If it applies to you, tell me why you prefer living the single life over having a gf, wife etc

if it applies to you, tell me why you prefer living the single life over having a gf, wife etc

because this way I don't care when they inevitably fuck around

It's more of a pragmatic decision for me personally.

When I'm alone, I get tinges of lonliness, but overall I can cope with life (read: keep my problems in check, correctly telling myself no one gives a shit about my issues)

However, in a relationship, I realise someone has the audacity to try and care about me and tell me I'm not the awful fucking person I am convinced I am. Thus, I make damn sure I'm right by being the worst fucking person I can be to whoever I'm dating. Pushing all their buttons and throwing the mental abuse like it's nothing. Oh and everything I want out of them in a relationship is purely everything they refuse to give up (which has been easy cos I have dated Jesus freak virgins so naturally all I wanted was sex).

Tl;dr: I have too many walls built up and am not worth enough for someone to break them down.

No attachment
No pain

A gf can be fun, NEVER move in with a chick, though. Marriage is a trap for guys, period.

I'm a very solitary person, to the extent I Dont really have close friends either, occasionally I think it might be nice to have somebody but generally Im very focused on my own interests and would struggle to make the sacrifices necessary to share my life. Also I have cats

thats what happened tonight. she knew i didnt want to get married since day 1. Four years in she thought she could change me and realized im not changing my mind. Get super upset i wont move in with her.

Im not meant to be in a relationship i much prefer being alone, she needs someone who can satisfy her

what are your interests geniunlet curious i feel im the same as you except 1 dog is all i need around

Honestly I just let my gf move in with me and I'm not sure why... I'm a very lonely person. I never truely bond with anyone. It's been that way since I was a young kid (25 now) when she's around it makes me feel like I'm less of a monster than I am. I helped her get off drugs, I've been there for her everytime she's needed me, and she loves me for all I've done. But I'm completely indifferent to her. The sex is nice but I know I'm just gonna hurt her too... Makes me resent myself more. Also I miss having all the space I needed.

almost the same situation and just ended it tonight. It will be better in the long run, i cant give her all that she needs and deserves. Also i never realize how much i enjoyed being alone until a gf.

Also do you do any drugs currently? Recreationally or habits or rarely?

If the marriage system is broken and thats 90% of the reason people get a girlfriend or boyfriend then why the fuck should i even try? Why not move somewhere with better laws? Have booty calls? Or simply not participate. Its not worth it, that and i just got out of a four year relationship six months ago you could set me up with the most beautiful women on earth and i wouldn't be able to get romantically involved, time heals all wounds though maybe il change my mind next year.

I like to read a lot, 3 or 4 books a week, play guitar, although I have arthritis and that getting somewhat harder to enjoy, I like to draw as well but the mood for that comes and goes when I get the urge I can be lost for hours. I spend a lot of time researching stuff online too, though there's no real structure to it, just whatever piques my interest. I also like to write though my work so far I consider practise, ultimately I would like to be a published author. I spend an hour or so a day gaming too, currently I'm hooked on stellaris. I also like to just tinker with stuff...I don't really know what else to tel you, I keep myself busy with all sorts of stuff, I just like to do it alone. I also spend 1 weekend every month smoking weed, used to be everyday but that was some years back, now it's nice to have a little break and veg out, kinda reinvigorate me.

Also bump for your gay ass thread

This was your reply
I also spend a lot of time gardening,, I don't actually enjoy the process but I do enjoy the end result

Ive had erectile dysfunction my entire 25 years of living.

We get along like best friends, the sex is great too. Just seems like life is better with her.

minus the writing and we sound quite a lot a like user

have you ever taken lsd?

I've tried shrooms a few times but I don't like the idea of manufactured chemicals, probably just paranoia but I don't have a source I could trustanyway .

are you me?

I...I don't think so, how can we find out?

i just wish i could live on a beautiful island with a living space facing the sunset every night and i could access my version of psychedelic reality with the flip of a switch on or off and i could draw paint and listen to and make music forever

Gg

let's both say the same thing at the same time... at 1:12

compulsory

Not sure if i can get a good boner. I am on disability with a mental illness, overweight and women don t look at me. Perhaps if a sexy woman wanted to talk to me I would feel worthy. I am concerned that possible stress of relationship would bring out symptoms of schizo-affective disorder. What do I really have to offer a woman. They can be needy, emotional twats at times.

lol

Because I'm not a particularly interesting human being and get exhausted by the need to keep a woman entertained when there's very little I get out of it. Plus I have to force myself to pay attention to whatever the saying even when it's absolutely nothing, so I come off as an asshole. Lastly I'm very emotionally unstable when it comes to women. It's annoying, usually I'm fine and don't really get attached to people or situations, but as soon as I start developing feelings for a woman, I just start to loose a grip on my sanity.

In my experience with a long term gf of 7 fucking years is she treated me like she owned me and I just didn't confront her about her shit because it wasn't worth it. She had explosive anger issues, abandonment issues, shop therapy issues, road rage, the list goes on. Anyhow I didn't realize how crazy it had gotten until we had been apart for a year or so. Been single 3 years now and I fucking love it. Love being on my own, having my own stuff, cooking my own food and not dealing with being a god damn housemaid to some unstable bitch. I do miss the regular puss though, that was alright.

bump

damn user thats a laege chunk of your life to waste unrealizing her toxicity