How good at science are you? good enough to figure this out?

how good at science are you? good enough to figure this out?

Other urls found in this thread:

enchantedlearning.com/subjects/astronomy/stars/startypes.shtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>both suns weigh the same
wat

A sun made out of lava??

this is impossible, if it's the same size it can't be the same weight, Lava has a different density from ice.

>Same mass
>same volume
>different density
Fuck off

>10 million pounds
>lava
>ice
>1000 degrees
Kill yourself

how much kelvin is a celtigrade?

not necessarily, you dont know what kind of lava it is
sandstone is much lighter than granite, for example

Trick question, if you're good at science you'll see OP is not

theyre the same size arent they? and then farenheight degrees are a bit smaller

>-1000 *C
kek

i dunno. i'am no a celt and i don't know any living celts

Everything about this is wrong. Literally wrong

you're just a jew

If you overlook the massive errors... The ice would most likely melt before the impact, then evaporate before anything happened.

-1000ºC is below absolute zero.

shut the fuck nigger up you don't know how to do science

also their opposite temperates would force them to join together and become a planet

In what universe is a normal sun made of lava you fucking retard. It's a hydrogen fusion reaction

lava cant melt steal beams

Ah yes, the elusive negative Kelvin, only achievable through massive quantities of frozen matter

disregarding the obvious scientific flaws in this picture, the sun made of ice would very quickly collapse and start fusion, becoming a normal star. Same with the other one, only the spectral lines would be weird as fuck

dude wat how can a question be wrong? someone might get the answer wrong but a question is a question

even if you would ignore that the collision itself would generate a lot of heat. pushing the net towards warmer temps

your mother would come

Thermal balance

Not even the best science page on Facebook knows

it clearly says celtigrade not kevlin

GOD WOULD NOT ALLOW IT TO HAPPEN!

>Cold sun not having negative mass

>10 million pounds
>volume of our star
>it possibly being lava or ice

kek

OP you are just retarded, and I do hope that this is just a shit-tier b8 thread otherwise you are mentally sick and should never try to wrap your tiny little mind around things like this.

Anyone with decent understanding knows that 1000C would not even be close enough to allow fusion to happen to sustain the star's fussion to take place and
>Weigh the same
>Same size as each other
>Different temperatures
They cannot be the same size and have the same MASS as each other due to the 'cold' star being more dense than the 'hot' star you fucking mongol, this is down yet again to simple understanding of particles that we all know your meaningless existence can't comprehend.

>LiteralAutism.jpg

> -1000 degrees celtigrade
KYS

they cant crash into each other becuz ice sun would fall down,because of weigh and gravity
and lava sun would be floating high because of hot air

so basically one is going up and one going down so if they ever meet it would have already happened so no need to question or didnt happen and we cant know. we dont have the science

First off, replace "lava" with "plasma", and that's more accurate
Second, replace "cold sun" with "largest comet in fictional history"
Just to make it realistic

Now, what would happen? Well, the comet would provide more hydrogen and oxygen for the Sun to use as fuel for its nuclear fusion.

Yeah, basically that

>-1000
Thats below absolute zero
But ignoring that, ice sun would just add more mass to lava sun which would make it implode and form black hole or super nova

Great to know someone has the same scientific understanding as op

A freshman science class could tell you exactly why that's retarded.

-273.15 C is the minimum possible theoretical temperature because the kinetic energy of the atoms in the substance is directly proportional to its temperature. At -273.15 C the atoms are completely still, so you can't drop below that point.

You should have learned this in high school.

>cold sun

Shit, a retard could tell you why it's retarded

Well negative temperature is a thing, but yeah it's more complicated than just saying "it's even colder than absolute zero xxDDD".

But the 'hot' sun isn't even close enough to allow fusion to take place in the first place.

cold suns arnt real since there pretty much balls of burning plasma. and its kinda funny since blue suns burn so much hotter than red ones

> sun of ice
What is this?
Reverse universe?
The sun colds the "water" because that planet is to hot?

well because the temperatures are opposites the stars would repel, just like magnets. opposites repel each other, so they would never touch. so yea youre wrong. i dont know what would happen if you pushed them together because you need a lot more energy than there is in the universe, like at least 20000 volts or so, so there is no way to figure it out because its impossible

ice sun melts as it get near sun, eventually just steam

Oh God what the fuck

There is no such thing as -1000 degrees celsius.

Something being cold just means there isn't alot of heath in it, therefor the rock bottom is the point there is none at all (which is far below -1000)

far above*, you shmuck

Bumping cause of autism.

>Celtigrade
Just noticed that, gave me a good chuckle.

its funny how some ppl have such blind faith in what theyve been taught when the universe is so big and scientists are probably completely wrong about some stuff and things they say are impossible might be everywhere
truly intelligent ppl would consider all possibilities

That's how suns work
Nuclear Fusion
That is their sole method of function

god you're stupid, OP said celtigrade not celsius. celtigrade is the official real way to measure how hot stars are, and 1000 celtigrade is pretty hot. like at least 75 degrees celsius, which is much hotter than we ever had here on earth

NEW QUESTION

WHAT IF A STAR-SIZED ICE BALL COLLIDED WITH A STAR OF THE SAME SIZE

Measuring weight in space
Volume without density
Sun made of lava
Only 1000°C
Sun made of ice
Not possible temperature

EVERYTHING IS WRONG

Get your shit together user.

They would become a normal, Earth-like sun.

Omg... people are only as retarded as they are able to believe others are...
OP is a genius and i really cant believe how many of you fell for it. Of course it is wrong on million levels, it is common knowledge, you really really do not have to explain it to anyone.
Also some responses are golden.

Edgy

Our sun is made of plasma... Not lava and if it burns at 1000 degrees centegrade then its hardly a sun... More like a star.

A "sun made out of ice" would be a comet. And it probably wouldnt be conventional ice.

So it wouldnt be a sun vs. And ice sun: it would be a star vs. A comet

Also, like everyone has already said it cannot have the same density.

In short, the star would win.

>how good at science are you?

Better than you knowing that you don't know shit about science.

maybe such things could exist. I think it was einstein said that all things have an equal and opposite, like for years we only knew about normal energy like light and now theres dark energy that we cant see

Lava sun crashes into the ice sun causing extreme vaporization of ice. This in turn causes a massive explosion of expanding gases.

Can you explain the train of thought that led to you making a distinction between a sun and a star based on temperature?

>look at me im a knowitall
personally i think the ice sun will win for the same reason water beats fire.

It is so obvious. Anyone who doesn't get it is fucking stupid. The ice sun would crash into the laVA one but would not completely cool it just one half around. So you would have a half lava half ice planet.

If only you knew child...

>lava

Well said user. Most of what "scientists" believe are only theories anyway. Its not like this stuff is set in stone.

Not really tempeture but it wouldnt be big enough to be considered a sun

EDGY
D
G
Y

Nice trips but I'm a science fanatic. I know this would happen. Lava is like the same consistency as molasses plus or minus a few increments. Ice is obviously solid then melt turning the lava into stone ice.

>cold sun

Top kek

>-1000 ºC

So then where do you draw the line between a star and a sun?

This thread is really keeping me busy while I wait for Fallout 4 to download.

no, you could think that, but it is the same paradox as the open fridge in a closed room.
the room would actually get warmer and warmer because the fridges horsepower upkeep produces more heat than cold (no machine has 100% efficiency).
so after collision the sun would become hot and became lava again.
probably this is how our sun was created

>not knowing how stars evolve
>pretend to have a clue online to impress a bunch of strangers you'll never meet
>thinking 2 solar masses could result in a black hole

If this happened the sun would get exponentially
hotter, in fact would melt every one on earth in about 10 minutes or so, the ice would would
actually add to the suns fusion, lets also not
forget that they would have to be going nearly
the speed of light for this to even happen given
the heat from the sun and the ice planet melting
before it even got near the hot sun

/ thread

Oh user. You're really trying this hard are you?

Just looking away from the fact that this thread is retardation itself
HOW in the FUCK would ice emit light?

enchantedlearning.com/subjects/astronomy/stars/startypes.shtml

it is simple. suns have plantes around and stars are in galactics.

have you seen this thing called THE SKY maybe you should look at it sometime
>but user whats the difference between an ant and an elephant

What... Are you?

>probably this is how our sun was created
Uh... No

same as moon?? wtf back to school

Inferior dark being, go back to your own reality

What do you mean what am I? I'm a normal person.

you know when you get really warm you go red, kinda like a sunburn? if you get warm enough you make light. well, just like when you get cold, you become blue, and if you get really really cold you make light as well. so a really hot star (at least 500 celtigrade) makes red light, and a really cold star (at least -500 celtigrade) makes blue light. did you never have biology at school?

> celtigrade

They are the worst kind of people ever. They are pedophiles to soon to be pedophiles. It's disgusting. Anime is garbage. Pic related.