>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22

Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb

Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed)

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/jtuqwo24
youtube.com/watch?v=qVGeyZqsqUs
musiciansfriend.com/folk-traditional-instruments/deering-crossfire-electric-banjo
a.clyp.it/rhwammmz.mp3
a.clyp.it/mt0vx24q.mp3
a.clyp.it/5qalsn4g.mp3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's the consensus on Fender pedals? Are they good for their price?

Go gibson or go home

Bass vs Guitar

Guitar:
Literally everyone plays it
Plebian and mostly attracts retards
Even if you get really good you still be a dime a dozen
Moocher, never useful to anyone
Literally *everyone* plays it

Bass:
High demand, low supply
Patrician as fuck
Easy to find jams and bands, can pick and choose who you want to work with
Extremely useful to everyone, always needed for gigs

Make the right choice, Sup Forums

Here is your damn (You)

How long were you waiting for the new thread to post that?

I need two things explained to me:
1) Why the fuck does Orange make so many goddamned amplifiers and which ones are the ones actually worth using for stoner/sludge
2) Has anyone in the history of music used a Sansamp for something other than bass and had it come out sounding decent

>tfw bass player
>too autistic to find jammates

Really though after playing bass for so long I finally played guitar the other day and I'm finding it super hard to play. Going from fat to skinny strings is tough stuff.

Does anyone know what this is?

Definitely takes some getting used to and is much harder at first. Once you get to bar chords, though, the difficulty plateaus and it's easy from there.

> Has anyone in the history of music used a Sansamp for something other than bass and had it come out sounding decent

Probably not what you're thinking of, but just 30 minutes ago I recorded a quick jam using the SansAmp PSA-1 plug-in on lead guitar. I didn't use it for much other than adding in a bit more presence and a tiny (almost negligible) bit of crunch

clyp.it/jtuqwo24

That's one of Bela Fleck's banjos. If you're asking specifically what kind i dunno.

Here is the video wheres its shown for a few seconds.
Yeah, I remember I found it once a long time ago but I would like to know what type of banjo that is.

Video Link: youtube.com/watch?v=qVGeyZqsqUs
Yeah I wanna see if I can get one.

Getting my first electric guitar within the next few weeks. Currently trying to decide between the Jackson JS22 and the Epi SG Special. Would you guys recommend anything better with a budget of $200?

For anyone that cares I found it.
musiciansfriend.com/folk-traditional-instruments/deering-crossfire-electric-banjo

I'd go with the Jackson because once you notice the SG isn't symmetrical, you'll never be able to unsee it.

Try getting a preowned guitar if your budget is $200. Also, I'd go with the Jackson.

>Jackson JS22
i have this guitar and i like it

how else are you supposed to get those sick shredz off dude

Oh I already learned quite a chunk of guitar it's just getting back into the groove of it after so long that's tough. Hell bar chords are all I've been playing because it's pretty hard to fuck that up. It's the playing individual notes that's tough. I've been finger picking for a long time so moving between strings can get annoying, as does placing my fingers on those notes without hitting other strings. I don't know how I was playing Maiden and Zappa before bass.

Repostin from last thread:

Hey, got a 12-string guitar that has this pickup in it. I'm going to play at a open mic in a couple weeks, and I don't have any experience playing with a plugged in acoustic. How should I set the pickup? I play finger-picking sand folk strumming stuff.

does anyone know of a pedal that could distort my pedals in the effects loop?

I love my TH30 and the effects loop, but sometimes I want to distort the reverbs and stuff in the loop. But all the OD / Distortion / Fuzz pedals are designed to go before the preamp, and sound like shit when sandwiched in the loop.

Just looking for some kind of pedal to dirty my reverbs and delays in an effects loop.

Everyone plays it, decent players are still hard to come by.

The extra string ruins it, otherwise, this is a fucking gorgeous sexy guitar and I want it.

Is there anything wrong with taking online lessons?

Is the Yamaha Gigmaker bundle on Amazon worth it?

Start with everything flat/centred and tweak from there.

A lot will depend on what you're plugged into as well

Get Godin to custom build you one, doesn't even cost that much.

Is that a Godin in the pic? Swear it's an Ibanez

Only thing you miss out on is an actual person to help you out with certain misunderstandings and developing bad habits. But if you can afford a teacher it's worth it. Online is great but having an actual person really does help a lot.

>trying to learn solo to song
>set speed of song to .50
>too fast and I can't get it
>set speed even slower to .25
>too slow and I can't get it
>the solo isn't even that complicated, I'm just extremely uncoordinated apparently

might as well just sell my guitar

It is.

Well, by online lessons I meant like using a webcam. It seems easier to find a reputable teacher online than in the middle of an industrial Midwest city.

Me too lol

Never had experience with that but I assume it can't be that bad. What do you mean by reputable teacher? Do you not have a guitar center or music school around where you live?

Rate my poorfag setup. The guitar is a Memphis Stratocaster that I bought used from a guy that played like 3 times then gave up. The amp is a no-name SGA20 that's supposedly 26W. Doesn't sound the best but it's better than what comes with most cheap guitars. Bought both from the same guy for around 100U$S, it would've cost like 400U$S new. The pedal was 100U$S back when the dollar was a bit cheaper in my country so accounting for currency value it was actually 17U$S cheaper or so. I'm pretty sure it's the most valuable of the three if we only take into account manufacturing cost, the guitar looks, feels, and is pretty cheap, and the amp sounds like it's worth a lot more than it actually is but build quality feels like a chink built some speakers into a suitcase.

There is a guitar center near me and in regards to a music school, there is one that is a part of my local community college, but when I went there when I was younger, the teacher only taught me how to play songs so I don't really have a proper education.

Maybe you're too ambitious with the solo you're learning. Start with a simpler one, practice some scales, etc. Get your fundamentals down then come back to it and try again.

End me now/10

Am I supposed to say something nice here? Because there's nothing nice to say about that set up.

It looks shit, yeah, but it also sounds like shit. The pedal is the only redeemable object in my set, but since I rarely play, it's good enough.

is that guitar missing frets?

No, that's just some weird stickers the store sold the guitar with. The previous owner tried to rip them off but apparently the last ones were too hard.

So when was the moment that you discovered that you were getting better at the guitar?

Never.

When my family and friends' compliments actually sounded like they liked my playing and not "at least you're trying"

there are some reverbs and delays that distort, keep looking around

when I listened to my recordings and realized I didn't quite hate them as much as the older ones

Second

i got an epiphone les paul special, a peavey max 126 bass amp, a big muff pedal and a joyo vintage overdrive pedal
am i all set to learn electric guitar?

all set to kill yourself

you should hate yourself. you're only marginally better than a wet pair of socks
you were all set after you bought the electric guitar

wow rood
no i had an acoustic before and an electric is boring as shit played clean

>and an electric is boring as shit played clean
I'm not trying to be a dick here but I would really love to see the progress you'll make in the next year

this is a very confusing conflicted post so im gonna asumme you're being sarcastic. i should be playing my electric guitar clean? no sort of clipping? I would rather play my acoustic at that point

by clipping i mean overdrive and fuzz

I'm not trying to say that. I'm drunk so don't uh... worry. If you're new though, playing clean will help you to notice some more mistakes. Though at the same time playing dirty will make some mistakes far more apparent, and force you to work on your muting
I genuinely want to see what sorta progress you make. Post some clyps in /gg/ next year I'm sure I won't have a life by then

>electric is boring as shit played clean
Nuh uh

>i should be playing my electric guitar clean?
i like to practice clean until i have it down good

i find it can mask sloppy playing with distortion

i play quiet enought hat i can hear the strings
i can tell if i didnt barre a chord properly and such
honestly i think the big muff is too big and muffy for my liking so i'll probably just be using the tube screamer

>electric is boring as shit played clean
Not knowing:
>Joe Pass
>Charlie Christian
>Wes Montgomery
>(Basically every straight jazz player)
>BB King
>Freddie King
>Albert King
>King King
>All old blues players from the 50's and early 60's who only played clean

shameful

im working on it
theres only so much i can pack into my brain on a daily basis

What's wrong with gay jazz players, shitlord?

There's more to it than just that. Get a teacher or something I shouldn't be trying to help you right now I am in no state to be helping you right now what the fuck I am doing trying to help you out right now

>implying i have money

Stop spending it on shit you don't need

i borrowed the muff from a coworker, the tube screamer was 30 buccs, and the guitar and amp were 50 apiece

I'm truly not in a position to be trying to help you, BUT I FUCKING WANT TO
DO EVERYTHING BETTER
GET BETTER AT GUITAR AND DON'T RELY ON DISTORTION

>be guitar player
>learn bass as well

problem solved. anyone who only plays one instrument obviously hasn't listened to enough prog rock yet

>my setup was better when I was 9.jpg

that'll be fine to learn with user. but eventually you'll find that even though you are playing well, you still don't like the sound you're hearing.

still, fine for learning, should probably keep it on the clean channel.

Should I get this?

Is that factory aging?
Disgusting.

No, it's supposed to imitate the look of the bass Flea used when he was getting started.
Might be a meme but I don't mind it much.

>it's supposed to imitate the look of the bass Flea used
So it is factory aging.

If that's what you meant then yes, sorry.
I thought you meant something like a production mistake.

>yfw being named King adds fifty whole mojos to your playing

im not relying on it lol
im just tyrign to make th etone less boring
you know how little a tube screamer distorts, right?

Post some good guitar albums from this year.

This shit is lit.

How does this 20 bucks mic sound?

both pickups panned
a.clyp.it/rhwammmz.mp3

neck pickup only
a.clyp.it/mt0vx24q.mp3

bridge pickup only
a.clyp.it/5qalsn4g.mp3

This.

But if you're trying to get a new, get a Jackson from out of those two. I guess you are trying to play rock/metal/punk? How about looking into getting an used Schecter? I saw this one gig once and the guitarist was playing a cheap Jackson (along the lines that you wanna get) and he was going out of tune ALL THE TIME, it was pretty embarrassing, I felt bad for the poor guy. It might have only been his guitar, but still, I'd be wary. I'd really just get an used Schecter if I were you.

Epi SG or LP Specials are shite, never bother with those. You'll lose your enthusiasm with playing your electric guitar right quick with those abominations.

what exactly is wrong with them?

You mean the Specials? Can't stay in tune for this, cheapass hardware, shit pickups, really just an overall rotten deal, I personally wouldn't pay more than 20 euros for a Epi Special. It's a beginner's trap, they want an LP or a SG and they see it's an Epi so it can't be that bad, but it is. Those guitars are the worst.

after i replaced the strings, it doesnt seem too bad for a beginner's guitar
obviously a budget thing, you would buy it to play on a shitty 10 watt practice amp
tuning yeah, but tuning takes 2 minutes to do at the start of a session

Really, you can do so, so much better for the money if you're a beginner. It's an extraordinarily shit piece of equipment designed to con rookies. The worst thing is that I've personally seen a guy who wanted to learn to play and bought an LP Special and after two months of struggling with that thing, he said fuck it, and didn't touch a guitar until I sold him my oldass Squier Strat which ran circles around the LP. He started playing again and now he's on his second guitar and plays in a band.

>I'd really just get an used Schecter if I were you.
The old Schecters with the thick neck/flat radius combo really feel awful, I'd rather go for a standard Ibanez for the wizard neck.

you're going to go out of tune more easily on stage, you'll keep moving, there's heat, you get caught in the moment and bash the shit out of your strings because you're having fun. Having to tune each song will cut off your playing time and annoy everyone.

epiphone are really the worst brand ive ever used

Hm, maybe you're right, I recommended Schecters cos I have a Damien Elite-6 and it's such a great fucking guitar for the money (bought it for like $300 used), unbelievable bargain, a dream to play. But yeah, I understand what you mean, and an Ibanez would be a great choice as well. Plays great right out of the box, doesn't break your wallet and sounds great.

Likewise. BC Rich are terrible guitars as well, but they're more of novelty guitars than anything else, Epiphones are trying to be passed off as serious guitars, it's terrible.

Also don't buy a GIO.
Don't fucking buy a GIO.

yeah, don't get a GIO, get a cheap RG and you're gonna have a lovely time, especially when you're a beginner.

Epiphone was a good brand before they became Gibson's bitch.
Actually some higher end hollow body stuff of theirs are still good, just don't expect anything great below $300.

would the Squier Vintage Modified Squier '51 be a good starter guitar

How do i start getting into classical bros? It's quite hard to read and there doesn't seem a lot of resources aside from books where you jump right into playing the songs or right handed technique practice.

I can't believe how expensive they are now. I had an Epi Les Paul Custom for years and it was a pretty good guitar. Electrics were shit and had to change everything, but after that I was about £400 including a set of Burstbuckers.

Now I see they start at £500 and go to over £600!! That is fucking insane, especially when you can get a Gibson LP Studio for £600 and they are seriously good guitars.

>Epiphones
I remember my ex-gf's father was trying to impress me with his black, suave epiphone acoustic lol. It was such a piece of shit, terrible flat sound but goddamn he thought it was something to die for.

If I was trying to impress someone the fag who's trying to get into my daughter's pants would be last on the list.