ITT: Favourite album and mental illness

>bipolar I, OCD, GAD

Please no self-diagnosers please, goddamnit I hate those kinds of people

this is a very very bad thread

Why?

Bee Thousand

I don't have any mental illness/disorder. All the psychotherapist said was that I had social anxiety problems. Otherwise I'm clean.

>Pet Sounds
>OCD, Dysthymia

>paranoid personality disorder

>PDD-NOS (Autism)

end my suffering

>not using Black Sabbath - Paranoid

mummy forgot to wash my favourite anco t shirt for school :(

My gf has bipolar 1 and holy shit she's a fucking handful sometimes. Like when she's having a panic attack over something insignificant and can't breath and wants to kill herself.

That sounds more like anxiety than bipolar, if that's all she deals with...

What is GAD, I have never heard of this

hopefully just fine

i think you should break up with her, then. she deserves someone who'll accommodate her illness, and you obviously deserve someone more emotionally stable. your heart's not in the relationship, it sounds like a chore seeing her, so why carry on? sometimes you just have to look at yourself, and ask yourself if you're truly happy. i believe that's the meaning of life, to be happy, and you should both do what it takes to reach it, because in the end everyone deserves happiness :)

good luck with your relationship, i hope you can work it out

Generalised Anxiety Disorder, you should look it up if you would like an explanation of what it actually is

He bipolar gives her really bad anxiety, when she's in her depressive states, the smallest things will set her off and cause her to have a breakdown.

No, because I know what she's going through and I help her work through it. Even when all I can do is hold her, because she's sick of being told "it will be alright" by everyone.
I don't want someone more emotionally stable, I want her, and her bipolar is part of that so I deal with it.

>Paralytic Stalks
>Borderline Personality Disorder
And honestly, by listening to oM's discography post-Satanic Panic, I wouldn't be surprised if Kevin also has it

Boards of Canada - MHTRTC

Bipolar, cba to look up what type, but I'm on geodon (anti-psychotic) and lithium and I'm stable as long as I don't let abusive streaks of heavy drinking wreck my mentality.

I guess you could consider alcoholism some kind of mental disorder, because I'm not physically addicted to it.

do you like have a nice life?

How is she like when she goes through mania?

Just anxiety and a slight OCD caused by boredom

Elaborate on your OCD

When I spend too much time in front of PC, I just start checking random things over and over again out of pure boredom. Pretty sure it's not real OCD

Nothing diagnosed. I have problems with repressing things, to the point where I don't really know how to deal with stress in any other way. All I know is I'm not completely fine. (Therapy helped me realize I'm not suffering from depression, but my insurance ended before I could make progress beyond that and I had to stop.)

I had tendencies as a child which pointed undeniably to OCD, but I got out of that as I got older.

No, that's not what OCD actually means. I fucking hate when people think they have OCD because of that sort of shit. I don't know why people can't take five minutes out of their day to research what it actually means.

Saying you have OCD because you check things out of boredom, is like saying
>i was too lazy to get out of bed today, i have leukemia
Like, it doesn't make any fucking sense

What kind of OCD behaviours did you have?

Nothing diagnosed but my social skills are poor enough that I wouldn't be surprised at an overzealous psychiatrist telling me I have something.

ADHD
probably why i dig the arrangement so much

Hyper sexual, drinks a lot, does things impulsively like spend money she doesn't have.

Mentally I'm the healthiest person I know

Have had Major Depressive Disorder for 3 years now, I never felt depressed nor would have guessed I was if my psychiatrist wouldn't have told me so.
I actually feel quite good with my life, so my guess is depressed people make a lot of drama out of it and drown in a glass of water.

Two major ones.
First is that I had a hang-up with uniformity in my own actions. It would manifest in weird ways; if I tapped one of the fingers on my hand on the desk idly, I'd have to tap the others or I'd start to get anxious. If I brushed one of the keys on my keyboard on its bottom edge with one of my fingers, I'd need to do the same on the other edges too. And then sometimes I'd need to do it again with the other fingers. It felt like I was leaving something incomplete if I didn't, and I couldn't handle leaving it unfinished.

Second is I had a strong preference for left over right. As in, the directions themselves. I'd try to slow down my walking to make sure I entered a room left foot first. I'd tap my feet to some kind of rhythm, and I'd keep redoing it until it ended on my left root. It didn't have to be a rhythm I heard - I'd do it with things someone said, or words I just read. I'd perform this ritual all the time over anything. It sounds insane but I actually felt some strange hostility toward the right direction. I'm left-handed, so perhaps that was a factor.

And somehow these, along with other nervous tics I had, just kind of disappeared over time. Glad they did.

highfive baby

autodidact autistic

Lucky for you. I was first diagnosed with it over 15 years ago.
I don't get treatment for it because no healthcare in the USA, so I take it one day at a time.

I'm Edgy and I Desperately Want Attention: The Thread

>Major Depressive Disorder
>I never felt depressed
How?

>depressed people make a lot of drama out of it and drown in a glass of water.
Oh yes, every bored teenager on the internet is "depressed"

>Since I Left You I guess

>social anxiety, Idk if I'm depressed now but I've been diagnosed with it on 2 separate occasions and spent time in a psych ward

ADHD, Anxiety and Depression.
I probably have something else, because I seem to get really, really into stuff past the point most people would. I feel like my other top several albums is more interesting. I heard this at the right place and the right time, and my first experience with it pre-hearing Dark Side of the Moon or any Sup Forums stuff is part of why I have such passion for music.

Dysthymia

It's really interesting how the brain can sabatoge its own body in very unique ways. I have OCPD and I constantly think about counyless violent, sexual, and innapropriate situations that were completely intrusive and involved my friends or family members. It was really strange yet completely debilitating, I was miserable for many years, and I used to isolate myself too

Says the person who doesn't have OCD

Because people are mentally ill? I think you're doing the same by calling people Edgy or attempting to lol b8 people. Fuck outta here normie

he's a cunt.

No self diagnosis? I feel like if you actually take the time to research what you may have, then monitor and test yourself it's perfectly viable to diagnose yourself. Not everyone is like OMG, dude Im soo ocd, I have to like walk on between cracks

>normie

What are you, an abnormie?

>I seem to get really, really into stuff past the point most people would.
Sounds like Asperger's

I meant to say Pure-O OCD, by the way, not OCPD. I don't know what I was thinking

Depression, BPD, and ADHD

>Is This It - The Strokes

I concur

I do have OCD, and have been diagnosed with pure-O OCD. If I didn't have the disorder, then I certainly wouldn't be fucking trivialising it, because I actually know what it is. I mean, I don't know why so many people are ignorant about something not that complex. It's because the American education system and media portrayals of mental illness are fucking skewed.

I have mild assburgers

That's what I meant, is people who do that ADHD or OCD stupid shit. But, honestly, so many symptoms of various mental illness are connected , it can actually get tough to pin point what you exactly have. I would be safe to get an actual diagnoses, so that you don't associate or act within certain parameters of mental illness behaviours, since that's quite common.

By the last sentence, does that mean you've managed to deal with those issues in some way? I had a bit of something like that as a kid too, but nothing quite like what you describe.

We're just a fucked up species. I hope there's extraterrestrial life somewhere out there that's more advanced than us, because it'd be pretty sad if we were the best the universe managed to produce after this much time.

Well I eventually sought out therapy, but I had mental compulsions that I wasn't aware of. But the anxiety was so extreme that I couldn't handle being around my little sister in fear that I would rape her, and that was one of many that constantly affected me. So I isolated myself, and thought about suicide constantly. Then again, it got worse during late teenage years due to bipolar I disorder. But therapy was the only way...

It's problematic that you've been victimized. What are your triggers related to your disorder?

I fucked up by saying I had OCPD, because I meant to say Pure O- OCD. Which are entirely different things.

>bipolar I, OCD, GAD

These barely have an impact on your life. Most people have those to a certain extent. I have all of those and it's easily manageable.

I totally understand your point. All you need to do is be aware of that and avoid the placebo effect. If you research enough, and are smart about it, you'll find your answers. That is the magic of the Internet. We are becoming much more independent as we can share all knowledge with each other withoit the need of schools

At least you got into therapy eventually. Any step forward is still a step forward.

I feel like it might be either mild or just a side effect of my anxiety. I've had one time that stimuli actually got beyond what I could take but I am fairly sure that's anxiety.
I feel like if it was Asperger they would have picked it up a lot sooner. I'm not THAT bad with social situations.

I love this album to death.

Favorite album is Kid A, I have borderline personality disorder and OCD.

What caused your Pure O-OCD? Or has it always been with you?

I don't ever consider myself a victim, but I don't necessarily have any triggers other than random thoughts that are caused by my brain.

Since OCD is not about obsessions over compulsions (ie: seeing unsymmetrical curtains, and wanting to fix it because they are uneven), it's obsessions that cause compulsions. In that instance, you would fix the curtains because it would be a dangerous fire hazard that would burn down the house, and that thought would bring constant anxiety, causing you to constantly be fixed on the curtains. That's most people's cases of OCD, and it can be an obsession about anything (germs, harm, misfortune, etc...) but I have Pure O-OCD in which it's mainly obsessions about violent, sexual, and inappropriate situations, and I have mental compulsions that I'm not aware of. So, I don't really have triggers other than my brain activity

>gad
>ocd
>agoraphobia
>add
>alcohol abuse
>cannabis abuse

everyone in this thread should add Histrionic Personality Disorder to their list of fake illnesses

Sweet bait, asshat.

It's always been with me, nothing really caused it. It's just how my brain developed I guess.

It's true though.

>avoidant personality disorder, major depression, generalized anxiety disorder, gender identity disorder

Yep, you're right. It's really easy to deal with, except with the constant anxiety, family isolation, societal isolation, delusions, hallucinations, depression, manic episodes, and 3 suicide attempts... Then sure, it has been a walk in the park, and I was wrong for even having trouble with being mentally ill.

Im enjoying this album currently. As for mental illness well... lol MDD GAD AAD OCD and Ive suffered from psychosis before. My psych doesnt know what kind of psychosis it is though shes leaning on drug induced, which is why, among other reasons i dont smoke weed anymore. I sorta pray every night i dont get "schizo-" anything. Id settle for depression with psychosis or bipolar tbqh. Best case scenario just some temporary thing.

Avoidant personality disorder

lmao, it's like you're spouting what every psychiatrists say: ''it's not your fault''. You know deep down some of it is. You probably brought some of it to yourself by either not taking care of yourself, doing drugs, making immature decisions, not doing exercises, etc.

Schizotypal personality disorder

and my fave album is this

I guess so, but I never said that it wasn't my fault in the first place. It's kind of both my fault and not my fault. Then again, I thought it was normal teenage behaviour so I suppressed thoughts of having something wrong for years, plus my parents thought I was fine, and refused to get me help for a very long time. You can't chose to be mentally ill, and it warps your perception extremely. But you saying that I didn't do anything to help myself is presumptuous, but it got worse and worse no matter what I did. The school counselors recommended me for medical therapy, but my parents didn't allow it.

Severe depression, GAD. Not too bad I guess

Whats schizotypal like for you?

its kinda like diet schizophrenia

trains of thought that I thought at the time was normal will make an awkward silence

I don't really hang out with people much anymore

also I don't sleep much

its annoying but my life could be way worse I have a pretty comfy life

album name?

>Homebrew by Homebrew (self titled album)
Anyone who's a fan of real hip hop and likes deep bars over mellow jazz beats and hasn't listened to this album - you're missing out big time
>Probably socially anxious, purposely isolate myself or maybe just happy being introverted idk, and I'm not sure if it's even considered a mental illness but I've got some serious trust/relationship issues caused by my shit relationship with a shit family
I know you said don't self diagnose but going to talk to someone would make me feel like I'm sick and I'm not for that. I sort of panic when I get around big crowds or groups of people, but when it's just me and a couple other like-minded people I feel like I'm a pretty good person to talk to. As for the family stuff it's kind of complicated but I feel like I'm sort of a 'blacksheep' in my own family, parent never made me even feel welcome in the 'home' yet alone any of my friends or god forbid a gf.

/blog

Morningrise-Opeth

>extreme depression, GAD, OCD

Stopped seeing psychiatrists because all they seemed interested in was pushing pulls that destroyed my sex drive and made me emotionally flatline. Convinced I will never get over my problems and lost a friend of 8 years or for "complaining too much and burdening me with your problems". Met a girl recently, at the first show I ever played, and fell into a deep romance with her. She's helping me cope with my issues and I think im finally getting comfortable with the idea that this is just who I am, and I can be happy despite it if I learn to accept it.

The Microphones - Mount Eerie
Depression, anxiety.

Nothing exciting, or anything I'm even chemically predisposed to. Just general illness brought on by twenty-one years of relentless disaster.

Oh true i keep messing up schizoaffective and schizotypal. When u described it as "diet" i was very confused lol

what kind of thread is this..

not op but im schzioaffective bipolar type 2 NOS
also have tinnitus pretty bad

schizoaffective

OCD, anxiety, dissociative amnesia, aspergers and depression
Fun shit

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

Pic related, although I feel pretty normal.

Pet Sounds

>Social anxiety, depression, PTSD, and bpd

I also fall under the symptoms of schizotypal and avoidant personality disorders but I've never been diagnosed

Schizoid pd
depressive
mild narcissistic pd

Any schizo/schizoid, I recommend Betrayal of the Body (Lowen)

fucking tumblr teenagers. making up mental illnesses to excuse your social retardation doesn't make you edgy

Schizophrenia and Borderline Personality Disorder.

Diagnosed Major Depressive Disorder

XXX - Danny Brown
or
Small Steps, Heavy Hooves - Dear and the Headlights

High functioning ASD (autism)

>OCD
>Autism
>Generalized anxiety
>Body dysmorphic disorder
>Alcohol abuse
>Cannabis abuse
I think the autism was a misdiagnosis though.

>severe depression
>cannabis abuse
>anger issues

My anger issues are pretty controllable most of the time, I just bottle my anger up for weeks and sooner or later end up doing something irrational that almost kills me. It's not really like a 'mental breakdown', but I'll lose my shit altogether just about every two weeks. I've been told my music taste is strange for such an angry person (I enjoy smooth jazz, dream pop, and beach music).

It's only strange if you think everyone is absolutely defined by their mental health issues to the point where they can't enjoy anything besides what other people assume you should enjoy based on cliches.

I wouldn't say it's my favorite album, but it's definitely one of my favorite bands. I can't really decide on that shit.

>GAD, Major Depression, OCD, Bipolar 2 (some of my doctors say that the Depression and the Bipolar are the same? I dunno anymore..), Borderline Personality Disorder, PTSD, and I think that's everything...?
:)