Why is the cyrillic writing dying out in Montengro and to a lesser extent in Serbia?

Why is the cyrillic writing dying out in Montengro and to a lesser extent in Serbia?

Why are the monteniggers (and a good part of Serbs) such self-hating cucks?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z6fG3EgZGvY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

What's the point of cyrillic anyway? I can't speak any slavic languages but I can read Cyrillic pretty well. Seems like latin letters could do the job just as well, but I don't really know what I'm talking about.

General market occurences. Media trying to capture a wider, regional audience

muh heritage and ASSTHICC ASSthetics

They don't want to relate with us : ^)

Understandable

Because of Belgrade and its own mondialistic "elite". They think cyrillic is something old, non fashionable and nationalistic.

go away evil moor man

so basically normies use latin script and edgy l33t t33ns use cyrillic?

We don't care senpai.
Ironically Croats did more to preserve the purity of the Serbian language than the Serbs.

We have no issues using anyone else words for stuff, we have short memories and easily forgive everyone.

Plus the internet isn't helping, since we know both it's easier to write here in latin and everybody is writing in latin

But in real life generally, people use written cyrillic for writing down stuff.
Like 90% at least.

On signs and stuff ? Lately we've been producing more signs with cyrillic than latin to be honest, but most signs are from the yugoslav era meaning they're in latin.

The media and the academia use the Latin script due to its representation on the market. See students in Serbia, for example. Most of them probably use foreign textbooks due to lack of translations. A simplified example

>Croatia
shoo
you are not qualified to reply on my thread

You mean we preserve the true S-Croatian spirit. When will you heathens reform your language? Vocabulary especially?

Mongolians also use the Latin script more and more. On the internet, the Latin script seems to completely dominate (which is interesting since there's no official "approved" Latin script for Mongolian AFAIK), though you still see some cyrillic. And interestingly, the traditional Mongolian script is making a comeback and is now taught in schools, and I think (though I'm not at all sure) that there are even some laws which force businesses to have signs in the traditional script. So basically a lot of Mongolians are perfectly "fluent" in 3 different scripts.

As far as I can tell, all Serbs use both extensively

It's a pretty easy alphabet anyway, except for cursive cyrillic which is a complete clusterfuck

fkn use our alphabet pls

Cyrillic is better for slavic languages. It has letter for every sound. Its fine in Latin too but objectively cyrillic is better

how the fuck would you you szlovakia

Because s*rbs are shqiptars who camt handle BIG BULGARIAN ALPHABET

>What about montenegro trying to distance themselves ?

No, they're a tourist country it's purely a financial based decision, even though like 90% of the tourists in there can read cyrillic because they're either serbs or russians, Montenegro is trying to take the western path and leave Russia for "civilized word"

But afaik there is no propaganda there telling them cyrillic is the tool of evil serbs.

>How come noone cares
It's just the general spirit around here, nobody cares about anything.

In Croatia they don't use cyrillic because
>I'm not a Serb
is the basis of their nationalism and identity.

We have no such issues with using Latin since we consider Croats to be Serbs.

We also have a lot of loan words from everywhere

ie despite being closer to italy, Croatia has far less Italian loanwords than Serbia.

They tried to preserve their language though they sometimes get ridiculed for it , because it's another basis for "

>oh look we use a different word for this, this is our language now, we're not serbs

We have no such issues.

And general apathy is just what we do.

>What's the point of cyrillic anyway?

You end up with a language like polish i.e. czhshtszhctschzhcshsstsh

That's not really true, that's mostly just because Polish didn't want to use diacritics such as carons, and so instead of š they have sz, instead of č they have cz, instead of ž they have rz, etc.

If you want a better example of how to properly use the Latin script for Western Slavic languages, just look at Czech or Slovak.

gross desu

What

nice meme

>Montenegro is trying to take the western path and leave Russia for "civilized word"
Smart guys.

>ie despite being closer to italy, Croatia has far less Italian loanwords than Serbia.
pic related, map of croatia

>Seems like latin letters could do the job just as well

Because in my language it would turn most words into disgusting abominations like that: "ščävelь", "uçästvuūšim", "niistovstvuūščuū", "priliçestvuūščie", etc.

фaк јop мaдp бacтpд

You do realise you're literally proving his point

>ščävelь", "uçästvuūšim", "niistovstvuūščuū", "priliçestvuūščie
>Russian
>Not the black tongue of modor

only if you wanted to represent every single sound in writing. modern russian script already doesn't do this (there's a lot of different ways to pronounce a or o for example) so it wouldn't be a big deal. Personally I think the bigger issue would be soft consonants. Russian has more of them than any other slavic lang and putting j everywhere is ugly as fuck.

how

i can write all of russian words in Slovak and they look normal

>implying j as a semivowel isn't aesthetic as fuck

In Serbia it's because it's a pain in the ass to type in cyrillic and then have to switch to English every single time you want to post to an international forum, and many people have English keyboards that don't have Serbian letters on the keys (Serbian keyboards were hard to come across back in the day when PC use wasn't as widespread and many people who work with computers more than usual got used to the English ones) so even if you install the language pack it's easy to get confused if you don't use cyrillic all the time
On the Serbian keyboard y and z are switched around for some fucktarded reason, commas, full stops, exclamation marks etc are moved to random places and q = lj, w = nj. Also, C looks like S in cyrillic so it's easy to get confused if you're not concentrated. There's also a tonne of 'special' letters like sh, tch, dj etc.
Also, unlike Russian it's totally possible to write in Serbian without using the cyrillic script so people just started doing what was most convenient for them.

the issue is you'd need it fucking everywhere in russian. пять becomes pjatj, дecять becomes djesjatj, etc

>despite being closer to Italy

i dont think italy cares about serbia or croatia, tbqh

You should check Hungarian.
youtube.com/watch?v=Z6fG3EgZGvY
It's as if I suggested you tu rait laik zis. Latin for the most part is absolute shit for Slavic languages.

that wasn't even the point jfc

>You should check Hungarian.
Non germanic and latin languages are fucking memes lmao

I had a Polish friend try to explain the difference between cz and ch to me. It was kinda funny, but I couldn't hear a difference to save my life. He just kept saying "ok man, c-z sound like "ch", and c-h sound like "ch", you hear difference?" And I'm just over here trying so hard to hear the difference and going uh.....no?

Reminds me of when a Mexican friend asked me how to say apple juice in English. When I told him, he said "chooce?" and pointed to his shoes. I went "no....sssshhhhhoes" and he was like "cccchhhhhoooooosse" lol he couldn't hear the difference between sh and ch any more than I could hear the difference between cz and ch.

Stuff like that is what keeps me learning as much as I can about every language that I can. That shit fascinates me.

So I guess my understanding of cyrillic isn't as good as I thought it was then. How would those words be spelled in Cyrillic? Would you mind pronouncing them on vocaroo? I'm fascinated but completely lost, I don't really have any slavic friends to talk to about this stuff anymore since I moved.

what was the point?
in the grayed out areas italian/venetian words are very common, and serbs would most likely have a very hard time understanding them

This is how does Russian look written in latin script. And these were the first examples came to my mind, there are a lot of much more complicated and fucked up words in Russian.

Щaвeль, yчacтвyющим, нeиcтoвcтвyющyю, пpиличecтвyющиe.

Já si nestěžuju

looks like щaвeль, yчacтвyющим, нeиcтoвcтвyющyю, пpиличecтвyющиe

>This is how does Russian look written in latin script.
that's how it looks in the fucked up one that you either came up with or found somewhere. A middle ground can be found between that clusterfuck and Moscow metro style shitty latinization.

why ç instead of č? in Serbo-Croatian ч = č

Try Ř

Who cares
Serbocroatian alphabet is so primitive it doesnt really matter which one they use
Especially if they're have 1:1 equivalents
it's not like with polish or czech - if these had their cyrillic versions it would be both pretty comlex and very different from the latin they currently use

Also, no wonder they don't want to use the fuck ugly russian style cyrillic

are you talking about the difference between english 'ch' and polish 'cz'?
I can explain the difference in a simple way to you if that's the case

>Cyrillic is better for slavic languages
I don't see how it's better for South and West Slavic languages. Just because of ш/ч/ж?

>modern russian script already doesn't do this (there's a lot of different ways to pronounce a or o for example)
this is called vowel reduction and this exists in english as well to a bigger extent
the difference is that english reduce unstressed short vowels to a shwa and in russian every vowel has its own different reduced form

it would be written piatj and diesiatj, logically

Ok so excuse my ignorance but couldn't it be like this?

Щaвeль = 'schaveli'
yчacтвyющим = yuchastvusch
нeиcтoвcтвyющyю = neistovstvyuuschyyu
пpиличecтвyющиe = prilchestvyuuschie

I'm sure I'm missing some of the subtleties of the diacratics, but couldn't those be addressed as with Polish or Slovak or Czech, as leaf mentioned here?

>Also, C looks like S in cyrillic so it's easy to get confused if you're not concentrated.
literally no one over the age of 4 gets confused by that
>There's also a tonne of 'special' letters like sh, tch, dj etc.
special? more like useful native letters that aren't in anyways worse than latin alternatives and seem very natural to natives

literally can't even man. My ears haven't adjusted to these languages at all.

You're right. The Slovak doesn't understand anything.

easier to write in

>It has letter for every sound.
no, it hasn't, it has to use digraphs to denote soft consonants, for example

>in russian every vowel has its own different reduced form
Not really. Only /u/ has its own separate form. Other vowels turn into [ə] after hard consonants and into [ı] after soft consonants (except for the first syllable before the stressed one where Sup Forums and /o/ are pronounced as a slightly reduced [a]).

H͓̼̳̋̏͐ͣ̅̔͗͡ẹ͎̳̥̤̼̹ͦͮ̈ͫ̓̒͢ ̗̻̲͖̰̰̱͕͒ͣc̵͇̖͕̗͖ͦǒ̭͎̆ͭ͂̾ṃ̨̮͎̜̻̳̪ͮ͋ͩͮẻ͎̥̺͋̑͐ͫͧͮ͋͑̀sͬ̄̅̓̉͗͏͙̺͕ͅ.̫̟̓ͣͣ͋͛́̕

Щ = shch, not sch

in the old Dutch transliteration they used schtsch

anyway it's a lot more nuanced than english, that was my point

the main plus of clusters like "cz", "sz" or "rz" is that one can write them using one stroke, it was quite important in the renaissance when our literary language was born, but even today it's more comfortable to type "cz" than to use some combinations like ALT+c or CTLR+c

>68908594
you mean, handwriting?

>schtsch
7 letters for 1 sound

It looks better than Latin alphabet.

In German we still use that
The DDR used "stsch" though, so Хpyщёв would have been written as Chrustschow

Is it?

fuck off, you know I was talking about vowel reduction , not langage as a whole

>Хpyщёв

Khroeschtschjov in Dutch (the old way)

sch makes sense desu
even if it's not exatly right, it can had its own trigraph different from just sh and ch next to each other

>Hикитa Cepгeййeyитcч Хpycчтcчoy

But sch is ш.