sitcom unfolding or something.

The great "I'm offended" scandal. Fuck that shit, you try and kill an innocent (or hell, even crime-ridden) member of society, I don't care who it offends, I am going to do everything in my power to beat you within an inch of your life. Can't guarantee I'd win, but it'd be worth trying if other people saw and joined in. I think it was Carlin that said it: "I'm offended - so fucking what?"

Gun culture kills far less people than black culture.

Zig Zieglar said it best: "You will get everything you ever want in life by helping others get what they want." That transcends simply a sales process and encompasses so much more. Cops want to not be uncomfortable and nervous just as much as you and I do. When people get nervous, they don't function properly. Keep them calm and have them feel that you're cool and you won't hurt them and your experience will go a lot better. Does that necessarily mean that they'll ignore their duty to give you the speeding ticket? I had it happen once, but I'm not counting on it as my go-to "Break all the laws without consequence" card.

Of course, we could teach people to take responsibility for their actions and understand that the law (and life) will sometimes work against them for no other reason than being in the wrong place at the wrong time, but it's much easier and more comforting to absolve yourself of any and all fault and just blame the world for all your problems.

Again, this fucking thread

Niggers killing niggers
I fail to see a problem

This. We're not allowed to say it's black people otherwise we're RAAAYCCIIIIS so we have to blame it on guns.

kek

I bet the surgeons were mad as hell that they had to waste a heart on him

Right? Bait has to be subtle.....kinda realistic, believable to the undiscerning eye....

This is outright dumping the worms and poles overboard, and then wondering why the day's catch is weak.

The last gun thread reached nearly 400 replies before 404

>mfw people who want to ban guns are just emotional children who base their opinions on fear instead of logic

>mfw anti-gun men have T levels low enough to warrant medical intervention

I think America's fear culture is more harmful than it's over all gun culture.
Also i'd like to see the statics on all violent crimes in those countries and what percentage of those crimes were committed with guns and the percentage committed with other weapons.

Moar logical points pls!

>T levels low enough
Yup.

It's difficult to compare America with other countries because they classify crime differently