I want to build credit. If I open a line of credit and buy something, let's say it costs 600$...

I want to build credit. If I open a line of credit and buy something, let's say it costs 600$, do I need to pay it off by the end of the month or can I make payments on it over a period of time? How does it work?

Aight nigga I hate seeing dead thread so Imma help you out with a bump

you obviously lack the worldy wisdom to seek help from a bank here's how you do it. I'm not fukin you m8 Ive been having a good day
>go to bank
>ask for credit car (or loan)
>get
>spendan monay
>repay that shit right away ( dont spend what you dont have like a fucking mongoloid)
>get good credit er time
so your credit will go up as you pay off your debts
it like a power level of bank rep

me be the same nigga

You dont have to have credit if you have income. Its a jew trick.

thats such a stupid thing to say
as if nobody has expenses

It's fine either way. You should really just pay it off ASAP, since you shouldn't be in the habit of spending money you don't have. Your credit card is just a means to an end, and you should be using it to establish credit history. You'll be fine making payments as well, but make them early and don't miss them. Also, holding a balance that is over 33% of your available credit may negatively affect your credit score... unless you've been approved for a 2500 credit limit, that $600 purchase would be best paid off quickly.

Pay it off ASAP you stupid fuck if you dont want to pay 27%. Your credit score will also be determined by the amount of credit available. A $1k credit line is not impressive.

Well I mainly just want to buy something and don't want to save for two weeks to get it. I figure since I can afford it easily with payments I'd just kill two birds with one stone. Is that a bad idea?

Easy credit appeared in the 1980's, right when wages stagnated. Tricking goyim into servitude, allowing him to feel his buying power and income have been constantly rising.

You cant afford it if you have to buy it on credit. You need an emergency fund of 6 months expenses saved up before you think of buying shit. Then worry about your toys and your credit, when you have cash in the bank. You sound like you want to be poor.

yeah bro its an addiction you start doing it over and over as a coping mechanism to get small things then your debt being payed becomes a normal thing. Just think if you got a credit card from the mob. thats basically what the bank is. maybe make sure you have the money for said thing before you go off buying shit. indeed its not shit that you are buying but if you wait for it you wont care that you had to wait since every day is the same my friend. Hail Strelok

Jew thread

yes and thats why I'll never get a credit card until I need credit for a loan on something like a house or a business

Just be responsible with them. (i.e. [ay them off every month)

You're going to get raped in the ass if you have a shit credit score and try to get a mortgage.

fuck it in the butt to assert your dominance over it

I'm 19. I just don't know anything about credit, basically needed someone to tell me I'm a dickhead before i go to the bank and get cucked like a complete towel. Thanks, advice appreciated

actually that has nothing to do with the idea of credit, but thanks for playing....

Adolf KeKler

Alright guy I hate to see you fuck up even more than asking Sup Forums for credit advice so I'll tell you what to do.

>get credit card
>spend money
>pay a little bit more than what's due every month
>credit goes up
>card gets paid off
>get higher limit and more cards
>don't fuck up getting more than what you can pay
>repeat

They don't give a fuck about you being able to pay it off in one payment. That only shows you just wanted an advance on cash and needed a month to get paid but you really had to buy something NOW. They care more about you being able to successfully pay off borrowed money. "Oh gee user paid 32 payments on time and more than what's due in the past year holy shit he must be able to pay off this house and car" see where I'm getting at?

yeah I know how2adult I just don't need it being 18 I'm not going anywhere fast
>inb4 life be sanic boy
>I no

i get it you dislike the jews, but there's more to it than that and if you assume as much then you're just a dumb nigger.

(i could tell you why the financial system is the way it is, but either it wouldnt be in your best interest to know or you wouldnt believe me)

They love it when you dont pay it off in one payment.

>
you cant just pay a little bit more every month that's retarded youll sit in debt and it just wont go away. It'll be minimal but it'll always be there.

exactly that's how they make the money

Oh yes, I'm too fragile to handle your truth

Get a secured card from capital one or discover. A secured card will have a lower interest rate. A bank will likely turn you down for a card because you don't have any assessor credit history. Don't charge more than you can already pay for. Pay it off every month. If you do this, within a year and a half, you'll have at least a 680+ score.

Don't listen to the "pay it off ASAP" people. That's a good idea but it's not how you build credit. To build credit, always keep something on the card and always meet the minimum payment. That's all.

If you buy something expensive, you're going to pay more in interest than you have to if you're only interested in building credit. Just put a few necessary expenses on there each month and meet or beat the minimum payment every month.

Just pay your utility bills on time, you dont need credit.

most people generally are, it's like being told the earth is not flat....people freak the fuck out or like being told your religion is just a system built to instill a code of morality/ethics...or your existence truly has little significance for the broad spectrum of involving the subset.

tl;dr knowing is never actually knowing, but an ever evolving theory and to put it simply a very large portion of humanity would chose not to know anything other than what's generally accepted

This is utter nonsense. If you can pay it off, pay it off. Why the fuck would you pay interest? Don't have a balance of greater than 20% of your credit limit.

Do not pay attention to this poster.

>If you can pay it off, pay it off.
Yeah, the point is to not put things on there that you can't pay off to begin with, hurp durp. You don't want to put hundreds of dollars on it and then "pay it off ASAP". Just put a little on there and meet or beat the minimum payment.

It works by realizing when you're a fucking retarded

Not when BUILDING credit, you buy small things and pay everything off in full every month. then when you want something big, like a house, a car, even something like a big tool box. stuff that you could never just buy outright, you have a history that says you're responsible & will actually pay it back.

Good job repeating what I wrote twice. Learn to read, please.

If you have the income and assets, they will let you have a house or car. You dont need credit.

then no one will lend you the money to buy a house or a business. branch banking for more than 30 years (oldfag) I have seen tens of thousands of credit reports booked many thousands of loans. do not go to Sup Forums looking for credit advice - unless of course you're a troll - there are plenty of appropriate resources elsewhere. if you want real advice ama

see
I do this every fucking day!! I cannot speak about other countries or cultures, just the U.S. But if you do this, expect to be unpleasantly surprised.